[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Goku is dead >no Majin Buu at all >not even fat buu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
>Goku is dead
>no Majin Buu at all
>not even fat buu
>world is at peace, Gohan is Great Sayaman, Goten and Trunks are kids
>therefore, should be before the Bu saga

but
>Goku can reach ssj3
>Said he learned that while fighting Buu
>Goten and Trunks can go ssj and use fusion
>Vegeta is somehow dead and nobody resurrected him

Not even trying to guess the timeline since it's all fucked, but still
What happened in this different canon/universe? Who killed Buu?

Why didn't they just set the whole thing after Buu saga by simply adding 15 seconds of fat buu screen time?
What were they thinking?
>>
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>waaah this non-canon movie doesn't fit in the canon timeline
>>
>>135379650
They probably didn't give two fucks, but if I had to guess
>Vegeta suicides on Buu as per usual
>Goku starts to teach Gotten and Trunks fusion, but then goes to fight Buu once Babidi declares the intent to level West City
>doesn't go full retard and just kills off Buu and returns to the afterlife
>Piccolo teaches the kids the Fusion Dance anyway
>Gohan heads back to Earth from the Kaioshin planet eventually/after Goku teleports there to find him.
>>
>>135379854
I'm with op, this bug me when I watched it. I known movies aren't canon but holy shit this one didn't gave a fuck
>>
>>135379854
It's not even about using the actual timeline, just explain shit.

You can't cherrypick random elements from 70 episodes and tell a story by slapping them in 50 minutes, at least say something about what happened

Like "yeah Vegeta killed Buu and now he's dead"
or
"Gohan/Gotenks defeated Buu and the world is back to the pre-buu situation"
Or just show fat buu for a few seconds

it was so fucking easy to make some sense without actively forcing a timeline, this way it just confuses the viewer (who's abviously already a fan) for no reason
>>
>Some people come back as zombies
>Other people just come back to life
>Aliens who didn't die on Earth revive on Earth
>Vegeta gets a body but stays dead and in hell

The movie doesn't even try to be consistent, don't overthink it.
>>
>>135379650
>>135380033

>Buu wants Goten and Trunks to fuse so he can absorb them and Piccolo.
>Gohan says 'No' and beats him to death.
>Goku has no need to be resurrected.
>Dragon Balls are used to revive everyone that Buu killed.
>Since Buu didn't actually kill Vegeta, he isn't brought back with the wish.
>The Gang thinks about what Vegeta did at the tournament and decide it's better to leave him dead.

There's your alternate timeline.
>>
>>135379650
>>135380061
>You can't cherrypick random elements from 70 episodes and tell a story by slapping them in 50 minutes

They can and they did. Obviously it's stupid for them to wedge in a movie every 6 months of the tv series since arcs take so long to finish, but it's better than taking time out of already short movies to explain away inconsistencies. Especially ones conflicting with the show.

Obviously the best thing to do was to write the movie into the timeline correctly like Bojack or or the first Cooler, but it wasn't the primary goal when they made it.

Also
>Why didn't they just set the whole thing after Buu saga by simply adding 15 seconds of fat buu screen time?

The saga was far from finished when this movie was produced. They didn't know that fat Buu was gonna live.
>>
>>135380061
the movie actually came out before goku even resurreted in the manga. Infact its what inspired toriyama to use earrings since he didn't want to detract from the movie.
>>
File: 329566.jpg (1 MB, 1482x1947) Image search: [Google]
329566.jpg
1 MB, 1482x1947
>>135379650
It takes place when/where Gohan or Gotenks kills Buu(going by when the movie came out in relation to the anime. Accounting production time and the original manga chapters out by then? I think Gohan had killed Buu.
>>135382333
True
>>
File: 5476722.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
5476722.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>135379650

How does one explain the Return of Cooler movie?

>Gohan has long hair and unable to go SSJ
>Dende is the current Guardian of Earth
>Piccolo and Kami supposedly fused into a super Namekian but isn't the strongest in the group
>Vegeta surprises everyone by going SSJ
>>
>>135380448
>The saga was far from finished when this movie was produced.

What about the manga?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.