[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It seems like one punch man gets repetitive,the bad guy boast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 236x244) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 236x244
It seems like one punch man gets repetitive,the bad guy boast about how powerful he is,then Genos and the other Heros fight the bad guy and 15 minutes later Saitama comes and destroys them,I'm 10 episodes in and I haven't read the manga. Anybody else notice this?
>>
>>135373049
>and I haven't read the manga
well this thread is off to a good start
>>
>>135373049
The joke

->you
>>
>>135373616
not just the joke, the whole story and narrative plus plot
everything other than "the protagonist beats the villain" went over his head
>>
>>135373049
>the bad guy boast about how powerful he is
What's with all the barely literate op's starting One Punch Man threads today.
This is the fifth one today to sound like a half-hearted composition by an ESL student or grade schooler.

>I'm 10 episodes in and I haven't read the manga
Fuck off then
>>
>>135373616
thx
>>
>>135373708
if you say so
>>
File: d013.jpg (116 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
d013.jpg
116 KB, 600x849
it gets better when the S class heroes become more relevant
>>
File: 1397200594729.jpg (61 KB, 617x700) Image search: [Google]
1397200594729.jpg
61 KB, 617x700
OPM is a metta shonen manga, the whole point is to show all the different plots of other manga. Deconstruct them in a few chapters, and show that none of them are that complicated, and that they all follow the same formula that you mentioned.
>>
>read the manga when it came out
>forgot about it
>finished the anime recently and was real disappointed

Goddammit. Now getting back into the manga is gonna be hard
>>
>>135375863
you wish
>>
>>135375863
>OPM
>Shounen
fucking faggots can't tell the difference between a demographic and a genre
>>
I agree that it can get repetitive but it's still very early to say that. We're still on chapter 50 something on the remake and 104 on the original, there's still a lot to happen and room for developing other characters.
>>
>>135375863
Yeah, you kind of fucked up the explanation and oversold the premise of the series. Way to go, contributing to the OPM faggot shitstorm as of late.

I like OPM. People around here used to like OPM. Now, with all these fags jumping up and arguing about it, then fuckers coming in to talk about how complex it is, it feels like I'm not allowed to enjoy it anymore.

Thanks again, /a/, for ruining everything.
>>
>>135375653
Have we seen pig gods "that" yet?
>>
>>135375863
I'm actually having a hard time figuring out if it's a genuine parody or not. The majority of the manga that doesn't focus on Saitama, is generic shounen with some humorous elements, but it doesn't really feel like a full blown parody either.
It reminds me a bit of Eyeshield, even if it's not the same writer. The characters and teams they were facing were riduclous and often parodies of various tropes, but the manga itself wasn't a parody or a comedy.
>>
>>135373049
can you just admit that your fandom ruined the show?
>>
>>135377682
It's pretty general that /a/ is the worst place to discuss shonen.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.