[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you tag your growing collection of animu pictures, /a/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: ss+(2015-12-28+at+03.18.20).png (1 MB, 1531x953) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-28+at+03.18.20).png
1 MB, 1531x953
How do you tag your growing collection of animu pictures, /a/?
>>
>select all & delete
problem solved
>>
File: Untitled.png (531 KB, 1181x633) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
531 KB, 1181x633
>>135364571
Like this, but how the fuck do you save 3000 pictures without it occurring even once to you along the way that maybe you should have some level of organization?
>>
>2865 items
Small time.
>>
I used to rename them but I really regret not keeping the 4chan filename.
>>
>>135364571
>137---

Get a load of this newfag
>>
File: zz2.jpg (352 KB, 1837x768) Image search: [Google]
zz2.jpg
352 KB, 1837x768
>>135364571
I used to put more effort doing tags then I think is necessary/worth my time, now though I only do 2 tags pretty much, "fav" (for my favorite pics/gifs/vids) and the anime/manga/source of the pic/gif/vid. Nowadays though I don't even bother doing tags and just download, therefore I have folders which I've named "NOT CLEARED" (meaning that I have not looked through the folder to delete any files I don't want and haven't tagged anything either). The "CLEARED" folder contains files I do want to keep and have tagged all of the ones I've could/wanted to, the files haven't been organized though.
Almost forgot, but I always keep the filename for all the files.
I hope this becomes helpful and that other anons shares their way of doing things, so I can copy/get some ideas that I find useful.
>>
File: RWBY anime.png (463 KB, 931x559) Image search: [Google]
RWBY anime.png
463 KB, 931x559
>>135364571
>>135365785
This.

It's a complete waste of time renaming image files, when stuffing them in directories will be enough
>>
>>135365601
Yeah, I got enough images that tagging became an issue and then rather than attempt to invent some tagging scheme that file systems don't support, I just stopped saving shit.
>>
File: 65165164.png (363 KB, 583x562) Image search: [Google]
65165164.png
363 KB, 583x562
>tag
I just make folders with random names and they're inside other random folders and computers.
It's really difficult to find an specific picture unless it's a screenshot from an anime, though.
At least I started a folder only for reaction faces, which is kind of helpful, but it's a pain in the ass to update because I don't want to download pictures to my regular 4ch folder and the reaction faces folder. I just want one folder for all my downloads.
>>
>>135366217
>gotta clear
>>
>>135367399
sometimes on a second look I decide to not keep files I've downloaded.
Sometimes I download a duplicate of a file I already have, both intentionally (to check if it's better quality or a different version) and unintentionally (and so I need to delete it if I don't need it).
Also, because of circumstances in the past, I used to download files quickly and so I would often find a file that I then later decided to not keep.
I'd say I have higher standards than the average anon when it comes to what they download and keep, as I'm pretty sure I'm more picky about it and want a clean collection (I make sure to only keep what I want, nothing uneccessary just for the reason of "why not?", also I don't want something I'd consider something that wastes space)
>>
File: 2015-12-28 20_37_51-! Cute.jpg (212 KB, 1063x986) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28 20_37_51-! Cute.jpg
212 KB, 1063x986
>>
Pictures > Anime > Studios > Shows
Depending on the show and the amount of picture I then Split it up by characters.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.