[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to drop this by the three episode rule. Does it get better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
About to drop this by the three episode rule. Does it get better?

I know they're completely different genres but it's hard to believe this was written by the same guy as haibane renmei
>>
It doesn't.

It's very boring.
>>
>>135345172
When your taste does.
>>
>>135345172

its boring but you kinda get used to it. It's chill
>>
If i recall correctly it was created right after Lain and the studio wanted to do something to lighten the mood.
>>
>>135345172
>written by the same guy as haibane renmei
It wasn't.
ABe only did the character design.

It was made a a stress reliever after doing Lain by the team who worked on it.
And directed by the person who did Ichigo Mashimaro.

ABe only did Haibane. Niea, Lain and Tex aren't his works as much as just his character design.

NieA is fantastic though, feel free to drop it, nothing of value will be lost.
>>
>>135345172
the indian guy is my favourite
>>
>>135345172
It's amazing. Who cares if you drop it?
Do you seek attention mayhaps? Well you can eat a dick.
>>
why isn't ABe-Yotsuba updating anymore, I miss Ryuushika
>>
>>135345963
>ABe only did the character design.
Sorry you are wrong here, the show is based on a doujin ABe made. He might not have written the script but the concept is his.
>>
>>135346177
He meant for the other anime he listed
>>
>>135345963
It's based on his manga, the fuck you're talking about.
>>135346075
Bad news, anon, it has ended. There's only a volume left untranslated.
>>
>>135346212
>Niea, Lain and Tex aren't his works as much as just his character design.
>Niea
>just his character design
>>
>>135346000
>mayhaps
you're already beating OP at it so I think you could give him some lessons.

>>135345172
Not really, but I still ended up finishing it somehow. It has a charm even if it's bad.
>>
>>135346229
I love Ryuushika but if it has ended because ABe is too busy on Despera now I would be happy enough.
>>
>>135346262
>ABe is too busy on Despera
is this a sick joke
>>
>>135346262
He's busy with his 3D Ryushika
>>
>>135346262

dont joke about this pls
>>
>>135346177
Sorry but you are the wrong here.

Yoshitoshi ABe

Anime:
NieA under 7 (character design, illustrations) - April 2000.

Doujinshi:
NieA Under 7 - August 2001

He just wrote it as a basis for the show concept and a gag show.

It was directed, filmed a produced by different people.

He just made the basis, pitched it and forgot about it after making some works after it aired.

It's not his show.
>>
>>135346277
>>135346306
No not really, ABe confirmed at a live draw last year somewhen that Despera has found a new director. That doesn't mean it is getting made of course, they will still need a studio and funding and could come out sometime between the near future and never but it is more promising than being in limbo.
>>
>>135346240
>>135346316
>>
>>135346177
>the show is based on a doujin ABe made
But that's wrong you retard.
He wrote the story for the anime and designed the characters first.
>>
>>135346316
You don't seem to be disagreeing with anything I am saying. His work was more than just character design, it was also his concept.
>>
>>135346229
What manga?
>>
>>135346370
Do you have an interview source? Or are you just going by publication dates? That is about as reliable as pulling shit out of your ass really.
>>
>>135346383
It was not his show though, and I'm disagreeing with
>>135346177
>the show is based on a doujin ABe made
>>135346229
>It's based on his manga

Because this is just plain fucking wrong spouting of people who have no idea what they are talking about.
>>
>>135346422
On what basis? Do you have a source stating that the manga was published after the fact or are you just making assumptions based on publication dates?
>>
>>135346413
What are you basing on that it was based on his manga?
On literal nothingness? Just because you think so?
That's some dedication anon, rather than using release dates let's just use sheer stupidity.
>>
>>135346465
>Do you have a source stating that the manga was PUBLISHED after the fact
>or are you just making assumptions based on PUBLICATION dates

Yeah I'm basing the fact that it was published later on the date that says it was published later.

Are you okay?
>>
>>135346510
So it seems more likely to you that ABe showed up to a studio with just an idea and got a show funding, sponsors and made for it? Rather than having been working on the manga showing it to the studio and funders then publishing it after the show was made and he was done writing/drawing it?

I know which one of those sounds like bullshit to me, people don't just fund pie in the sky ideas.
>>
>>135346551
>Rather than having been working on the manga showing it to the studio and funders then publishing

Now look who's pulling shit out of his ass?

So you literally just THINK that this is what happened instead of basing it on actual information.

You prefer your idea what happened to physical information?

Kay then, moving on.
>>
>>135346605
There is no information contained in a publication date about which order something was made in, it is literally useless. If it seems more likely to you that a whole show got funded just based on an idea though, and then ABe decided to make a manga for fun after, I won't argue you with because you are clearly deluded and have some kind of autism that disallows you from conceiving of the world in this light.
>>
>>135346653
yeah yeah we got it, you like to think that you are right and important and things happen the way you think they do, and obviously your speculations are not asspulling but factual information.

Moving on, moving on.
>>
>>135346688
You realize that you are merely speculating as well right? A date of publication contains no information about date of creation beyond that it must have happened prior to that date. Just as long as you know that an assumption based on publication dates is just as bullshit that is fine. I am merely saying that my speculation seems more likely than yours.
>>
Are you two autists finished about who is right and who is wrong yet?
>>
>>135346768
The "right" answer will always been indeterminate without any new evidence such as interviews or something. No point arguing about the fact of the matter really. At this point I was merely pointing out that a publication date contains no information about order of creation.
>>
>>135346820
holy shit just stop posting already
>>
>>135346896
I'm having a legitimate discussion about the show in question in the thread, would you please stop shitposting?
>>
>>135346739
>my speculation seems more likely than yours
riiiiiiiight
just try reading your sentences, I mean come on, this is just baiting at this point.
>>
>>135346820
Jesus Christ you really are retarded, aren't you?
>>
>>135346922
Try answering the following.

Do you actually think it is more likely than an idea alone got funded with nothing to back it up rather than ABe showing them a manga he had been working on demonstrating the concept, characters and style of the series?

Actually answering it, not evading with irrelevances. What do you think is more likely to get funded? An idea alone or a manga in progress of being made demonstrating the idea?
>>
The show comes across as light-hearted most of the time but at it's core it's about being poor and fearing the future. On the whole it ends up being kind of depressing but as a SoL you kind of end up missing the characters when it's finished. Take that as you will.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.