[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain to me why the ending of this is considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: what.jpg (33 KB, 550x250) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
33 KB, 550x250
Can anyone explain to me why the ending of this is considered good? The entire death scene felt forced. He's saved her from things faster than that before. Why didn't he just jump in front of the projectiles?

Why didn't he literally die like he said he was going to? Why did he go on to ntr the girl, who he supposedly loved, with the person who ordered her killed?

I enjoyed the series but by the end they accomplished absolutely nothing but getting a bunch of innocents slaughtered.
>>
>>135317567
She would have had him killed after gathering up all the swords? Am I really expected to believe this? It completely goes against all of the character development I've seen throughout the entire series.
>spared the young ninja claiming not to want bloodshed
>told him not to kill the pirate in the armor
>told him he didn't have to kill the lady with the thousand swords
How the hell is she even going to have him killed? More importantly, why?
>>
>>135318121

If she told him to kill them, then it would be easy as shit to beat them.

She didn't wanted him to survive so she handicap him with that order.

Also, it isn't that it goes against her character development, she lied. That's all.
>>
>>135317567

He went with her in the end because she is a princess, much more attractive and alive. She all around has better genes for baring him children.
>>
>>135318828
It's logically what you would do, if you didn't really care about the girl you allowed to be murdered.
>>135318472
What was all of episode 10 about, what with the holy man and being able to see everything? She's an inept little girl. She does a few smart things throughout the series, but what kind of master strategist would have her only piece killed? What kind of sense does that make? If the piece you have is so loyal that it will die if you say "die" and you have no other pieces, why would you get rid of it?

She couldn't even control the maniwani clan or any of the people she hired. Why would she get rid of the only tool she has?
>>
>>135318472
>Also, it isn't that it goes against her character development, she lied. That's all.
I gathered from her monologue that she wanted to kill herself after the revenge was done anyways so killing him never made much sense.
>Why didn't he literally die like he said he was going to?
He failed. He was trying really hard too.
>I enjoyed the series but by the end they accomplished absolutely nothing but getting a bunch of innocents slaughtered.
Did you miss the part where revenge is stupid? Did you miss the whole talk with the swordsmith and how he wanted to change history and in the end nothing changed?
Also the ending line where 'this is the story of those who did stuff"?
The conclusion is that despite everything anyone wanted it all amounted to nothing of worth. Ichika and blondie live because they didn't really want anything.
>>
File: cantwakeup.png (69 KB, 486x331) Image search: [Google]
cantwakeup.png
69 KB, 486x331
>>135317567
Still mad
>>
>>135317567
It is a shit ending but fanboys will argue with you about it forever so save your time and don't bother. Any criticism you have or things you don't like about it are just because you didn't get it and are too stupid to understand the fantastic depth of the writing.
>>
>>135319926
well, it is nishio after all
I bet that guy could make bleach interesting.
>>
I guess I'll just take it as >>135319639 said and consider it a giant theme of failure. Even the creators failed to end the series on a good note.
>>
>>135318121
>She would have had him killed after gathering up all the swords? Am I really expected to believe this?

That scene made it pretty obvious that she was lying, hell her first line was how the speech would be her "final strategy". She wanted Shichika to leave her with no remorse for her death, because she didn't think she deserved any herself, so she had to lie about wanting to kill him. It wasn't even subtle.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.