[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
How a film can be this good when the source material is bad ?
Days ago I ended "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" S01 and S02. This anime was barely 5/10, a pure waste of my waste of time. So I expected a bad film.
But damn it, It was awesome. All this plot around Nagato and her humanity part was cleaver. The choice left to Kyon about what world he wants and his awareness about the good time he had with Haruhi despite her crazy actions was brilliant, especially the inner battle scene in the class room.
It was what the anime should had been : full of mysteries with a interesting intrigues and a strong presence of SF elements. Not just a basic SoL with some SF touch.
This film is a fucking masterpiece. I don't have other word.
>>
Is liking this movie a meme?
>>
>>135305676
Hello, Reddit.
>>
>>135305676
The source material is the light novels, not the preceeding anime, you fucking dogshit eating retard.
>>
>>135305676
You only watched Haruhi just now? Arey ou underage?
>>
Same.
Dropped the anime after endless eight, but love the movie.
>>
>>135305676
I can smell your new.
>>
>wow this anime sucks, not enjoying it at all.
>better keep watching every episode and the movie!
>>
>>135305719
Is liking good things a meme ?
>>
>>135305676
I have to agree. I want to show Disappearance to a few of my friends, but none of them have seen the original series. It's a fantastic movie, but is it really worth rewatching both seasons of bullshit?
>>
>>135305676
I kept believing in the endless eight that there might be some changes except clothes but for fucks KyoAni.
>>
>>135306239
>>135305780
>Butthurt
>>
>>135305676
It's shit
>>
>>135308355
I think yes. Especially for the time travel scene.
At least, show them the S01 which is less bad than the S02 and contain almost all the elements to understand the film.
>>
>>135305719
Yes. It's such a collosal and ingenious meme that the blu-ray is selling for 150$ on regular price.
>>
>>135305676
no one cares
>>
>>135308355
I don't recall needing to know much more than the basic plot and that whole John Smith bit, first 4-odd episodes + that should be enough to prep for the movie, I'd think.
>>
I really don't understand how there can be people who worship the movie so much but hate the series. It's not THAT much better than say, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, considering one is an episode that really should have been two, and the other is an almost 3 hour movie with much higher production values.
>>
>>135313691
I think people go in expecting too much, and the first few episodes do kind of pitch it as the calm before the storm, a storm that never really happens. That's how I felt, anyway.
>>
File: disappearance.jpg (295 KB, 1326x1813) Image search: [Google]
disappearance.jpg
295 KB, 1326x1813
>>135305676
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.