[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
we're all going to die some day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: XEZvKwG.jpg (91 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
XEZvKwG.jpg
91 KB, 1366x768
Why are there characters that freak out about it? I just rewatched Madoka and Mami seems really freaked out about having to die at all, regardless of whether she turns into a witch or not.

Why is she freaking out like that? We all have to go some time.
>>
Watch those edges kid, you mught cut somebody
>>
>>135287173
Because you're faced impending death, right edgelord? None of us know how we're going to react until we're facing it, especially when it's unexpected and/or sudden.
>>
>>135287173
>He plans to die
>>
File: So dark.jpg (137 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
So dark.jpg
137 KB, 500x500
>>135287240
>>135287236
Edgemind
>>
Some people want to live a long lifespan.
>>
I stared at death before, it isn't something you should long for.

Everybody dies? Yes, but you shouldn't aim for it.
>>
>>135287173
You're a retard.
>>
>We all have to go some time
I think I'll go ahead and stay. The universe is free to try and stop me, but I refuse to give up. When I die, it will be while fighting to stay alive.
>>
>>135287173
She's not afraid of dying, she's afraid of become a witch, are you retarded?
>>
>>135287173
Most people don't think about death and are afraid of the (non)afterlife.
Just because you don't fear death doesn't mean others won't. I don't really care if I die or not, but I'm not going to wave my emodick like it even matters.
>>
>>135287370
Can you confirm if there's a Heaven/Hell? Or do you reincarnate into a brand new person with no knowledge of your previous life after you die?
>>
>>135287484
You turn into 2D and they evaluate your route choices in life. If you lost your virginity, it's nice boat ending for you.
>>
>>135287173
CRAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY SKIIIIN
>>
File: I come for death.jpg (120 KB, 600x931) Image search: [Google]
I come for death.jpg
120 KB, 600x931
>>135287370
>Don't aim for death
>not be a badass and aim for his fucking face when the time comes

My luck, it'll be a hot female version and then the rigormortis will hit my dick and I will be powerless.

yes I know it's /co/ but it's the first thing that came to mind.
>>
>>135287173
Yes, I agree OP! We all have to die sometime. Why don't you go ahead kill yourself right now?
>>
File: 1445657362891.jpg (71 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1445657362891.jpg
71 KB, 540x960
>>135287173
As human beings we generally cannot comprehend death until it is upon us.

It is a mechanism that allows us to act despite knowing the inevitable.

It is exactly why you can say what you say.
>>
File: 1450977668836.png (114 KB, 326x326) Image search: [Google]
1450977668836.png
114 KB, 326x326
>>135287697

So death gives us life. So we should worship death. Which means we should bring people to death to spread the good word.
>>
File: 27424728_p3.jpg (154 KB, 600x442) Image search: [Google]
27424728_p3.jpg
154 KB, 600x442
What freaked Mami out was the idea of turning into a monster that will go around killing people, essentially undermining the only purpose she's had in her life since her parents died.
>>
>>135287173
I just started watching Madoka so I don't know the circumstances, but regardless of whether you are afraid of dying or not, when you face death it's not that strange to freak out, I mean, survival instinct is one of the basic animal instincts.

On the other hand, I agree that freaking out IRL, whenever death is mentioned or being discussed, is just retarded and I unironically pity the plebs who can't even bear the very thought of it.
>>
>OP asks a silly question why teenage girls are afraid of dying
>at the same time points out dealing with loss and own mortality is a part of life and a challengeseveryone must overcome to be content in life
>he's called an edgelord in return
Grow up, kids.
>>
the fear of death is stronger and more horrible than basically anything, except perhaps persistent torturous pain

I didn't understand this until I experienced it

be thankful that you're in your 20s or whatever, youve got another decade or so before you realize there isn't much time left
>>
>>135287173
Well
>She's 14
>She was tricked
>She knows that the way she dies is essentially having her soul explode into a monster that'll eat people
Wow, I wonder why the little girl is distraught.
>>
>>135288019
and also she's like 15 or some shit
>>
Mami didn't freak out about dying. She freaked out because she realized that her whole hero of justice act, the only thing sustaining her in an empty life, was a cruel and pointless joke. She had been killing other magical girls the whole time and would eventually become the very thing she fought to stop, rendering her entire struggle pointless.

With no friends and the guilt of letting her family die, all Mami had was the idea that she was making a difference, and when she lost that the only way out she saw was to erase a few more future witches and then herself.
>>
fear of dying is one of the central themes of fiction. like religion it is not something you just solve offhandedly; it is complex.
>>
>>135289013
How abut you don't ask autistic questions and lurk more and you won't be called an edgelord, you faggot.
>>
>>135289795

As an addendum, if Mami was terribly afraid of dying she would never have been able to fight as effectively as she did. As The Different Story goes into, more than anything else she was afraid of being alone.
>>
>>135287173
Most people don't become murderous abominations consumed by hatred when they die.
>>
>>135287173
she's 15
>>
>>135287173
I don't want to die yet because there are far too many manga and anime that I want to watch first.
Think about it. If you die, you will NEVER watch anime ever again. Shit's scary, and nobody wants that.
>>
>>135291581
>tfw anime announcements for the next year are the only thing keeping you from killing yourself
>>
>>135291662
I'm not dying until the LOGH reboot finishes airing.
>>
>>135287437
>(non)afterlife
*tips fedora*
>>
>implying that contemplating your mortality isn't actually really comforting.
>>
>>135287173
I don't believe it's a common mindset for someone of that age. Aren't these kids all like 14 or something? People only tend to think that way when they get a little older, if they start thinking that way at all.

Even adults of all ages get freaked out by death. If all of the characters went into it completely stoically it would've been weird.
>>
File: 1448770868338.png (769 KB, 1000x1618) Image search: [Google]
1448770868338.png
769 KB, 1000x1618
>>135287173
>Why is she freaking out like that? We all have to go some time.
Did you watch the anime?

1.) Witches do bad things. This is bad.
2.) Magical Girls use magic to defeat witches and acquire witch gems.
3.) In the process of (2), their soul gems become impure, and must purify them with witch gems
4.) If (3) isn't done, the magical girl becomes a witch (which is bad for reasons stated in (1)).

A Magical Girl is just a witch. Mami decided to an hero her and everyone else to prevent them from becoming witches.

There was no existential dilemma, her motivations were quite simple.
>>
>>135287173
>Mami
>Afraid of dying

Bullshit she was afraid of dying. Mami has seen other magical girls killed by witches - if she was afraid of dying, she wouldn't have been fighting at all. I shouldn't have to explain this.
>>
It was a cheap way to show how fragile Mami really is behind her perfect magical girl shtick. She already told us before but that brought it home. Needed because she was killed off so quickly, I guess.
>>
>>135287173

I imagine most people would freak out if they realized they only had a few years max to live, you can only really be so non-chalant about it because ((assumedly)) you have a fair few decades left in you, as well as knowing that after they 'die' they'll transform into a horrible monstrosity that can only feel dispair and whose entire existence only serves to make people suffer.
>>
>>135287173
It's completely different things you idiot.
A corpse remains peace forever after you die but it's like you're an undead hunter but you realized undead hunters turn into undead eventually.
>>
Mami needs a boyfriend that wouldn't listen or care about her attempts to push away and give her the companionship she wants and the dicking needs.

that said i wonder what kind of powers a gal would get if they wished to become a mother via incubator magical girl process and the resulting witch, witch of maturity?
>>
>>135295376

> Using a once in a lifetime chance to wish for anything on having a kid dumped on you while you're a young teen.

I don't think even a preteen would be that dumb, I imagine most people who would want to become mothers mean that's what they want when they grow up into adults, not while they're still in school.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.