[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /a/, I am looking for Japanese speakers/readers. Recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1451099017812.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
1451099017812.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Hey /a/, I am looking for Japanese speakers/readers.

Recently my Grandfather passed and I came to possess a bunch of his artifacts from his service in the U.S. military. One of these is a World War 2 Imperial Japanese Flag with kanji writing on it. For reasons I've mentioned in the original thread:

>>>/k/28319544/

I no longer wish to hold onto this artifact, but I would like to learn a bit about it first, and to do that I need help getting it translated. Hopefully the text contains enough information to find the original soldier's unit or family before it was taken by Grandfather, so that it may be returns to somewhere where it more appropriately belongs.

This is what /k/ says the flag says:
"海軍航空技術廠 Imperial Japanese Navy Aviation Technical engineers
齋藤秀司 Name? Shuji Saito?
齋藤?司雄 Same Name?"

Also I am considering contacting the Japanese Embassy in an effort to return the flag, because I have heard about similar cases to this. If anyone has any information or experience with that I would be much obliged.
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>135254101
Meh, not really experienced with linking to other threads. Here is another attempt.

/k/thread/28319544
>>
>>135254101
Not anime/manga related.
>>>/wsr/
>>>/jp/
>>
Try /his/ OP, they'll probably know more and won't be cunts about it
>>
>>135254319
Okay! Thanks a bunch!
>>
>>135254140
>Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
>>
spoils of war anon
>>
Kek is that fucking blood on the flag?
>>
It says whitto piggu go homu or something like that. Can't read much.
>>
>>135254505
Pretty sure most of the bright stuff is just leaking dye, from how it ran it looks like it was folded when it happened. But yeah, it's perforated with bullet holes and there are bloodstains.
>>
>>135254101
I'm feeling generous. I'm not fluent or anything, but here's what I think:

>海軍航空技術廠
This refers to the Yokosuka Naval Air Technical Arsenal. It has a wikipedia page if you want more info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokosuka_Naval_Air_Technical_Arsenal

The next two lines are names.
First, 齋藤秀司. 齋藤 is the last name and 秀司 is the first name.
According to my names dictionary, the last name could be pronounced Kandou, Saitou, or Satoiu (all equally likely since there are no readings given). And the first name could be pronounced Shuuji, Hideshi, or Hideji.

The next name looks like it could be 齋藤喜司雄? But I could be wrong. If so, the last name is the same as before, but the first name is Kishio.

I think these are probably the names of brothers who served in the Yokosuka Arsenal.

Then again I'm just a weeb and not an expert, you probably want to just ask the embassy.
>>
>>135254676
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help!
>>
>>135254101
I think it says "The pleasure of being cummed inside"
>>
>>135254101
You would be better off on /jp/ as it is relevant to the board and a larger % of posters there are proficient in nihongo, /a/ is basically a step up from r/anime in terms of being casuals.
>>
>>135254813
Came here to post this, was not disappointed.
>>
>giving away grandpa's war trophies
Holy shit, what a little bitch you are.

The nips were sub-human in WW2. They'd launch suicide attacks, and shoot parachuting pilots to death. Captured soldiers had fun times ahead, often being used in vivisection experimentation. The general rule if you landed in Japan with no support was to unload your side-arm into as many gooks as possible, and save one bullet for yourself.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.