[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I finally caught up on Super and I don't see what the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So, I finally caught up on Super and I don't see what the big problem was. This mini arc was actually great development for Gohan.

I hope they do something with it in future arcs.
>>
>>135204242
Use the catalog
>>
>>135204448
Post in that thread where they are arguing about the goofyness of dragonball?

Nah.
>>
>>135204242
l-lewd
>>
>>135204242
poor gohan can't even go sopa sand without passing out. i liked this character development in that it really drove home that a saiyan has to keep training or you lose all your gains.
He really should have done a once a week workout to stay healthy
>>
>>135204242
>So, I finally caught up on Super and I don't see what the big problem was. This mini arc was actually great development for Gohan.
1) Because it takes everything Gohan already went through in the Buu Arc and makes him into a shinvling weakling in order to push on the idea of tension, and is inconsistant with his character AND how much power he already attained.

Previously in DBZ, Gohan studied instead of fighting, for almost the same amount of time, if not longer, and not only could he still go Super Saiyan 2, he was a match for Dabura, who was even being powered up by Babidi's curse. For fuck's sake, they targeted HIM for trying to revive Buu.
Not to mention, Gohan went around doing Saiyaman shit. He didn't completely shy away from fighting, or studying 100% of the fucking time. But in order to explain away making Gohan into the jobber squad, Gohan is forced into some weird rigid "reality" mode, where he has no time for anything else other than studying and work. The fucking Major of the World is a fucking dog, this is a cheap excuse.

Ultimately, because they can't have a character break up the Goku/Vegeta Best Buddies/Awesome Rivals Power Hour!! or have someone almost as strong as them make the threats under them completely invalidated, they make him into a jobber.

2) The "BUT THIS IS A NEW CHARACTER ARC FOR GOHAN!!" shit means that everyone either forgot or didn't watch the Buu Saga. He was training with the Z-Sword because he was upset with himself for having gotten so weak, and thus couldn't stop his family from dying.

We spend all this time trying to explain it away because otherwise we we'll have to admit that this is the same shit GT did to all of the other characters (except for Vegeta), but Super is better by default, because it's not GT.
>>
>>135206034
Gohan had picked up training before the tournament arc.

Right now Gohan legit has not been training for a few years. His body simply couldn't handle the power it draws out.

Also, notice how Krillin was saying Gohan wasn't wrong for being a pure family man, it's inner struggle he didn't have as a teenager where he could just drp everything and train with his yonger bother and gf. Gohan has responbiblities now, he didn't in the Buu saga.
>>
It's fairly obvious that Gohan's absence in the DBS tournament arc means he's going to show up later to replace someone and redeem his failure as a fighter. My guess is that he'll switch with Buu because Piccolo also needs to prove he can still match the Saiyans.
>>
>>135206034
Agree completely. Although I do like how this "may" potentially set up for more of Gohan's development, it still is inconsistent. Toei's writers really seem to be off here. It is 2015 and DBS is getting this kind of treatment? Come on. No other anime is this "all over the place" with animation, art, and storytelling.
The manga is far superior at this rate.
>>
>>135206275
>Gohan had picked up training before the tournament arc.
Enough off with this bullshit

He trained for with Goten FOR one!
Are we really trying to argue THAT was enough to keep him up with Dabura and helped dial back up that much strength? Even worse so, that was 7 fucking years after Cell, where this is hardly even 5 years.

Even if we go with the "oh no!, no training, means no super saiyan!" It's too bad that one of Gohan's first scenes after the time skip is him going Super Saiyan. So why is he hardly able to do it now, or hold on to his own goddamn ki? You know, Mr. Hidden Power/Potential himself? Was he going SSJ against bears in the woods during the time skip?

He had to get the disguise in the first place, because people might find out he's really the guy that killed Cell.

How many excuses are you Superfriends going to drag up for this shit? Jesus, even GT did better by this guy.
>>
>>135206883
>Are we really trying to argue THAT was enough to keep him up with Dabura and helped dial back up that much strength?

Realistically, I'd agree with you. But who knows how the fuck Saiyan genes work. Especially a Hybrid.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.