[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BLAME!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11
File: Blame_v05_c06_p180_181.jpg (222 KB, 1456x1088) Image search: [Google]
Blame_v05_c06_p180_181.jpg
222 KB, 1456x1088
>First to Logs, "The Net's Offspring" and "Memories of Earth" are the last 2 logs.

Is there any reason for Killy to travel with and protect a human without Net Terminal Genes?
Is there any reason for Silicon Life to abduct a human child without Net Terminal Genes?
When the child was killed he retrieved and delivered the corpse to his associate, why?
Was Killy unable to scan because of his head injury from the last, ending log?
>>
didnt the kid have net terminal genes but the cyborgs corrupted it to much?

They abduct kids to make cyborgs it seems.
>>
>>135181230
Cyborgs make their own babies in factories.
>>
>>135180166
That associate scanned the kid for his net genes. The silicons fucked up the kids' genes though.
>>
>>135180166
>Is there any reason for Killy to travel with and protect a human without Net Terminal Genes?
He's not an asshole, and having companions doesn't really bother him. If he found a lost kid, he'd probably try to help the kid find their way to their village, then ask about the Net Terminal genes. That being said, the child did have Net Terminal genes: "Killy, I think he was after my cell".

>Is there any reason for Silicon Life to abduct a human child without Net Terminal Genes?
Their ultimate goal is to maintain the chaos created by the Netsphere disaster. They worship the chaos, and believe it is necessary for their species to survive. If the disaster was resolved by someone with Netsphere access, they would no longer be tolerated or allowed to live in that world.

>When the child was killed he retrieved and delivered the corpse to his associate, why?
Kid *did* have Net Terminal genes.

>Was Killy unable to scan because of his head injury from the last, ending log?
Killy couldn't scan in general until he re-activated his cyborg functions from being shot by the Safeguards in volume 3.

>>135181230 is right.
They altered the genetic makeup of the child somehow, thereby rendering him useless even if he was alive.
>>
File: Blame_v06_c05_p141.jpg (140 KB, 700x1100) Image search: [Google]
Blame_v06_c05_p141.jpg
140 KB, 700x1100
>>135184936
>The silicons fucked up the kids' genes though.
If they did, why were they taking the body with them?
Why were there only small irregularities in two of his chromosomes?

Just a guess of mine, but I believe all regular humans have died off millions of years before BLAME.
>>
File: Blame_v10_c66_p203.jpg (120 KB, 728x1066) Image search: [Google]
Blame_v10_c66_p203.jpg
120 KB, 728x1066
>then ask about the Net Terminal genes
Why if he already has a subject? The logical thing to do would be take him "back" as soon as possible while attracting the less attention.
Keep in mind, 100 years is nothing in BLAME, time flies.
>Killy couldn't scan in general
This doesn't make sense because he was able to scan before and after the injury he either sustained from being shot at the end or during his fall in Log 3.
>useless
Why would they bother returning the corpse back if it was useless?
>>
>>135185664
We don't really know if the kid had the genes. Killy was still in his amnesia state, so he couldn't scan the tissue himself. I assume he was taking the kid to the rendezvous place so that the cyborg girl with the dog could confirm it.
>>
>>135185897
The regular humans were mutated by the silicon life virus unleashed in NOiSE into the proto silicon life or became the humans we have now and there is the fact that the safeguard was planning to kill anyone who didn't register to their Net Terminal project, Killy also didn't have all of his Safeguard abilities unlocked at the start of the manga, either by oversight from his creators or some accident he may have suffered in the millenia before
>>
>>135180166
Nihei said somewhere, that KIlly is more than 3k years old. His loss of memory and functionality is due to age.
>>
File: blame_front.jpg (329 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
blame_front.jpg
329 KB, 2048x1365
So, I've gotten the reprints off Amazon. The quality is really good.

If anyone considers getting it, I would say they are well worth the money.

A shame I don't know nipponeese well enough to understand it well enough, but some parts are manageable with the dictionary.
>>
File: death to nihei.png (2 MB, 2028x1446) Image search: [Google]
death to nihei.png
2 MB, 2028x1446
>>135186342
Fair, but the child seemed to know that he had it. There wouldn't be any logical reason for him to affirm it, nor any reason for a village to let a random stranger take a child away with him, unless there was a legitimate possibility/some form of evidence.

>>135185897
There's a million different Safeguard factions throughout the megastructures, not all of them necessarily have the same purposes and intents with humans. They could easily have just been taking the body to throw into a bin to have his matter re-purposed.

The chick was just repeating what was coming up on the scanner, much like a majority of things in Blame!, we don't know.

All regular humans have not died whether or not you have a theory regarding how/why, as Seu is alive. That being said, all the pockets of people that are found hiding in places where the Safeguards can't find them are descendants of regular humans. If you meant that humans have evolved in some way or something since the disaster that's fair enough; we saw that with the tribal people, but there certainly *appears* to be a lot of ordinary humans who have survived like rats. Additionally, they wouldn't be vulnerable to the plague if they weren't regular humans. Killy, the Silicons, etc are all completely immune to it because of their cybernetic components.

>>135186182
>Why if he already has a subject?
I meant if he just stumbled on a random kid who asked for help. Killy doesn't really have anything better to do.

>This doesn't make sense because he was able to scan before and after the injury he either sustained from being shot at the end or during his fall in Log 3.
When? I don't recall.

>Why would they bother returning the corpse back if it was useless?
See above: we don't know. Nihei recently told us a good deal of the early stuff was him making up mysteries.

>>135186381
True. In the artbook.

>>135186566
Say that again to anyone anywhere ever, and I will pull off your limbs like they were fucking twigs.
>>
File: spread middle line error.png (3 MB, 2272x1600) Image search: [Google]
spread middle line error.png
3 MB, 2272x1600
>>135187269
>>135186566
>>
File: blame_v10_153.jpg (239 KB, 1000x1443) Image search: [Google]
blame_v10_153.jpg
239 KB, 1000x1443
>>135187421
>>
>>135187486
>>
>>135187548
I'll scan these pages later so I can finally stop posting my crappy phone pics.
>>
>>135187269
>>135186182
Ohh, you said Log 3. My bad, thought you said Volume 3. That makes me even more confused as to what you're referring.
>>
File: BlameV1_page006.jpg (115 KB, 599x1056) Image search: [Google]
BlameV1_page006.jpg
115 KB, 599x1056
>Fair, but the child seemed to know that he had it.
The child had the NTG for sure, Killys associate said only two chromosomes weren't perfect, and her taking the body back and reporting to her boss proves the chromosomes containing the Net Terminal Genes were not damaged or irregular.
>>135187269
>body to throw into a bin to have his matter re-purposed
Why would you need to check up with your boss and report that you acquired "it" just to bin or recycle a corpse?
>Seu is alive.
He's alive only because he's being rebuilt over and over again.
Also I doubt his living form is unenhanced due to his power and durability.
>If you meant that humans have evolved
The City spread all across the solar system, there's no way humans remained the same for so long, especially living in such a different habitat.
All the humans Killy ever encountered were mutations regardless if they carried NTG.
>Killy doesn't really have anything better to do.
Except looking for NTG carriers.
>When? I don't recall.
The safeguard says something like "You've regained your ability" indicating he was able to scan before the "Awakening" log.
I mean, he definitely was able to scan since his purpose was to look for NTG lol.
>>135187822
>That makes me even more confused as to what you're referring.
I am saying, he lost his ability to scan at either the end of the manga when he was shot or when he fell from somewhere and injured his head before Log 3 happens, remember he was found unconscious?
>>
Is BioMega related to the BLAME-NOiSE world?
>>
Architectural Digest Magazine is better than piece of shit book. Thank god it flopped the first time it was published.
>>
File: Misty Smile.png (272 KB, 408x469) Image search: [Google]
Misty Smile.png
272 KB, 408x469
>>135189447
>i'm too stupid to appreciate and get it so it's shit
Okay.
>>
Is this axiom verge?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.