[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 322.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
322.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>135179964
The first few arcs which I think end at ep 13 are alright but around episodes 30-39 the cast from the prequel starts getting more focus and the main character of this one (Shinn) starts to get the backseat to Kira leading to him not getting development. no one gets any to be honest outside of meer and athrun but even athrun's gets thrown away in the second half.
The show was also plagued with behind the scenes drama due to the director making his wife the writer (she was a real bitch to the crew and caused a VA to cry and never want to voice that character again) and using some of the funding to go on vacations.
I mean it's not completely unwatchable and the first 13 eps are a good set up for the Stargazer OVA's which are amazing and almost make you forgive them for this trainwreck of a series
>>
It's a 12 episode series spread out, and by spread out I don't mean slow paced and with some useless filler arcs, I mean with 90% of every action scene being stock footage, multiple recap episodes, including 3 in a row in the middle, and characters having a flashback every 5 minutes. The plots fairly stupid, but not overly so for a mecha, the characters and reasonably interesting at the start but don't really have any meaningful development, so it would have been a solid entry in tier mediocre if didn't make you see the same scenes over and over and over and over again.
>>
Gundam is fucking trash
>>
It's just boring but /m/ obsesses over it because its a shit board with nothing to talk about
>>
>>135181370
I think /m/ secretly loves SEED sometimes
>>
SEED was fine, though not particularly good

Destiny was not acceptable
>>
>>135179964
best gundam
masterpiece
>>
>>135181318
which one?
>>
>>135181941
The entire franchise is straight garbabge
>>
>>135182048
no it isnt
>>
>>135179964
Can't get any worse than G-Reco
>>
>>135182194
It was shit but both 00 and Destiny manage to be worse than G-Reco.
>>
>>135182357
eh,I'll give you destiny, but 00's second half is a cut higher than reco and I'd definitely say the 1st season was, however I'd say if they had gone with G-Reko's Concept version it would've been way better
>>
Will anything ever come close to Wing's homolust?
>>
Destiny wasn't that bad.
>>
>>135182634
the first episodes of IBO and the 2nd ending of 00
>>
>>135179964
That bad?
Well, I've seen worse shows.

But for a mainline Gundam series, it's a fucking sham, and even if the subpar plot wasn't there, the fact that the animation is terrible despite all that budget is a fucking mystery.
The last episodes were cobbled together because they didn't have any fucking money left to animate. They had to create a special edition of the last episode later, because it DIDN'T HAVE AN ENDING.

The only good thing that I can think of that came out of this was that two voice actors I like got married.
>>
>>135182194
>>135182533
Here's your reply
>>
Better than IBO.
>>
File: 115.jpg (250 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
115.jpg
250 KB, 1440x810
Yes, it's so bad that casuals won't touch a good mecha show because they share the same character designer

That is SEED Destiny's blessing. Protection from casual scum
>>
>>135182634

IBO will take the crown eventually.
>>
>>135182048
That's not true.
>>
>>135183493
It at least did one thing good,can't wait till tomorrow.
>>
>>135183751
The only thing good about Gumdam is the robot fightan. Everything else is stupid
>>
>>135183362
The animation wasn't just terrible it was almost completely recycled from previous serie
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.