[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5 Centimeters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
So.. i just watched this and what i learned from it? If you leave a Girl that maybe loves you will leave you for another Guy if you go away
>>
Please stop raping the English language, thanks.
>>
>>135178197
Chances are it will happen even if you don't leave, so yeah-
>>
File: 1433520008970.jpg (62 KB, 292x302) Image search: [Google]
1433520008970.jpg
62 KB, 292x302
My reaction to the Ending
>>
>>135178197
>If you leave a Girl that maybe loves you will leave you for another Guy if you go away

my fucking eyes
>>
>>135178197
>If you leave a Girl that maybe loves you will leave you for another Guy if you go away
That's what usually happens, yes.
>>
Saddest part was the one with the girl who never had a chance in the first place. I teared up when she was walking behind him and started to cry.
>>
>>135178569
I bet he lives now like a Hikki and is loving now 2D Girls only
>>
>>135178197
I know I would leave you
>>
>>135178702
Its fine
>>
>>135178593
>>135178593
Didn't he find happiness in the manga adaptation? Whatever, this was such a pointless movie/story. What's the conflict here?
>I loved someone
>Lemme try to do that whole long distance thing before skype existed
>eh never mind I'm bored already
>okay time to find someone else
>okay I found someone pretty easily
>credits roll

who cares?
It's like if you start a movie about a guy trying to become a doctor and then halfway through he's like "eh this is pretty hard... I think I'll become a painter" and then he becomes a moderately successful painter and is moderately happy.

It's not even a "story" in the traditional sense of the word.
>>
>>135178859
the last part of the movie was like "WTF! WAS THAT ALL?"
>>
>>135178197
It's not like you'll be putting that lesson to good use anyway
>>
>>135178859
The theme of the film is "distance"
in the first part, physical space separated them.
then, in the second part, the new girl couldn't get "close" to the boy because he was already in love with someone else.
in the third part, both of them hadn't seen each other in so long that they were "distant" from each other, even if they were in the same town

or something like that
If you wanna learn more about it, there's an interview with the creator here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtWGIRoH10
>>
>>135178859
This. The movie end up as a waste of time.
>>
>>135179158
whoop, i meant speed, sorry
>>
>>135179158
The creator could have just written that paragraph you did and it would've saved me hours.
>>
>>135178197
Are you the guy that said you were going to watch this on the sticky?

Anyway, you have terrible English skills and the you need to understand this story is all about suffering.
>>
File: forcedrama.jpg (287 KB, 1831x458) Image search: [Google]
forcedrama.jpg
287 KB, 1831x458
>>
>>135179424
You need to add Hanayamata to this.
>>
>>135179216
>I need the meaning of all works to be spoonfeed to me
>>
Was the Variety Magazine serious with Makoto Shinkai = the next Miyazaki?
>>
>>135179621
They make completely different types of movies. It's like saying Girls und Panzer is the new Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>135179517
>I'm deep, tell me I'm deep, someone tell me I'm deep, the guy working at newbury comics said I have good taste in band t-shirts.
>>
>>135179424
What's the difference between drama and forced drama? A definition without using the word "forced" would suffice please.
>>
>>135179720
How the fuck is 5cm/s deep in any way? It isn't fucking Lain, its themes are pretty clear and well told.
>>
i liked it
>>
>>135178197
just watched this yesterday.

The movie was beautiful and technically outstanding but the plot was meh and the characters forgettable, heck I didn't even remember their names an hour after watching it.

Just another above average movie overhyped by /a/.
>>
>>135179817
it's not. I'm saying you think you're deep for liking a movie that takes 2 hours to say 3 sentences.
>>
>>135179736
To me, the most common case of forced drama is characters overreacting (Like bawling their eyes out) to simple situations that could be easily avoided by either solving a minor misunderstanding, or simply talking to each other.
Sometimes they also happen when a character dies for absolutely no reason other than trying to make the viewer sad. (Black Bullet is a big example of this)
I don't really think 5cm/s is forced drama.

>>135179903
It only takes one hour, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>135179861
Is there any good Movie from Makoto Shinkai?
>>
I want to love 5cm Per Second but I fucking hate the message behind it. It's the classic japanese wageslave mentality: Give up on your dreams.
>>
>>135180013
And dont take a Train in Japan when its snowing.
>>
File: Keit-Ai KITAAA.jpg (510 KB, 1500x2202) Image search: [Google]
Keit-Ai KITAAA.jpg
510 KB, 1500x2202
Keit-Ai the Movie soon.
>>
>>135180210
The Art is looking good but im not sure about the Story
>>
>>135179736
Forced drama is when something happens for the sole purpose of creating drama. It's like a character that only exists as a plot point, it's terribly written.
>>
>>135180439
Clannad: After Stroy is a good example for it because the MC was too lazy to catch all the light orbs and this created the drama
>>
>>135178197
So what does the name mean?

Because I have to admit that the first thing that came to my mind was sex. If I thrust once every second, that's....5 centimetres...per second.
>>
>>135179424
Anohana doesn't really fit with the others, since it was just one bad thing that was clear from the first episode. Oregairu is forced drama since there is actually no drama but they force it as such. The rest are just bad things happening after bad things.
>>
>>135179736
It's forced, like your post.
>>
File: 1376654202252.png (338 KB, 672x720) Image search: [Google]
1376654202252.png
338 KB, 672x720
>>135180210
Take my money, Keit-Ai.
>>
>>135180210
It's at this point that I realized that Makoto Shinkai is a one-trick pony.
>>
>>135182246
But maybe this Movie will be good
>>
>>135180425
Don't worry they'll find a way.
>>
>>135178197
>title is not 2 inches per second
>>
>>135180210
Hopefully, when the movie is released, the meme will end.
>>
>>135178197
not sure why this beautiful movie gets so much hate here.
>>
>>135179621
>Expecting Variety to know shit about anime

Shinkai can't even surpass Yonebayashi, nevermind Miyazaki. All he has are his pretty CG backgrounds.
>>
>>135184477
I dont like romance, so this movie just annoyed me with its pretentious bullcrap, I did like its counter part "Garden of words" .
>>
>>135179158
More than that, it's a theme that started in previous works and culminated here, so it's a result of how his work progressed. In Hoshi no Koe the distance is light years. In Beyound the Clouds it's a country separated. Here distance seem trivial, but the real distance here is in level of connection you are ready to undertake. So there is really no need to actually have a setting with real distance like Hoshi no Koe, the conclusion Shinkai arrived at after 2 previous movies. Calling someone is hard, because it's pretty personal to hear their voice and that will just remind you that you can't see each other. Even writing letters is hard. On the contrary you can write and write and never be really close. Because when you're not close it can't really hurt you. The real distance is fear of hurting yourself which goes all the way to NGE. Not only from your feeling, but also from other. If you give up on your life plans to be with someone, people WILL judge you. Peer pressure and even just internal pressure from the idea that chasing after someone is stupid. Love seems like something sacred for a lonely person, but it can actually be not as strong as trivial life problems. This is a sad fucking movie. But I love (what a word) it. The scene with train is one of the most iconic anime scenes for me. Well, I guess it may be hard to relate to the characters, since they essentially failed at happiness due to their laziness.

Kind of incoherent, but I just rewatched it. Sorry.
>>
>>135179424
I really liked of these.
>>
>>135180210
Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.