[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't their a whole lot of reviews about the technical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1448413881967.jpg (330 KB, 1097x760) Image search: [Google]
1448413881967.jpg
330 KB, 1097x760
Why aren't their a whole lot of reviews about the technical side of an anime?
>>
>>135170826
Because anime "fans" know fuckall about animation. Most don't even know the difference between animation and choreography.
>>
Because nobody knows what the fuck they are talking about.
Gaiking is great, btw. Started watching it recently.
>>
>>135170826
Because nowadays every other bloke proclaims to be a "sakuga fan" yet knows nothing about animation. And people who actually know something are either lazy ass fucks or retarded imbeciles like kVin who discretites himself for writing for ANN - the most ass-retarded "anime news" web.
>>
>>135171956
What's this Sakuga shit I suddenly started hearing about when OPM came out.
Well actually it was during KLK but nowhere near as much as now
>>
>>135172087
Sakuga is just another word for animation,

There are threads dedicated to sakuga every once in a while, you're either a newfag or didn't notice and/or care them. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the it's latter.

The word have come up a lot in OPM threads due to it being a visual spectacle and having a lot of talented animators on board.

>>135171956
>Caring about the western sakuga "fandom" outside 4chan

Why would you even do that man? Do you actually like twitter drama? Just let dumb people be dumb and ignore them.
>>
>>135170826
I dont waste my talent and creative vision trying to lay pearls before swine.
>>
>>135170826
Because learning about animators or directors and writers goes beyond "just watching the episode" and not a lot of people want to bother with that. This isn't even limited to anime reviews.
>>
>be a fan of a thing
>see an untapped market within the thing's fanbase
>first thought is ask why nobody else has done it, rather than just doing it yourself
Anon you could BE the technical reviewer
>>
>>135170826
Because most people don't care how anime is made. They just want to watch it.
>>
>>135170826
Because the majority of anime fans are in it for the escapism and not for the art form.
>>
>>135170826
-Language barrier
-There in books
-sakuga community on twitter

why what do you wanna learn?
>>
>>135173994
Jesus christ, a productive reply on /a/. It's a holiday miracle.
>>
>>135170826
Because in order to give an informed opinion about the technical side, you'd actually need an understanding of the technical side substantial enough to lend legitimacy to your criticism. At that point, why are you throwing your expertise into the vacuous abyss of social media and its schizophrenic interests and not making money off of it?

Also, most laymen can tell when something looks bad or when something looks good, and few care enough to know why. There's not enough interest in technical analysis to be worth any attentionwhore's time, and the amount of understanding and knowledge needed to offer criticism that wouldn't leave the average weeb saying "well even I knew that!" is discouraging for anybody who's doing it for attention or narcissistic intellectual wank instead of a legitimate passion for the medium and its art (read: every reviewer and aspiring critic out there).

There's actually a couple people who put on the hat labelled "pretense of a technical animation critic," but their actual expertise is always lacking and their 'critique' ends up more as a pseudo-intellectual blog, professing from atop their soapbox about how every other anime fan is less refined than they are and <insert well known animator that they follow on twitter here> is a master who elegantly shapes the medium with their contribution to naruto fight scenes and everyone else that isn't part of their immediate social network is a shit that's destroying the industry. In other words, it's just wank -like every other kind of critic out there.
>>
Because literally nobody cares.
And the ones that actually care does not need reviews because they can learn for themselves I guess.
>>
The lack of dedicated or taken-seriously anime critics is a great thing imo. With no established canon people are less afraid to hold on to personal taste. Plus less jacking off over reviews, that kinda thing killed /mu/ and /v/ and the like.
>>
>>135174788
That goes for the majority of fans of anything though.
>>
>>135171956
>who discretites himself .

The fuck word were you trying to spell here?
>>
>>135177581
"discredits"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.