[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Watching a prequel after the main season Why would people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
> Watching a prequel after the main season
Why would people be so faggot? How can people enjoy a prequel when they already know who dies and how the story ends? It's called PREQUEL for a reason.
>>
Didn't you learn anything from the show?
If not, you don't have the right to claim a hero of justice
>>
File: 1449308860959.png (125 KB, 791x446) Image search: [Google]
1449308860959.png
125 KB, 791x446
Its not the end but the journey
faggot
>>
>>135159400
>How can people enjoy a prequel when they already know who dies and how the story ends?
Because that's not solely where the enjoyment comes from. Endings and twists aren't as paramount as people make them out to be.
>>
Zero was written under the assumption that you've experienced FSN. I mean it was written after it.

Within the opening scene of Zero, you found out multiple spoilers that are explained until you've read hundreds of thousands of words of FSN.
>>
>>135159622
>Zero was written under the assumption that you've experienced FSN. I mean it was written after it.
The anime isn't though. While the UBW anime was written with the assumption you watched Zero.

If you are actually going to play the VN and read the LN, order should be VN > LN. But if you're only interested in animu, watch Zero and then UBW.
>>
>>135159704
I'm gonna be serious here. If you're gonna go anime only, you should watch the DEEN series first.

It's a completely passable telling of the original route, and frankly, the reason why they went with UBW in the first place is because that already exists.

Release order is probably your best bet. FSN 06 -> Zero -> UBW.
>>
>>135159767
Ignoring the UBW movie though. That doesn't count.
>>
File: 1446663650686 (1).png (86 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1446663650686 (1).png
86 KB, 680x510
>>135159767

>Fate 06
>Completely passable
>>
>>135160175
There would hardly be a western fandom without it.

I mean seriously, for what it is, it's okay. Animation definitely isn't high budget, but I've seen worse.
>>
>>135160239

It may have gotten more people to read the source material, but its execution is... bad.

It tried to do too much.
>>
>>135159400
I know this is bait but you do realize that prequels always come out after the original series does right? Hence the bloody term prequel, they are always meant to be watched/read after gaining in understanding of the original work. If it was meant to be viewed first then it wouldn't be called a fucking prequel in the first place.

That said, because of the inherent spoiling relationship between prequel and the core series, there isn't any reason for you not to watch them in any order you pick. Either way you'll have to much information about the plot, or too much ignorance of it. It can't be helped so quit bitching about it.
>>
>>135160391
Its weaker points were definitely the non Fate related stuff. The Caster arc got really weird and kind of nonsensical, but the core story is told. Is it a replacement for the VN? No, but it's still like, a 6/10 anime regardless in my book. I was satisfied enough after watching it.

Unlike the UBW movie, which left me outright bitter. Not just cause it was a cash grab adaptation, but because for a good few years I thought its existence meant the chance of an expanded adaptation of the route pretty much nil.
>>
>>135159400
Honestly watching Fate/Zero before anything Fate will ruin the othe shows for you most likely. Fate/Zero is just far superior to rest of the Fate series
>>
>>135160633
Nah.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.