[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you like Dennō Coil?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 512x288
Did you like Dennō Coil?
>>
>>135159300
I do, one of my most favorites.
Most of /a/ doesn't give a shit about it though. When someone post about DC, it doesn't generate much discussion. Which is a shame, really.
>>
I dropped it on the 1st episode senpai.
>>
yes
raita made some good doujins of it
>>
I found the show extremely boring.

A couple episodes (e.g. the dinosaur one) stood out, but I felt that the episodic format diluted the actual story. Really should've been 13 episodes instead.
>>
Yes, but it's been 8 years. Viral brontosaurus best episode.
Should probably try rewatching it someday
>>
Dropped it after ~10 episodes, I just had enough of the annoying characters.
>>
It's ok.
I think I enjoyed the episodes about illegals like nessy and the fish more than the whole stealing souls plot.
>>
>>135159324
>>135159327

For me was difficult to understand it at points, and that bored me at times, but the last 7 episodes really changed my mind about DN. Great anime, no doubts!

So give it a chance!
>>
>>135159371

I think it they didn't develop the illegal things right...
>>
>>135159362
>>135159357
>>135159371

I loved that episode too
>>
I thought it had some really cool ideas, but it felt disjointed and sloppy in places.

The first half was largely worldbuilding and episodic, and while they did set up foreshadowing for the more serious plot in the second half, it didn't have enough time to flesh everything out.

One example would be the whole Yasako bullying situation. Isako points it out early on, and it does seem to strike a vein, but then it's never mentioned again until the last episodes, when it's just used as a throwaway plot device to make Yasako remember the intersection with 4 manholes.
>>
The stand alone episodes were some of the best in anime, but the conclusion was too serious and dragged out for me to care.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>135159559
>>135159539

You are right
>>
The thing that always kept me slogging through, even when it felt boring, was the animation.
>>
Interesting concept, execution was lacking in places. Mostly echoing others complaints about pacing and plot but overall, it was an enjoyable watch.
>>
Yes. Need to rewatch it.
>>
>>135159631
Oh absolutely.

I'm not sure that I ever felt completely bored with the show, but I agree that the gorgeous animation was a huge strength overall.

I think my favorite episode has to be the 3-way war between Isako, Fumie, and the Hacker Club, just because it's almost entirely action, so the animation is on full display upfront.
>>
The character designs are also really distinct which I consider a rare achievement to do that and not look derpy. It's easy to recognize what show they're from. They don't look like white people either. Every single character has dark hair, brown eyes, and glasses.
>>
>>135159870
No other show could have given us this.
>>
>>135159870
>Japanese looking Japanese

They took a risk with this.
>>
>>135159300
Yes
Top tier, award winning, intricate 24 chapters commercial
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.