[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys ever had thoughts about making your own manga?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
File: 16361yw.gif (832 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
16361yw.gif
832 KB, 500x281
Have you guys ever had thoughts about making your own manga? If so how do you disencourage yourselves from making a mistake you might regret?
>>
I can't draw.
>>
I haven't drawn anything in 8 years, unless you count mspaint edits.
>>
File: q014.jpg (88 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
q014.jpg
88 KB, 600x849
>>135155545
Neither can One.
>>
>>135155495
>disencourage yourselves
By actually having a real job, that I will never mention again on here.
>>
Nah I draw character from time to time (well too) but it takes me too long plus making your own creative, distinct art style is a pain. Mangaka have it rough, plus Im not a fucking weeb
>>
>>135155545
>>135155601
I'm not talking about art, I feel confident in my skills but what I don't feel confident is I how it would be received, I'm not a slant eyed person so there goes my first few chances, I just don't feel confident in how it would be received to the people.
>>
>>135155702
I had this idea for 3 years, I don't want to make it true but it keeps hunting me, I even gave up on anime and manga for a while just to try to forget this idea but it made me want to make it more, so I came to /a/ cause I know you guys are good at disencouraging from following their dreams, except mine isn't a dream, it's a mistake I don't want to make.
>>
>>135155715
Kill yourself, that way you don't have to worry about making any more mistakes.
>>
>>135155715
Do it, but don`t show to anyone. That simple.
>>
Used to have a manga column in my highschool's paper, mainly me and another guy. It's pretty demanding having to come up with new material and draw it out and what not using paper/pencil/software. That's negotiable if you're set on it. What eventually made it fall apart were disagreements regarding plot line, material, and funding. Was fun nonetheless.
>>
>>135155495
I have one I've been working on for a while, but I don't really feel like uploading it anywhere. It's really just a hobby of mine to draw and attatch stories to stuff.
I have thought about putting it up on one of those independent mangaka/comic artist sites before.
>>
File: drawfag.jpg (55 KB, 500x620) Image search: [Google]
drawfag.jpg
55 KB, 500x620
I took this fine young lady's advice.
>>
>>135155495
I have, I actually have 5-6 stories I'm slowly building on with varying degrees of how much I've worked on them, and I'd like to be able to put out something out next year (though I guess it would count more as /co/ than anime/manga due to Engrish).

Have confidence in whatever you do but always consider feedback given to you to reflect on what could be improved or scrapped.

There's also building that thick skin to just trudge along with whatever you put out, just enough to tolerate shitposting but without going overboard to the point of not listening to possible constructive criticism.

Beyond that, just keep at it really.
>>
>>135155495
Run 5 simulations.
>>
I can't write for shit and I can't stand drawing something over and over again.
>>
>>135155666
Must be tough be Satan senpai
>>
>>135156992
I'll give a quick summary of the plot, it's a wrestling manga
>the story is of a boy that is half White half japanese, after he graduates high school his mom tells him the truth about his real father being a legendary Japanese wrestler that still going, his father is also a huge xenophobe and hates the boy for being half, so in order for the boy to talk to his father he has to learn wrestling and challenge his father do they can see eachother as equals.
On his journey he meets many wrestlers with different skills like Lucha, submission, technical and Hardcore, makes friends with them, harem happens and blah blah shitty sports manga tropes.
>>
>>135155495
I have several, but my attempts at practicing re shit.

I'm going to try again on Christmas, and see how that goes.
>>
File: wasn't ready for this.png (61 KB, 197x237) Image search: [Google]
wasn't ready for this.png
61 KB, 197x237
>>135155495
I saw what happens if you go through with it.
>>
>Making your own manga
Don't worry, post it here and everyone will call it a comic and tell you to fuck back off to >>>/co/ because you weren't born Japanese.
>>
>>135157266
Share some of your artwork senpai
>>
File: 20151221_215139-1.jpg (3 MB, 1779x2811) Image search: [Google]
20151221_215139-1.jpg
3 MB, 1779x2811
>>135157695
I only have a shitty template that I drew while I was bored watching while Storage Wars.
>>
File: 02_0.20.21.jpg (179 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
02_0.20.21.jpg
179 KB, 1280x720
>>135155495
>you will never be a japanese mangaka
>you will never have cute assistants
>you will never live by a chaotic schedule on less than 7 hours of sleep per week
>>
>>135157765
Draw almost everyday for 3 years, write stories, maybe by then I wouldn't want to put a shotty in your mouth.

Also >>>/co/
>>
>>135156483
Okay Nadeko.
>>
File: latest.jpg (281 KB, 715x1970) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
281 KB, 715x1970
Because im white
If i draw anything that resembles manga, it would never have a cult following outside of deviant art
Face it.
the manga anime market is locked down to japanese
>>
>>135155495
>how do you disencourage yourselves from making a mistake you might regret?

my lack of motivation does it for me
>>
File: 1449608206656.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1449608206656.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>135157912
>>
>>135155641
No pro's going to recreate my chicken scratches though.
>>
File: really_wow_thats_great.png (37 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
really_wow_thats_great.png
37 KB, 250x230
>>135155495

I used to make my own comics as a kid. I was so autistic about it that I would even draw in class when I was supposed to be doing work. I even tried writing my own stories at one point. However, my old man wanted me to play football instead (which I went fucking nowhere with) so I eventually just stopped.

Since then I've lived a life full of dumb mistakes and regret, along with not knowing what I really wanted to do. Go for it. What's the worst that can happen besides massive debt, poverty, and/or death?
>>
>>135155495
is this Fates any good? I see it posted everywhere but never looked into it

that one blond girl is called sabre right? what series should I start and progress with>?
>>
File: saber_.jpg (277 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
saber_.jpg
277 KB, 566x800
>>135160292

Fate/Zero followed by Unlimited Blade Works. Anything other than that is optional. Some faggot will try to tell you to pick up the VN though.
>>
>>135160392
>anything other than that is optional

are there a lot of spinoffs or non-canon things? Is this one of those series that branches off into a whole bunch of different shit?
>>
>>135160392
whats wrong with the VN?
>>
File: Rin_Saber.jpg (60 KB, 674x607) Image search: [Google]
Rin_Saber.jpg
60 KB, 674x607
>>135160411

Yes. Yes.
>>
>>135160477
oh man. How many, exactly, spin offs are there?

This sounds like a bigger can of worms since I did evangelion
>>
got an amazing plot inside my head too
Maybe I should just write a best seller instead
>>
>>135160392
>Watching the prequel first
>>
>>135160469

Nothing is wrong with the VN. It's just not anime or manga. Also, Type-Moon has one of the most autistic fanbases on /a/, followed closely by Raildex and Nanoha.
>>
>>135160526
Is type moon that one where the guy goes "you're correct but you're not right!" or "You're not living your lives correctly!"?
>>
>>135155715
Then do what I do. Just upload it to Pixiv or similar sites. Course, it is a lot easier if your story is based on an existing universe/ I.P.

Original story and all that, I think there is/was a site for people to share their creations. Maybe try that?

That way, you don't have to care about how it's received. Just upload away.
>>
>>135160503
>can of worms

Heh. That's funny because Sakura.
>>
>>135156703
Same here, I draw and write a bit in my spare time as a hobby, I don't really see it as a waste of time since I find it fun.
To be honest I did plan on uploading it somewhere at first but the story has gotten a bit out of hand because I've reworked it so many times and mashed it up with different ideas.
>>
>>135160292
>>135160392
Carnival Phantasm is fun once you're familiar with the characters.

And Kara no Kyoukai isn't Fates, but it's still Nasuverse, and it's good.
>>
>>135157937
Only if your idea of "manga inspired" stretches to those assy How To Draw books. The bulk of American media is inspired by Japanese cartooning. If you have your own voice it'll be fine.

In regards to the topic. Failure what? Define it. In reality failure is a part of life. You learn by fixing mistakes.
>>
How the fuck is this /a/ related?

This belongs on /co/ or possibly one of the drawing boards.
>>
related: https://medibang.com/jumpplus/
in the Entry format it says "Under 50 pages in length", I don't know but I got the feeling that it should have said up to 50 pages. A max of 49 sounds a bit weird.
This seems pretty cool since there aren't any restrictions as to what the story can be about.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.