[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else reading this? It's better than Soul Eater so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: 16_17.jpg (393 KB, 1271x843) Image search: [Google]
16_17.jpg
393 KB, 1271x843
Anyone else reading this? It's better than Soul Eater so far, since it looks like the world is better thought out and more thorough, but Ohkubo still has the same problem with a shallow/uninteresting antagonist.

I also think the story should have started before he joined his squad so we could have more time to take in the characters and their relationships. And the the part with his mother should have been saved for the second chapter.
>>
>>135154526
the character designs look so stock it's putting me to sleep
>>
>>135154583
That too. Ohkubo's art is pleasant and easy to look at, but none of the characters stand out. In fact the girl on the right looks exactly like a character introduced a few chapters ago; I thought it was the same person. (They have similar names though, probably sisters.)
>>
I get the feeling he's just making shit up as he goes along.

I can't understand anyone's character. It doesn't fit the weekly format.
>>
>>135155072
> I get the feeling he's just making shit up as he goes along.
Not as badly as SE at least, not that that's an accomplishment
>>
I do enjoy Fire Brigade of Feet.
>>
What is this manga?
>>
>>135155576
Fire Brigade of Flames
>>
What is with the pacing of this series. It's like he's on the verge of cancellation and is trying to get every idea out as fast as possible.
>>
>better than soul eater

I'm skeptical
>>
The pacing is weird. He's trying to get a story out quick but also try to build a world at the same time. It's weird.

The character art reminds a lot of Soul Eater to the point that I think of Soul Eater characters when I see some of these ones. It is kinda jarring.

I would probably give it another 20 chapters or so before giving quitting just because it's because it's good enough to read, but boring enough that it feels like it seems like Soul Eater rip-off.
>>
I honestly enjoy this series. It's one were it's not too complex to the point were I have to go back and reread the chapter two or three times to really get the full effect of it. But then at the same time it's not on a BC, toriko or FT level were I just rush thru it to get the gest of it.
>>
>>135154699
>I thought it was the same person.
I am glad I wasn't the only one, I was puzzled to why she was presented as a rookie when they had just shown her beating the crap out of the rookies until I realized they weren't the same person.
>>
I enjoy how the Mc isn't a total beta thanks to that awkward tic he has.
>>
>>135154526
>Anyone else reading this?
Why do people keep asking this? /a/ reads everything, even what seems to be the most obscure title.

Another manga from Atsushi? You fucking bet someone else is reading it.
>>
>>135154526
I'm enjoying the series so far, the artwork is quite lovely to look at, it feels clean for a weekly manga, story is good, the pacing is the main issue with me.
>>
>>135154699
>In fact the girl on the right looks exactly like a character introduced a few chapters ago
she was introduces before sexual toy fire cat
>>
>>135156108
is more solid than what SE was at the start tho
>>
I read the first few chapters and lost interest. The premise seems like a lot of fun and I do want to learn more about the setting but I just don't think it's a very good read. Besides the strong worldbuilding it suffers from various flaws. To name a few:

The pacing is all over the place, the antagonists have just sort of been thrown at the reader without much build up, the character designs are boring, attempts at characterization have been pretty sparse, and I don't really have a good feel for any of the cast outside of the very broad shounen battle manga archetypes they fall under.

I'll probably try it again once it's got a few dozen chapters under its belt but I'm not holding my breath on it suddenly turning good.
>>
I love Mister Walking PTSD.
>>
>>135154583
>>135154699
the character designs look great, fuck off
>>
>>135161022
when does soul eater get good? i only ever went one volume in on it before i didnt care
>>
>>135165592
never
>>
>>135165592
Soul eater never gets good, it's a "STYLE" manga you read it because of the style and art, nothing more.
>>
>>135166545
So, I'm not the only one who thinks SE had good imagery and little more.
>>
File: 06.png (320 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
06.png
320 KB, 900x1300
>>135154526
> Pure and white
>>
>>135156254
>>135157113
If you want read few magazine worth of series on a weekly basis over decades this things actually pros.
>>
File: hibana.png (211 KB, 904x1300) Image search: [Google]
hibana.png
211 KB, 904x1300
High-quality semen demon.
>>
File: 3232151.png (380 KB, 902x1300) Image search: [Google]
3232151.png
380 KB, 902x1300
>>135167892
I enjoy her rape vision
>>
File: angels three.png (282 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
angels three.png
282 KB, 900x1300
Fanservice is nice.
>>
File: 11.png (299 KB, 900x1300) Image search: [Google]
11.png
299 KB, 900x1300
Doujins when?
>>
>>135166868
>dat foreshadowing
>>
>>135154526
>better than Soul Eater
Except no.

It's okay so far but I'm getting the hunch that he just doesn't know how to write weekly manga and wishing this was monthly instead.
>>
>>135168495
>he

Wew
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.