[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homosexual protagonists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1450826047770.jpg (735 KB, 786x800) Image search: [Google]
1450826047770.jpg
735 KB, 786x800
What the fuck is up with this new trend?

Ten years ago, guys were clueless, but still heterosexual, and would at least be pursuing a girl or two.

From what I've seen lately, namely shomin sample and haiyore! among others, there's a growing trend of protags simply and repeatedly brushing off female advances.

There is a beautiful woman who wants to suck your dick inside out, stop stabbing her with a fork.

A modern day princess who might be the most beautiful thing on the planet wants to marry you and then suck your dick inside out, stop fighting it.

Has herbivore culture gotten so bad that it's in vogue to reject even the perfect ideal of a woman? Even the escapist fantasy woman is no longer worth your time?
>>
Probably.
>>
Holy shit my keyboard is so much smoother to type on after I cleaned it. Anyway, those titles you mentioned are harem shows. There is much less room for drama in a relationship with committment than in one where there isn't. That's the main reason they are a common formula in light novels and manga. The elevens like these shows when they're adapted so they are they are getting milked for all they're worth.
>>
>>135149691
harem protagonists are not real people
>>
It's just like you said. It's a trend. Watch it go away and watch /pol/ go on suicide watch
>>
There's been four shows like that every season since Tenchi Muyo came out at least a hundred years ago.
>>
It would be interesting to have real homosexual as a MC. You know, he has a harem but doesn´t pursue them because he really is a closet homo.
>>
I just finished reading an LN where the guy is a 36 year old virgin who asked god for recovery magic because he stayed a virgin because of fear of STDs.
Its called Tanaka the Wizard.
Spoilers say that he gains a harem but refuses anyone not a virgin.
Also he's ugly as fuck.
>>
File: 1393683253803.jpg (45 KB, 680x596) Image search: [Google]
1393683253803.jpg
45 KB, 680x596
>>135149691
Are you retarded?
One is being pursued by eldritch abominations that eventually get him in the end and turn him insane and the other is pretending to be gay to not get his genitals cut off.
>>
>>135151021
That would be a refreshing twist.

Even better is if one of the characters is a trap, but the MC just isn't having it, because he's attracted to masculine features, he wants a strong manly man.
>>
>>135151021
There's already a manga with that premise
It was an one shot sadly
>>
File: image:1211.jpg (868 KB, 1050x761) Image search: [Google]
image:1211.jpg
868 KB, 1050x761
>>135151035
> Tanaka the wizard
> Wizard
> lame ass title
no wonder he is a virgin.
>>
>>135151021
This. Would anyone want to watch a protagonist like this who is actually fucking homo and has a harem of the opposite sex? I would.
>>
>>135151286
I just like that he's an MC who is clearly virgin by choice rather than being pathetic.
>>135151360
I'd like it better if he was super gay and had girl talks with them to help them get guys and comforts them when they get turned down.
>>135151258
nah he was just bothered by the harem in that one
>>
>>135151192
Silver Link, I believe in you!
>>
>>135151424
>I'd like it better if he was super gay and had girl talks with them to help them get guys and comforts them when they get turned down.

That would only mean the girls would flock to him even if he is gay.
>>
>>135151829
isn't that the point?
>>
>>135151829
*and they wouldn't even care.
>>
>>135151856
In other words, They know he is gay and be in love with him and always hanging with him flirting at his own inconvenience .
>>
>>135149691
This: >>135151081
Why did you pick the worst examples?
>>
>>135149691
Women have been revealed for the backstabbing liars they always have been thanks to third wave feminism, where "equal" means "as long as someone else loses something". Gay protags are the only ones that can be taken seriously now, because a hetero one is already destined to suffer.
>>
>>135152012
>>>/r9gay/
>>
>>135149691
Indeed, look at how popular One Punch Man is, it's a faggot cockfest, only one female character in it and she's ignored by everyone because they're homos
>>
Here's why.

It's not like the protaganists are people who WANT this shit to happen to them.

Haiyore's protag, for instance, was living a normal, happy life for years, then one day this hot chick shows up and drags him into a life where the abominations of hell and space are now a daily part of life. You think you WOULDN'T feel some resentment for that shit? Hellbeasts becoming normality? Having to worry day in and day out about whether or not your friends are actually your friends anymore, or if they've been replaced by some fuckoff demon? Not to mention the fact that he KNOWS FOR A FACT that that hot girl is actually a Creature of the Crawling Chaos, and just looking at her true self would make him go insane.

Kind of a turnoff.
>>
>>135150296
Neither are harem girls for that matter. For that matter, harem characters barely even qualify as characters, they're more like equations or programs. A given input guarantees you a predictable output.
>>
>>135152012
are we entering the era where traps will finally win?
>>
>>135154497
Yahari suggests so.
>>
The /co/ image is appropriate because for the sake of inclusion, every fucking western comic has to have some actual gay bullshit, some gay friend they see all the time, or some equally retarded minority lest someone, somewhere will whine about it.

Seriously, just read some other fucking manga.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.