[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fishman Island feels like filler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Fishman_Island_Arc.png (4 MB, 1300x1360) Image search: [Google]
Fishman_Island_Arc.png
4 MB, 1300x1360
This is the only canon arc (so far) that I consider really fucking boring. I know, all the arcs in OP start slow, then they get really good. But this one feels so out of place, shonen time skip does it again.
>>
It can't really be out of place when it was marked as their next destination 2 years ago. The problem is that the villains suck ass.
>>
Fishman island is the best post timeskip arc though.
>>
The villains are filler but the joy boy and Poseidon stuff is defiantly not.

FI just doesn't hit us very hard because we're probably mostly adults now and we understand why racism is bullshit which is basically the whole theme of the arc.
>>
I think it may have been hyped up too much. It was the first big arc after the timeskip, and it was hyped up since Kokoro mentioned it years prior. Then the main points of the arc were a ton of worldbuilding and showing how strong the crew has become. We've seen the whole racism thing a million times before, but it was still decently done. The New Fishman Pirates should have been done better since they were entirely unlikable, or Decken or even Caribou should have been the main villain over Hody.
>>
>>135146854
>defiantly
fuck you
>>
>>135146638
I loved it, fight me.
>>
>>135147759
definitely dodgy spellcheck senpai
>>
punk hazard was worse
>>
>>135146638
Didn't absolutely hate it like most people, but it's pretty bad relative to other OP arcs.
>>
when you really think about it, the only bad thing about fishman island was probably the whole ridiculous sanji thing, and maybe pedofish. From a story perspective FI is objectively a good arc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.