[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WUG Locodol now. At a recent stage greeting event in Sendai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: TohokuIdols1.jpg (106 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
TohokuIdols1.jpg
106 KB, 640x800
WUG Locodol now.

At a recent stage greeting event in Sendai, an announcement was officially made for a new pair of short animated features for idol anime Wake Up, Girls!.
The animated shorts will each be approximately 7 minutes in length, and they will be designed to promote the local culture of Miyagi Prefecture throughout the four seasons of the year. For example, one of the shorts will feature the girls attending the Sendai Tanabata Festival in yukata kimonos.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/21-1/new-wake-up-girls-short-animation-projects-announced

What will next year bring for WUG?
>>
>>135127885
WUG isn't dead yet? That's nice to hear I guess, Zoo was pretty fun so this should be as well.
>>
>>135128319
No it isn't dead.

Why does everyone think it's dead?
>>
Honestly I'm surprised that WUG is still ongoing. It didn't exactly set the world on fire.
>>
>>135128757
It's criminally underrated as far as idolshit goes, too bad subs never for the movies.
>>
>>135128828
The Movie won't be released until next year.

I'm guessing the WUG committee decided to scale back the effort and not stream the sequel two parter on CR.

One thing's for sure throwing everything at the audience at once and hoping something sticks means at least one thing doesn't. This December marks the Anniversary of Stage no Tenshi's death.
>>
File: WUG CHAN DAISUKI.gif (875 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
WUG CHAN DAISUKI.gif
875 KB, 480x270
YAMAKAN
GANBATTE
>>
>>135128757
Avex won't give up on them that easily.

I'm looking forward to next year when they'll have a joint Valentine concert with I Ris.
>>
>>135127885
Wasn't the whole point of WUG to be Sendai Locodol before Locodol was a thing?
>>
>>135130328
Exactly what I thought. WUG has always been very Sendai-centered and all the locations in the anime are real places you can visit.
>>
File: 1394248738646.jpg (49 KB, 370x505) Image search: [Google]
1394248738646.jpg
49 KB, 370x505
It was to give good wholesome home-grown idols instead of plastic japanese dolls manufactured in the Idol record industry headquarters in Tokyo.
>>
WUG is on my backlog but I really liked WUG zoo, is it worth bumping up 20 places so I actually watch it sometime in the next 6 months?
>>
>>135131024
It's alright but there's no hurry. Watch the first movie if you haven't already and see if you want to continue.
>>
Watch episode 2, it's all downhill from there.
>>
>>135127885
>local culture of Miyagi Prefecture
Is their local culture about raping idols? This is all i can think about when its wug.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.