[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime on TV around the World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: bamboo blade watching tv.png (313 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
bamboo blade watching tv.png
313 KB, 720x400
So here is perhaps somewhat of an obscure question. What is the Television Anime History in your country? I assume more countries than the US can be asked here.

So in Japan, as far as I understand, the morning/evening blocks are animations not only from Japan but from around the world. Its mostly aimed kids/teens. They usually have alot of episodes.
Since the late 90's and Neon Genesis Evangelion most Anime has been short and on late night slots.
This goes for the big networks. However the smaller network also air late night anime that is even more niche than TV Tokyo and Fuji TV ones. These are usually the mid tier ecchi or obscure ones (HighSchool DxD, Watamote) and similar stuff.

In Spain/Italy/France a somewhat similar situation can be seen. Lupin III, Hokuto no Ken, Candy Candy, Mazinger, Devilman, Dragon Ball, Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, City Hunter and more were children programming mixed in with Western cartoons.

However over time, particulary in the 2000's, complaints about censoring were very high, and the bigger networks showed less interrest in Anime during the daytime (less than before anyway). Uncut Shonen and also other shorter anime moved to smaller networks, shown during the later hours, while some stayed during the day (especially in Italy),

Me being German, I can make a more detailed overview. Like in other countries we had anime mixed in with western cartoons. But almost nothing actiony or with science fiction...alot of the safer, fluffy type that almost seemed "european". But the anime hype came with Sailor Moon and children programming blocks became more anime,,and late night anime was also established at other countries. However that was just a short trend, and tv stations showed not that much intrest in anime shows.

In the US...Toonami/Adult Swim started the anime hype...however since 2004 even the Shonen shows that are during the day in Europe (like Naruto, One Piece and Detective Conan), are shown at late nights.
>>
ANN lists foreign broadcasters. As for the type of local programming it was mixed with, I can only guess with timeslot. Saturday morning across the globe usually is for kids around 8 years old for example.
>>
>tfw Jetix is kill
>>
>>135108194

They do. But it is hard to find out the exact time they aired in.

In Japan its easy, its in their Wikipedia pages.
However how common are ReRuns of Anime in Japan and where do they air?
I have yet to see a Japan TV guide that doesnt only list premeries.

As far as other countries go...I am mostly interrested in Germany, Italy, France, US and Spain.

Its very interresting how different cultures in countries adapted to which anime they found suitable in which timeslots.
>>
frogs are pretty lucky with the animu/mango situation
>>
>>135108394

I remember in Germany that Dragon Ball Z was very successfull during the evenings around 19:00 that was the only to ever do that.

In the US, I understand, Toonami showed stuff from 4 PM to 8 PM?
Most European children blocks were always way earlier than that.
>>
>>135108295

I remember watching Shinzo on that

Here in the UK we even had our own anime channel for a short lived time, of course we had Toonami which showed stuff like Dragonball Z(eventually Dragonball odd they'd show that AFTER Z though), The Big O, Cowboy Bebop, a few others if I remember.
>>
>>135108553

Not just frogs. Spain and Italy too.
>>
>>135108394
Japan can rerun them for years. It's a (secondary)broadcaster option, some bring late night anime to late afternoon, show them with less censorship issues, etc.
>>
>>135107869
>Uncut Shonen and also other shorter anime moved to smaller networks, shown during the later hours, while some stayed during the day (especially in Italy)
Kek, spaghetti here and I remember watching Saint Seiya at 4PM with all the blood intact when I was a kid. It was the shit.
>>
File: 1420837847202.jpg (80 KB, 900x604) Image search: [Google]
1420837847202.jpg
80 KB, 900x604
It was good.
>>
>>135108558
>tfw no dragonball at 9/11 on rtl2

WHAT THE FUCK; I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR SHITTY TOWERS MURICA
>>
>>135108644

I would be interessed how all the different countries censored their anime.

Did Italy censor Lupin III? I did air in early 80's.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.