[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Akatsuki no Yona thread? This is one of the better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: orange-akatsuki-no-yona-06.png (2 MB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
orange-akatsuki-no-yona-06.png
2 MB, 2880x1620
Can we have a Akatsuki no Yona thread? This is one of the better shoujo anime I have seen, and it's a recent one at that. Going by the manga, Hak's constant unrequited love and suffering is finally coming to an end, so that's a plus too, I guess.
>>
I recently wanted to start reading the manga but then I accidentally bought Akagami no Shirayukihime instead.
Now I don't know what to do.
>>
>>135100341
pretty much the same show anyways
girl MC is girly but turns strong and build hay rams
I think Shirayuki's MC is much more independent/prideful though
Yona's bitch status is a plot point for most of the anime
I really enjoyed it because I thought hak suffering was hilarious.
>>
OP 2 was pretty much OPOTY as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>135100341

Shirayuki is better anyway.
>>
The question is, which series has better romance? Don't pretend Akatsuki no Yona is just a reverse harem, there's a clear end-game pairing.
>>
>>135100236
>This is one of the better shoujo anime I have seen
>muuh Yona eye's of a beast that bibited some nigger instead of making his cock harder.
>>
I enjoyed the laugh at Hak expense until episode 6 but then I just kinda forgot the series.
>>
>>135100736
Shirayuki, thats not even a fair fight though. Its not about the harem so much as Shirayuki is a stronger character overall and so is everyone else, in Yona its just 'we'll here's this magic bitch thats going to solve all my problems/I was born waiting for this moment/I spent my whole life wanting to stick it in but I held back because muh duty muh honor/I killed your dad but you still want me anyways cause I'm that awesome"
>>135101205
you missed some of the better characters
>>
>>135101346
I think I dropped it the second episode after the dragon fap hand got into the harem, probably before the 6th episode.
>>
Fuck the manga scanlators, they killed my interest in the series with their retarded bullshit.
>>
File: 00---Notice.jpg (145 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
00---Notice.jpg
145 KB, 800x600
>>135101497
I'm still salty about this. And they were doing well with the translations. What a shame.
>>
>>135101497
aren't the full chapters out there? also Yona hunts old bears for lunch.
>>
>>135100736
I can't tell which one has objectively better writing, but Hak/Yona hits all my buttons, while Zen/Shirayuki is okay but leaves me cold.
>>
>>135102182
They can go fuck themselves if they think anyone gives a fuck.
>>
>>135102212
If they are, I can't find them. All I find in google are shitty summaries from blogs and aggregator sites that also contain the untranslated pages.
>>
>>135100736
I don't understand. I think they are so different in so many aspects that there's no point in comparing.

>>135102182
Absolutely retarded. I'd like for someone to actually ask them what the fuck were they thinking.
>>
I hope the new scanners get DMCA or their RAW guy gets killed by zainichi for the shit they're pulling. Done with this series sadly.
>>
>>135105011
>the new scanners
Who?
>>
The best arcs in Yona come after the end of the anime.

>>135100558
OP1 was fantastic too

>>135100341
Read both, they're both great.
>>
File: Waifu bullying.gif (577 KB, 448x382) Image search: [Google]
Waifu bullying.gif
577 KB, 448x382
>>135100558
>OP 2 was pretty much OPOTY
>>135100601
>Shirayuki is better anyway.

Those are two opinions I will never be able to understand.
>>
File: advanced watermarks.gif (781 KB, 1068x1600) Image search: [Google]
advanced watermarks.gif
781 KB, 1068x1600
>>135104838
>I'd like for someone to actually ask them what the fuck were they thinking.

Scanlators are known to often have severe cases of brain damage. Nobody knows why.
>>
>>135100558
It grew on me, but I wouldn't go that far.

ED 2 though was at least tied for best for me.
>>
File: Yona nom.gif (1 MB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
Yona nom.gif
1 MB, 550x310
>>135100236
>>
>>135100558
>>135107290
I hated OP2
Ruined the old feel of the anime with it's pop shit.
>>
>>135107397
Maybe it's because translating moon runes too long causes brain damage?
>>
Do the mangafags think there's any genuine chance of S2 happening?
>>
>>135108398
One can dream.
>>
>>135108174
I thought the same, but then the second OP grew on me.
I think they balanced the first OP (folkloric) with the first ED (modern). And then the second OP (modern) with the second ED (folkloric).
If they had used the first OP with the second ED (or viceversa) the change between seasons would have much more notorious and hideous.

>>135108398
I heard the manga sales grew with the anime. And there's more than enough material to adapt.
But I think the BDs sold quite bad. They did have some delays and issues. Haven't seen any numbers, though, so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>135108398
>>135108978
Sold 2851 copies on average, so not all that bad.

But it doesn't really scream "2nd season" either.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.