[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /a/ like Zettai Karen Children? What do you think of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 1409al.jpg (791 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1409al.jpg
791 KB, 1280x1024
Does /a/ like Zettai Karen Children? What do you think of the high school arc so far? Personally I think it's been pretty boring, manga feels stagnated right now.
>>
I first got interested in it via the Unlimited spinoff anime.

I'm still following the current arc, but it would be nice if we got some better quality scanlations. At least the scanlations come way quicker than stuff like Prisma Illya or Nanoha Vivid (which is over a year behind on scanlations).
>>
File: 1508bl.jpg (928 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1508bl.jpg
928 KB, 1280x1024
>>135098732
The current scanlations are done by some fans that didn't want the manga to rot after Mangaholic fucked off. As a result they're not the most experienced, but they've gotten a lot better than their first releases, though.

It'd be nice if js06 could translate again, I don't think Mangaholic's problems had to do with his side of the work, but as far as I know the current group hasn't bothered to seek him out, either.
>>
File: 1438310871564.jpg (154 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1438310871564.jpg
154 KB, 1024x768
>>135099265
I liked ZKC when it was about a trio of bratty superpowered children who gave their supervisor grief.

They're supposed to be in high school now but they look like they're in their early twenties. So many of the characters I liked were forgotten or discarded, while the ones I don't care for stick around. It's also hard to keep track of new additions to the cast, and the art style isn't as distinctive anymore.

>It'd be nice if js06 could translate again
Why did he drop it? I've considered picking this up before (since the last scans I read were abysmal) but if there were problems I didn't hear about, I'd like to hear them.
>>
>>135099265
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I also understand that our current scanlations are coming from someone who has neither English nor Japanese as their native language (Spanish is their native language iirc).

Considering how niche the series is, I'm incredibly surprised that we're even still getting scanlations, so I can easily ignore the quality issues.
>>
>>135099468
>They're supposed to be in high school now but they look like they're in their early twenties

It's a problem of Shiina's style. They looked like high schoolers in the middle school arc. I agree with you, though. Matsukaze himself has done jack shit since being introduced, nothing would be different right now if Shiina hadn't brought him in.

>Why did he drop it?
It wasn't him specifically, the group he was helping, Mangaholic, lost its primary cleaner for ZKC and their releases got slower and slower until stopping completely. I never saw js06 say anything about it, so I have no idea if he'd be willing to keep translating or not because no one stepped up to take over besides the current group which used its own translator.
>>
File: 1208b_l.jpg (695 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1208b_l.jpg
695 KB, 1280x1024
>>
I watched that spin off series with the OP male MC, was pretty good Tbh and soundtracks were Goat.

Was told the main series is kinda shit at the beginning and since it's 300+ chapters I can't be asked nowadays.
>>
The first anime was great but I never got through the manga or bothered watching the spin-off, it's all in my backlog.

Would love another season.
>>
>>135105410
If there was ever another anime I doubt they would start where the first one left off, unfortunately. You might as well read the manga one day.
>>
I just wish the other 2 mains Aoi and Shiho got more protagonism.

Fucking Kaoru everywhere isn't fun.
>>
>>135096975
The manga really lost a lot of steam once the main future crisis between Minamoto and Kaoru was resolved. That was the driving force behind the manga since it launched.

Now it's been replaced by Gilliam/Black Phantom, an enemy which has already been beaten numerous times.

The tension is pretty much gone and there hasn't been anything else to replace it. Kaoru's powers growing had potential to become a huge part of the story but it was resolved in a handful of chapters.
>>
File: 1(2).png (1 MB, 819x1200) Image search: [Google]
1(2).png
1 MB, 819x1200
>>135108939
This. Earlier on the manga hyped the three up as one powerful force, now it's Kaoru and her boost props.

>>135109040
Was it resolved? I thought that now it just showed a blank face where Kaoru's once was or something. Basically they don't know anymore.

I agree about BP, though. It doesn't help that every goon Gilliam's sent so far in the high school arc has just been the same shit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.