[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watch live action K and J dramas. >Notice a identical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: animeadaptions.jpg (754 KB, 1600x1407) Image search: [Google]
animeadaptions.jpg
754 KB, 1600x1407
>Watch live action K and J dramas.
>Notice a identical tropes, dialogue etc to anime
>In live action you notice it's all really stilted and terrible and cringe worthy
>Go back to anime
>Can't unsee how unnatural and tropefilled the writing and dialogue is even in anime I love.

Does.. does anime in general just kind of have shitty writing that we only put up with because it's animated which allows further suspension of disbelief? Is there anime that actually has writing on say the same level as top-tier western shows like Madmen, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Breaking Bad, The Wire etc?
>>
>>135082006
>shitty writing
It's like you don't even understand why it sounds unnatural.
>>
>>135082006
>top-tier western shows like Madmen, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Breaking Bad, The Wire etc
just stop watching anime
>>
dude you're probably doing the equivalent of watching hannah montana and complaining that all tv has bad writing
just watch more anime, lurk more, don't be gay, etc.
nobody bump this bad thread
>>
>>135082129
you just bumped it retard
>>
>>135082006
Are we talking about live-actions now?

The Gokusen live-action is good (even with Matsujun in it). Also, if we're talking about GTO, it should be the j-drama from 1998 first, then Akira's (there's something lacking in this last one). And Nodame Cantabile the live-action is gold (not talking about the k-drama obviously). You won't find a better Nodame than Ueno Juri, or a better Chiaki than Tamaki Hiroshi (Joo Won is meh).

As for the others that I've watched (and appear on the chart), they're mediocre, if not bad very bad.
>>
>>135082006
>"cringe worthy"
>trope

Boy, I say you are just someone who just simply disqualifies themselves from ever criticizing any story, japanese cartoon or not.
>>
File: 1448282829784.png (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448282829784.png
164 KB, 500x500
>>135082006
>top-tier western shows like Game of Thrones, Vikings, Breaking Bad,
>>
File: gxfcgds.jpg (51 KB, 814x500) Image search: [Google]
gxfcgds.jpg
51 KB, 814x500
>>135082384
Don't forget Mad Men. He also had the gall to call Mad Men a top-tier western show, as if that was a good thing.
>>
>>135082006
>Anime has shitty dialogue
>News at 11.

God I noticed this when I started watching anime with Ghost "Drop philosophical quotes out of context to make the writing sound deep and exposition dumps" in the shell.
>>
>top-tier western shows like Madmen, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Breaking Bad, The Wire
Only The Wire is good here. Breaking Bad had its moments but mostly in the early seasons.
>>
>>135082006
>top-tier western shows like Madmen, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Breaking Bad, The Wire etc
>>
Japanese basically suck at writing scripts and acting naturally in media, you learn this if you actually live in Japan and are forced to consume Japanese media.

I worked in Seoul, thought Korean TV was overacted and had shitty writing then I worked in Nara and holy fucking shit Japanese TV and it made Korean TV look like a masterpiece.

Japanese scripts generally are steeped in tropes and formality which I don't even know if they notice, but it's been noted in things I've read it stems from Japanese theater.

You will notice as well if you are in Japan, the dialogue and mannerisms people actually speak in and the dialogue and mannerisms you get in Japanese media (even fucking shitty variety shows) are like from different planets. No people don't yell "OOOOOSSHHHHHIIIIII!!!!!" when they take a bite from food, but if you watched Nip TV you think they would.

There is some anime that does have pretty natural sounding dialogue and scripting, Mushi-shi I think stands out in this department.
>>
>>135082976
This is just TV productions related. Your average American television show isn't any better. Saying that the Japanese "suck at writing scripts" in general is retarded.

Acting is a difficult topic, partly because of the perceived "reserved" nature of the Japanese.
>>
I don't know, Breaking Bad was also cartoony as hell most of the time.
Mad Men is alright I guess.
>>
File: 1429774151871.png (300 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1429774151871.png
300 KB, 500x500
>>135082006
>top-tier western shows like Madmen, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Breaking Bad, The Wire etc?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.