[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm watching Kaiba right now and honestly, can't say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
I'm watching Kaiba right now and honestly, can't say I'm impressed.
I don't really see anything that could be the supposed Yuasa's genius here. I can't get into this show, it fails to make me immersed. I'm just watching it thinking "ah, okay". World building is extremely vague, things just happen without any proper build up or logical connection. Kaiba is with this person this episode, later with other, either everyone does what Kaiba wants or he's super passive and swept by events around him. I can see the anime touches on some rarely used or quite hard subjects but the way it happens simply isn't interesting.
Five episodes so far and I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish this year.
>>
>>135027515
thanks for sharing
>>
I'm sorry we've failed you.

I guess you'll have shit taste forever.
>>
That's because you are a peasant.

I think you should go back to moeshit about cute girls doing cute things.
>>
>>135027515
Ping pong was better.
>>
>>135027515
The last third has Kaiba way more directly involved and the episodes aren't as episodic.

That said, most people that like Kaiba generally think the first half is the best.
>>
>>135027515
Subscribed.
>>
Yeah, it's one of his weaker shows. Enjoy it for it's aesthetic and try not to get too hung up on what-could-have-been.
>>
>>135027880
Characterization and art were definitely more impressive. I don't want to comment on story yet as apparently latter half is different.

>>135027887
Hmm, maybe my opinion seems too negative because ep5 was weaker? For example I definitely liked third episode much more, characters felt far more human and their actions made more sense and I could relate with them. Hmm, I'll see, thanks for the info.

>>135027589
>>135027965
I'd rather post in some already existing thread but not a single one was remotely related so I created a new one.

>>135027975
Okay. Already watched Cat Soup and Kick-Heart, I wonder if I should go for Mind Game or Tatami next.
>>
>>135027515
The episodic parts are the best ones, the rest of the show is a mess.
>>
>>135027515
So you haven't even finished it and you're complaing about being too dumb to understand what's going on, correct?
>every post on /a/ ever

Honestly, you should go back to Tatami Galaxy or something. At least you can hipster out to the >muh college setting and they talk fast so they're smart like me
>>
>>135029359
>>135027814
Don't do this to me. I might not be impressed with the show but I do have some respect for it and don't want to associate it with shitposters like you.
>>
>>135029359
Dude the whole "Kaiba is good" mentality only comes from people who want to have a Yuasa show without buying in to the popularity of Tatami or Ping Pong. It's about as hipster as it gets.
>>
>>135029546
Yuasafags are the most obnoxious pretentious faggots on the entire board, just ignore them.
>>
>>135029546
>>135029607
It's sad that 'criticism' for Yuasa shows only goes as far as buzzword spouting shitposters like you.

I don't even get this pretentious meme. The only time I ever see a Yuasa show get a thread it's some shitpost bait. So where are all these pretentious faggots?
>>
>>135029455
>and don't want to associate it with shitposters like you
I used to have respect for this show and Yuasa too. I literally adopted my tripcode after this show aired because I wanted to discuss with other Kaiba fans. I still remember when we had to wait at least a week for the subs. They were good threads and it was a good show. The last couple episodes were rushed and people liked the episodic ones more, but to each his own.

To be honest though, family, after so many years on 4chan, everyone becomes a shitposter. No exceptions.
>>
>went into it with high expectations
>hasn't even finished it but is still judging it
>hurr durr please rape my face
>>
>>135029869
Well, look at the thread. There are multiple anons who can voice their opinions without throwing insults all around them but the people who seem to be fans (?) or at least stand in opposition to my criticism, all are sadly the lowest kind of idiots.
I'm sure this isn't accurate representation of the fanbase but nevertheless, it's a very sorry sight.

>>135030101
>>went into it with high expectations
That's false. It's been years since I went into some show with high expectations. Don't assume so much in the future. Just because I heard about Kaiba being great doesn't mean I require it to be amazing. I grade shows fairly, no matter what genre they are or who created them.
I already said I watched Ping Pong, Cat Soup and Kick-Heart and all of them are different so it would be retarded to come into Kaiba with any set expectations especially since it's completely different from all the other Yuasa's shows I watched so far.
You could learn how to read as well.
>I don't want to comment on story yet
In short - stop shitposting.

>>135029940
You could start by not attention whoring. Or not assuming things that are outright wrong.
>>
>>135031078
The reason people are not taking your thread seriously is because you're an obnoxious, presumptuous idiot.
>>135030101
Sums it up.

It has nothing to do with the fanbase being of a lower social or intellectual class than you. Every thread you make is going go be shif, and it's not because everyone on the board is shit. It's because you are the one who made the thread.
>>
>>135031078
Since you don't already like it, the only way to get a better opinion is to simply finish it. The story works backwards with more of the past being revealed as it goes on.
So there's your 'logical connection'. Funny, almost everything you're complaining about makes sense by the end.
>>
File: whats his name again.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
whats his name again.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>135027515
i have great memories of this, but at the same time i wouldnt watch it again.

i only can say that it gets better, and if you liked kuroniko feels you are going to enjoy what comes next.

at least for the first half of the show, second half is trash.
>>
>>135027515
OP, you're not alone, I thought it was mediocre back when it aired. There were a few really good episodes in the middle, but overall the series falls flat. Pretty similar to Kemonozume in that regard.

>>135028380
I would watch Tatami, that and PP are Yuasa's best. Mind Game is flashy and visually distinctive, but nothing particularly special.

Also, try the Cat Soup shorts, they're based on the original manga and completely different from the movie.
>>
kaiba before erased his memories was an evil person
>>
>>135031360
That's good to know, thanks a lot.
From what I read, more of Kaiba's past is revealed later on and it could indeed prove to be very important factor for how I will view the show in the end.

>>135031375
Yeah, the family themes hit me hard and I was able to empathize with all parties involved to varying extents.
Vanilla seemed quite interesting at first but in ep5 he severely disappointed me. I hope he gets back to good form in next episode.

>>135031432
Ah, I should have specified, I watched both versions of Nekojirou and to be honest liked the shorts more. Both entries were quite uneven though so it's rather hard to judge them.
Thanks, Tatami will be next and Mind Game will wait for suitable time.

>>135031444
I already know some heavy spoilers and they don't affect me at all, anime are mostly about the experience.
>>
>blogging about an anime you haven't finished
>adamantly declaring that you have shit taste
Fuck off duuuude
>>
>>135031990
Aside from you being a retard who doesn't know what blogging is, I'd like to say I really don't get this mentality. We constantly have dozens of threads about airing shows which obviously aren't completed yet, what's so wrong with talking about older show before finishing it?
I usually find it fun to read posts of anon who's clearing his backlog of the shows I watched in the past.
>>
"Deep" anime tend to care little for humanity and reason, eschewing meaningful characters and developments for the sake of a message or theme, rendering said message/theme worthless. Kaiba is no different.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.