[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>above average shonen adaptation with a notoriously bad final
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: tsuiokuhen.jpg (94 KB, 590x793) Image search: [Google]
tsuiokuhen.jpg
94 KB, 590x793
>above average shonen adaptation with a notoriously bad final non-canon arc
>OVA is a complete masterpiece

How did this happen?
>>
>>134992332
Kenshin should've NTRd and been NTRd by Misao the Ninja.
>>
>>134992332
>above average shonen adaptation with a notoriously bad final non-canon arc
Manga wasn't done at the time so the studio cut the production short. I'm still hoping we get a proper adaptation of Jinchuu Arc someday.
>>
Back when Studio DEEN was unironically good.
>>
>>134992332
Because it was produced as something independent of the series and much darker and sadder.
>>
>>134992332
It was the single instance where Furuhashi's edgy directing actually worked, and it was produced at a time when hand drawn animation was at its speak.
>>
>>134992521
A lot of studios that are considered shit now were actually good back in the day (J.C. Staff, Pierrot, etc).
>>134992554
>edgy directing
Fuck off. You've already shitposted enough in the HxH 99 threads
>>
>>134992554
>edgy direction
Neck yourself.
>>
How come people jerk off over the mediocre melodramatic ova so much?
>>
>>134995004
>edgelord defends edgy directing
>>
>>134992465

Jinchu arc was just as crap as the anime filler.

there I said it
>>
File: 054156468.gif (905 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
054156468.gif
905 KB, 500x363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8FFQ5T-LuU
>>
>>134995036
I really have no fucking idea why. IN the manga, it was comedic at time, but they turned into a fucking soap opera for the OVA and people still shit all over the other OVA because it was overdramatic despite them both being shit.
>>
File: 1409455326205.jpg (2 MB, 1589x2386) Image search: [Google]
1409455326205.jpg
2 MB, 1589x2386
>>134992521
DEEN animated Patlabor OVA1 and part of the first movie. They will always be alright in my book.
>>
What's with the newfags?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.