[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Kyoani will never make anything good past Hyouka
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11
File: Hyouka.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hyouka.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>Kyoani will never make anything good past Hyouka
>>
I finished it yesterday, and it wasn't boring as shitposters use to write, in fact, it's pretty good and interesting.
>>
But Hibike and Amagi were good
>>
>>134979545
Hibike was, Amagi was ok.

Hyouka is better than both.
>>
File: 1446346094698.jpg (34 KB, 563x544) Image search: [Google]
1446346094698.jpg
34 KB, 563x544
>implying
>>
amagi was good
>>
>>134979545
Amagi was fun & entertaining but it wasn't good in an artistic & intellectual way like their older classics such as Lucky Star were.
>>
>>134979494
I finished it yesterday, and it wasn't a masterpiece as shitposters use to write, in fact, it's pretty borin and lame, the characters has no weight the mysteries are uninteresting the token tsundere was annoying and the main girl cringe worthy.
>>
I wish Kyoani would make more masterpieces. Hyouka was really good, but more recent shows by them are not. Amagi was nothing special, Hibike was good but nothing more, no masterpiece. And adaptions of their own works are always, well not bad, but so far none of them is something I'd even consider adding to a recommendation chart.
>>
>>134979253
The curious chick is the worst character in the show.

Everyone else cool.
>>
>>134979714
Thank you for providing a shitpost as example.
>>
>>134979877
You're welcome.
>>
>>134979494
>>134979714
What's up with this sudden influx of Hyouka? I just started watching recently, too
>>
I'm bored. I'll make some webms. Name the scene/episode and I'll make them in the best quality I can. If it's over 10 seconds or has a lot of animation I'll need to make it 720p.
>>
>>134979253
tamako love story was good. but that's it
everything else is sucks
>>
Amagi was great, everything recent wasn't
>>
File: When Anon-kun is a baka.jpg (332 KB, 1280x881) Image search: [Google]
When Anon-kun is a baka.jpg
332 KB, 1280x881
>Forgetting KyoAni's magnum opus
>>
File: 1449152800798.jpg (37 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
1449152800798.jpg
37 KB, 650x430
OP1 or OP2?
>>
>>134980258
It's not quite transparent but it's very watchable so I left it in 1080p.
>>
>>134980212
The scene where he gets swarmed with little red chitandas
>>
>>134980461
hnnngg
>>
>>134980466
I forget what episode that is.
>>
How come "forced drama" wasn't coined until Chu-2 when Hyouka came earlier and is the best possible justification for that phrase existing? Unlike Chu-2, it doesn't have melodrama. It's disproportionate drama conjured out of nowhere via random trivial things that inexplicably make Chitanda curious, then a lot of characters become butthurt in the process of solving the boring mysteries. Chitanda should be the face of forced drama, not Rikka.
>>
>>134979253
The maked Hibike.
>>
>>134980606
The face of forced drama is Mari Okada
>>
File: SAVED.png (131 KB, 500x533) Image search: [Google]
SAVED.png
131 KB, 500x533
>>134980657
>implying she isn't going to save anime
>>
>>134980606
Because Hyouka's problems were higher schooler shit and didn't lay down some bombshell a la MY DAD IS DEEEEEEEEEEEAD halfway through the series as the reason for Rikka being so fucked up and made it the crux of almost half a season in a show which was (up to that point) a light-hearted romantic comedy, and then completely ignores is after it was resolved without the faintest change in status quo the following season.
>>
>>134980873
Season 2 did indeed hit a new low in writing but people started saying forced drama as soon as it abruptly shifted tone while airing. As Hyouka defeners are fond of saying, the mysteries aren't the point of Hyouka. In that case you could imagine all the character development taking place over checkers games or a coloring book club and it might make it easier to notice how out-of-proportion the drama is in relation to the context of what's actually going on in the setting. Getting depressed over dead parents is more realistic despite how much lower quality the writing is than in Hyouka.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.