[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you read manga while listening to music, or in silence? If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 13019fc8997b04326425e0c525115724.jpg (250 KB, 1400x1100) Image search: [Google]
13019fc8997b04326425e0c525115724.jpg
250 KB, 1400x1100
Do you read manga while listening to music, or in silence?
If you do listen to music, what music have to found to be a nice fit for a particular manga?

A couple examples
For me, the album Replica by Oneohtrix Point Never went really well with the spacious atmosphere of BLAME!

Also the soundtrack from the Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OVAs goes beautifully with the manga of course, I'm glad that was my first experience with YKK.
>>
This'll turn into /mu/core real quick, meh. Ambient music goes well with manga. Been re-visiting the Montreal scene stuff lately, Hrsta, 1-Speed Bike, shit like that is generally fine.
>>
Anything instrumental. I find it hard to concentrate on reading with music containing lyrics blasting in the background.
>>
It's distracting. Truly. Any accompanying sound is produced by my head and my head alone.
>>
>>134977312
Complete silence in the house as well? Like not even a fan turned on
>>
>>134977343
I've allnightered manga before. So it makes it easier. If I am focused on a manga I can usually tune things out, which makes music completely stupid.
>>
I once read Mahou Shoujo of the End while listening to the ED of School Rumble.
Now my brain associates them with each other and I can't help but to giggle whenever I read it or listen to that song.
>>
>people that read or write or do virtually anything other than gaming/walking while listening to music

does anyone into retention anymore? I see people listening to Classical music as background music while doing homework and it makes me want to pull my hair out, you pretentious cunt you aren't even taking in the music.
>>
>>134977473
Don't mock the Mozart for babies.
>>
>>134977473
no anon, the pretentious cunt is you
>>
>>134977473
You sound like the pretentious cunt here
Thinking people need to be deeply and intellectually appreciating music anytime they listen to it
>>
>>134977473
Not my fault you can only retain one thing at a time.
>>
>>134977473
Of course they aren't, that's why it's background music. If they go and start reviewing it or posting about it on /mu/ or something after that, then you can criticize them, but there's nothing wrong with using music as filler sound.
>>
File: 1410646864801.png (35 KB, 236x233) Image search: [Google]
1410646864801.png
35 KB, 236x233
>>134977385
i know the feels homie, had an O-chem exam in the morning but I got really into what ever it was that night...needless to say I bombed that exam
>>
>>134977621
>feels
>...
Lurk more, for the love of god.
>>
>>134977650
No, let him keep being a newfag. It makes me feel more secure about myself when STEMfags post like idiots.
>>
>>134977536
>>134977602
This desu

I mostly listen to instrumental stuff, such as movie/vidya/anime OSTs and classical stuff.
>>
>>134977130
I listened to the Einhander ost a couple of times while reading Blame and it fit pretty well, specifically 'Badlands' went great with the chapter where Killy was flying around with alt. universe Cibo.
>>
File: 1395457985749.png (101 KB, 326x270) Image search: [Google]
1395457985749.png
101 KB, 326x270
>>134977650
I see your point I'll try to do better senpai
but >>134977727 is a baby back bitch
>>
>>134977473
I don't even like listening to music. I exclusively use it to make monotonous tasks more bearable.
>>
I mostly use anime and film OSTs. If a situation inspires me to think of a specific song with lyrics I'll stop to dig it up on the net.
>>
>>134977130
In action manga or fights i like speed metal or thrash metal,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLpRedlLapA
>>
Sometimes I'll listen to the anime OST if there's one yeah.
Or if some music is referenced in the manga, I'll put it on to listen at the same time.
>>
>>134978384
Meshuggah works well for me with nonstop action manga like Baki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4GXNzom6ik
>>
I like to listen to ambient music while reading manga, complete silence I find can stress me out somehow. When I read something that's rather enjoyable I listen to music with lots of hype (I guess that would be the best way to describe). For example, when reading Teppu I listened to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and so I've come to associate some of their songs with the manga.
>>
>>134979314
>When I read something that's rather enjoyable I listen to music with lots of hype
well not always actually, depends on the content
>>
File: blame_v10_129.jpg (156 KB, 1500x2115) Image search: [Google]
blame_v10_129.jpg
156 KB, 1500x2115
For all you Blame! fans, there's a number of albums out there specifically tailored to be listened to while reading Blame!, or at least to capture the atmosphere of the world. I'll post a couple here.

https://aairria.bandcamp.com/album/metastructure-netsphere

https://gerardugalle.bandcamp.com/album/megastructure-unofficial-tsutomu-nihei-blame-soundtrack

The former is a set of drone tracks that slowly change and modulate, and are intended to replicate what you would hear in the Megastructure.
The latter is a dark ambient album that tries to encompass the concepts or characters shown in Blame!.

I personally recommend the former more, but that's as a /mu/tant. The first track can be stopped and started whenever due to its nature and its length, so there's no reason to be concerned about needing to listen to it all at once.
>>
File: blame_v10_177.jpg (331 KB, 1837x1300) Image search: [Google]
blame_v10_177.jpg
331 KB, 1837x1300
bumping so nobody misses the links.
>>
>>134979456
>>134980492
OP here, thanks m8
>>
>>134977130
Caught up to Terraformars while listening to the John Williams station in Pandora could have been better though
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.