[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished marathoning this. I was really enjoying it until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: obarodo.jpg (50 KB, 225x315) Image search: [Google]
obarodo.jpg
50 KB, 225x315
Just finished marathoning this.

I was really enjoying it until about Ep. 9 or so, but then it felt rather rushed.
I heard the manga has similar problems with pacing, so is the novel a good point to continue from?

Does anyone know if there's a second season in the works?
>>
File: wallhaven-238947.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-238947.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
bump
>>
There's already a Overlord thread dingus
>>
>>134933953
Second Season unknown
BD at the end of January
Read the books from volume 3 they skipped a lot of stuff and manga is only any good for extra chapters and reaction faces
Reason it was rushed is that they gave volume 2 an extra episode compared to the number of chapters and doubled down on episodes for the Shalltear fight.

There everything answered now go away until they release volume 10
>>
>>134935406
>Read the books from volume 3 they skipped a lot of stuff and manga is only any good for extra chapters and reaction faces
Did you mean start from the beginning? Because I hope where weren't giving him terrible advice.
>>
>>134935467
Start from the very beginning if you want all the minor world building stuff like the history of all the people Ainz and co kill as well as an in depth explanation of magic.

Start from the beginning of Volume 3 if you want to read after finishing the anime and don't want to go over the important plot points twice.

People should start from the very beginning and listen to all the audio dramas but it isnt required episode 9 and up skip enough stuff that volume 3 is the starting point to actually know whats going on.
>>
>>134935305
You mean a shitty Overlord general. I wouldn't even ask in there if I was OP.
>>
>rushed

Heh, I don't get that complaint. The whole show was poorly paced to me but not in the sense it was rushed. It was very slow, whether it was meaningless dialog or scenes that just dragged too long. Either way each episode felt like it had half an episodes worth or less of actual development to plot or characters.
>>
>>134936110
you sound like you've never read the novels.
>>
>>134936149

I haven't, why would that be relevant to a criticism directed at the show? If anything the books sound like an even bigger slog based off everything I've heard.
>>
>>134936253
>I haven't, why would that
stopped reading there. Go read the novels.
>hurr not going to read shitty light novels
Go read the novels. From the beginning.
>>
File: overlord comic.png (683 KB, 545x924) Image search: [Google]
overlord comic.png
683 KB, 545x924
>>134933953
read the novels from the start
>>
>>134936307

Quit being a faggot.
>>
File: 1441750767357.png (274 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1441750767357.png
274 KB, 1000x1200
>>134933953
The anime was made on low budget

They focused on making OPM at that time might be the reason, I guess

so they had to rush the end

however, volume 1 was best adapted and volume 2 wasnt so bad but it was stretched for some reason
>>
File: 1449727003870.jpg (114 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449727003870.jpg
114 KB, 1024x1024
>>134936359
Your options are: Read the novels, or read the novels. Not trying to be offensive, but you should really read the novels.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.