[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe this character without mentioning what she looks like,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 16
File: madoka.png (272 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
madoka.png
272 KB, 425x425
Describe this character without mentioning what she looks like, or what her profession or role in the show was.
>>
That's Madoka Magica from Madoka Magica
>>
A shit
>>
Kind-hearted, friendly, indecisive, self-sacrificing, insecure.
>>
>>134923439
>boring
FTFY
>>
>>134923439
Anon successful describes 60% of female anime characters.
>>
Go away, Plinkett.
>>
Crazy lesbian magnet
>>
>>134923169
Someone literally too nice to live.
>>
My waifu's waifu
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 563x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 563x443
>>
>>134923499
And if you add "useless" then it covers 100%
>>
shitposting senate
>>
>>134923169
Useless cunt that cried too much
>>
>>134923499
Yup, all the known characters are like that. Yoko, Holo, Asuka, Misato, Rei, Rin Tohsaka, Yuno, Taiga, Senjougahara, Haruhi, Saber, C.C, Lucy, Revy, Yuuko, Tachibana, Misaka, Shinobu, Motoko, Shana, Yui, Faye, Utena, Juri.

I hope you get it by now.
>>
>>134925175
Still 60%
>>
>>134925175
>look at all the animes I've watched
>>
>>134925175
They're known because they break the mold and don't fall into the 60%.
...as much as being Generic Tsundere #01846903 can be considered "breaking the mold".
>>
File: This faggot with a posed look.png (593 KB, 966x720) Image search: [Google]
This faggot with a posed look.png
593 KB, 966x720
>>134925175
>asuka, rei,
>kind hearted
funny one is a complete bitch and the other is a alien that doesnt undersand human emotions.
>>
File: Cross-Over.full.425617.jpg (1015 KB, 1550x2000) Image search: [Google]
Cross-Over.full.425617.jpg
1015 KB, 1550x2000
>>134923169
Yuno clone
>>
Madoka is a kind person that puts very little value on her own life, but she isn't the edgy self-loathing type like Homura. She feels like a talentless, undeserving burden, and because of that she would willingly sacrifice her life to help those she cares about. The reason why becoming a magical girl is so appealing to her is because she feels it would give her a purpose. When she does find her purpose, as we saw in the previous timelines, she becomes far more confident in herself.
>>
>>134925364
You can't read, can you?
>>134925218
Name ten characters that have all those traits.
>>
>>134923169
Nice girl, values friendship, has a sense of justice, loves her family, selfless.
>>
>>134923169
Try doing that for any character, faggot.
>>
>>134923195
Hah.
>>
>>134923169
>Oh, you can't describe a character without referencing the show they're in? Guess they're shit!
I fucking hate these threads.
>>
File: mado1.gif (955 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
mado1.gif
955 KB, 400x225
>>134925014
Just as long as we're clear.
>>
>>134925441
This is a good post but OP is going to troll and say
>HURR U SAID MAJICKAL GIRL THEREFORE U FAIL.

These threads are so stupid.
>>
>>134923169
bitch that cries half of the time, lets her friend die or sell their soul and then decides to act when they're already too broken.
Then disappears
Cute as fuck nonetheless
>>
>>134923169
Cries all the fucking time.
Like seriously what will it fucking take for this bitch to stop crying.
>>
The story of Madoka is yet more propaganda from the Japanese prime minister. The moral is even children like Madoka feel shamefur about their lack of contribution to the lives of others. The otaku NEETs must let go of their sense of self and instead live for the benefit of society/kill themselves.
>>
>>134923222

The trips have it. We're done here.
>>
Homura's lover
>>
>>134923169
A girl who wants to be a mAAAAAAAgical girl. But thinks it might not be a good idea due to the rumors on the Megucanet
>>
Is Madoka really a magical girl anime?
>>
>>134925880
A lot of things happened to her. If those things happened to real epople they'd cry too
>>
homu's waifu
>>
>>134926223
no, she's a person
>>
>>134926249

I say the same thing about Shinji.
>>
File: 1433828791493.jpg (48 KB, 512x670) Image search: [Google]
1433828791493.jpg
48 KB, 512x670
>>
>>134926329
And you're right
>>
So heterosexual, she broke the universe to avoid being gay-raped.
>>
>>134923169
A sensitive yet misguided loving girl that altruistically wants to help others.
>>
>>134925639
Have you considered the character you are describing has no character?
>>
>>134925588
She's vain and prideful, but with the skills to back it up, or at least the bullshit to fool most people. She hates being wrong, but will still acquiesce and change her position, which is impressive for someone her age. She's almost powerless to get the things she wants the most when she's used to being the most powerful. She has been almost driven mad with loneliness but because of that she's still afraid of getting too close to people.

Who am I describing?
>>
>>134925175
Some of those bitches are far from kind hearted.
>>
File: missing the point.jpg (13 KB, 235x206) Image search: [Google]
missing the point.jpg
13 KB, 235x206
>>134925364
>>134927723
>>
>>134927696
Fuck if I know.
>>
>>134927696
Stella from Rakudai?
Louise from ZnT?

Who knows?

These things are like horoscopes or fortune cookies. You can do a reading for 90% of people and still hit enough marks to count.
>>
>>134925441
You failed, you're giving people who have never watched an idea of the character, not a summary of them. It's obvious you guys typing paragraphs are struggling because you know no one would give a damn otherwise; you give the characters away when part of it is leaving people wanting to see for themselves.

Easy one: Kamina
-loud
-headstrong
-brave
-inspirational
-a big brother figure
-driven, manly but not totally ideal haha virgin

Shinji Ikari is just as simple, despite all the other betafag characters out there.
>>
>>134928679
>without mentioning role
>big brother figure
You can't even follow your own rules.

Furthermore you had to include the "haha virgin" surperfluous trait as a hint because your own description can apply to many other characters so you needed to give an extra hint.

Also, if Shinji's as simple, do Shinji.
>>
>>134923169
A total qt of a main character, albeit useless as fuck, and one hell of a crybaby. Too harsh?
>>
>>134926361
Don't tell me what to do.
>>
>>134928769
They aren't my rules. Admittedly "big brother figure" may give away a role so you have that, but I was trying to describe that "aniki" type facet of his personality not just toward Simon but many others. Kamina would feel like a big brother to anyone.

The spoilers weren't a hint, they were an aside.

Shinji Ikari
>kind and gentle
>insecure
>low opinion of himself
>he's very cowardly but also very courageous
>desires intimacy, afraid of intimacy

People will easily see Shinji is something. Now pat out the flames on your ass and think clearly, because there aren't any straws here for you to grasp.
>>
>>134929443
>>kind and gentle
Which is why he becomes the Tokyo3 strangler right? Come on.
>>
File: 010456.png (278 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
010456.png
278 KB, 400x400
An uninteresting, dumb, selfish little girl.
>>
>>134923169
PUSSY
>>
She's responsible for giving birth to "homur did nothing wrong meme"
>>
>>134923169
Disgusting
>>
>>134929721
Just like the girl you posted
>>
>>134930136
Renge wasn't the protagonist of a drama.
>>
>>134930244
Dumb and selfish can generally work in drama. Uninteresting not so much.
>>
File: RightAgeRenge.jpg (202 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
RightAgeRenge.jpg
202 KB, 1440x810
>>134930136

m8

renge's a semen demon, hardly what i would call uninteresting.
>>
>>134930349
Sure if you want a show that's as bad as it is frustrating to watch.

The most important thing is for them to at least be sympathetic or relate-able
>>
>>134930416
>Sure if you want a show that's as bad as it is frustrating to watch.
You're one of those people who hates a show because the main character is "annoying" aren't you?
>>
>>134925175
>Misaka
>not kind-hearted, indecisive, self-sacrificing and insecure
>>
>>134930543
You're acting as if that's not a valid reason to hate a show.
>>
>>134930678
It isn't.
>>
>>134930751
And why not?
>>
>>134923169
Extremely naive and trusting. Good will personified. Generic airhead good girl.
>>
>>134930764
Because if you have the proper mindset toward viewing of entertainment works, no character can annoy you short of screaming constantly perhaps.
>>
There is one God, and Sayaka-chan is her prophet.
>>
>>134930855
So I'm watching things wrong? Is that what you're saying? Do you know how dumb that is?
>>
>>134930904
Do you know how dumb it is to get annoyed at a fictional human?
>>
>>134930983
No.
>>
>>134930855
>the proper mindset
I'm too curious to not ask what you think the proper mindset is.
>>
>>134923169
She's a jew. A PINK JEW
>>
>>134931065
All characters are puppets of the author and dance to his tune. If they behave in ways you do not agree with or in ways you would not behave, this is not annoying, even if they are the main character. It is rather a chance to think about how people with perspectives different than yours might behave in hypothetical situations.
>>
>>134931076
A pink one?
>>
File: 1438859062973.jpg (83 KB, 450x410) Image search: [Google]
1438859062973.jpg
83 KB, 450x410
>>134931197
At least she isn't a white jew. Those jews steal souls.
>>
>>134931190
>All characters are puppets of the author and dance to his tune.
Right.

>If they behave in ways you do not agree with or in ways you would not behave, this is not annoying, even if they are the main character.
Wait why

>It is rather a chance to think about how people with perspectives different than yours might behave in hypothetical situations.
That doesn't mean the result of such perspectives can't be annoying.
>>
>>134931190
What if the author isn't doing their job. Giving characters flimsy motivations, and having them make actions that don't make any sense.

Watch Ga-rei if you don't know what I mean.
>>
>>134931259
>Wait why
Because you must consider the ultimate end of forcing out diverse character types towards only types who behave in ways you agree with. It leads to a much less diverse and interesting range of possibilities in fiction. Sure, I may not like that Shinji doesn't want to get into the mech and blow shit up, but it actually is used to create an interesting character drama and internal conflict within the person of Shinji.

>That doesn't mean the result of such perspectives can't be annoying.
What results would you consider annoying? Sometimes autonomous reactions one will find annoying. Like if a character is constantly crying it can get on your nerves because humans have been conditioned to find such a sound annoying. So that is an example where one really couldn't help it.

>>134931414
>What if the author isn't doing their job. Giving characters flimsy motivations, and having them make actions that don't make any sense.
Then that's an intellectual flaw in the work. I wouldn't say that annoys me, rather I would just mark off the work as having flaws in its writing and storytelling and would consider dropping it if they got too extreme. I suppose it might annoy someone but really one is letting a flawed work dig into oneself too much if that is the case; just let it go and drop it if it is really bad.
>>
>>134931565
So you agree with me. Characters can be frustrating to have on screen.

You just said it verbosely and pretentiously.
>>
>>134931966
I don't really think I did except in the case where it is an autonomous reaction.
>>
>>134932001
Everything, you did.

Authors can miss the mark, and you have to consider autonomous reaction when you're writing.

If you're really serious about writing, you would know that you're manipulating your audience as well as your character.
>>
>>134931565
>What results would you consider annoying?
Let's take the Shinji robot thing. The mere act of him not wanting to get in the robot is not annoying, but continuing to complain about the robot and/or getting in said robot for twenty episodes can be grating.

For my part, annoyance is usually born out of repetition.

But really, >>134931966 is right. You fully admit to there being circumstances where characters can be annoying.
>>
>>134932107
>Authors can miss the mark
And I said that results in intellectual flaws. If it flat out annoys you that a character is given an illogical motive you are taking the work too seriously and should just drop it.

>you have to consider autonomous reaction when you're writing.
Only a tiny fraction of characters can cause an autonomous annoyance response. It's basically just characters crying a ton or screaming a ton. And that in and of itself only works for anime, since manga doesn't have an audio component.

>>134932353
>but continuing to complain about the robot and/or getting in said robot for twenty episodes can be grating.
Yet if you were to look at it another way, each of those is the author bringing up that point again in order for more character study of Shinji's internal conflict. You wouldn't find it annoying when the series has the angels repetitively attacking every few eps (the external conflict), so why find it annoying when the INTERNAL conflict is brought up every few eps? Probably just a sign you don't care about the internal conflict--in which case there are plenty of mech shows out there that don't have said internal conflict for you.

>You fully admit to there being circumstances where characters can be annoying.

You and he ignore a needed qualifier that was in my initial statement: "if you have the proper mindset toward viewing of entertainment works"

My responses are meant to show instances where someone is annoyed because he or she is not taking on the proper mindset.

Annoyed because a character does things you don't like? Don't be. It is a learning experience about hypotheticals and people different from you.
Annoyed because a character has an illogical motivation? Don't be. The work is flawed. Drop the work.
>>
>>134932756
Okay so you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. We's done here.
>>
File: madoka upset.jpg (43 KB, 294x266) Image search: [Google]
madoka upset.jpg
43 KB, 294x266
This is retarded
>>
>>134932963
Meguca cannot handle complex discussion. Meguca can only be happy! or sad!
>>
>>134932899
This is about the most obvious hasty retreat I've seen on these boards. At least try to understand him or agree to disagree.
>>
>>134932999
"Complex" can still be retarded.
>>
Does Hibiki remind anyone of Madoka?
>>
>>134933047
I've listened to him for a while now. It's not hasty, but his don't like it don't watch it mentality is missing the point entirely. I say his, but I mean yours.
>>
>>134933157
The point is to shift your way of watching anime to a more healthy way rather than a way where you can be annoyed. Instead of suffering through being "annoyed" at an illogical motive, drop the series. Or accept the character. I accepted Slaine.
>>
>>134932756
>You wouldn't find it annoying when the series has the angels repetitively attacking every few eps
The same angels? Doing the same thing? Yes, I would. Forget that, I was bored with a lot of angels in Evangelion, and they were largely unique from each other.

>Annoyed because a character has an illogical motivation? Don't be. The work is flawed. Drop the work.
But you're still annoyed. Enough to drop the work.

All you're doing is starting with an exaggerated and inflammatory premise - "no character can annoy you short of screaming constantly" - and following up with your personal soapbox about people not being open to alternate mindsets. I think it is you who is close-minded about what can and can't annoy different people.
>>
File: 02991_122704.jpg (58 KB, 400x356) Image search: [Google]
02991_122704.jpg
58 KB, 400x356
>>134923169
very sick in the brain
disgusting lesbian filth
but at the same time, precious

those incredibly depraved doujins featuring her and homura provide a journey most excellent and a wank one could only describe as radical to the max
>>
>>134933442
>Homura finds a role in her new universe as an arms dealer
>>
>>134933383

You can't dictate how people watch thing. There is no "healthy way of watching something."

Being ignorant or accepting of a show's shortcomings is fine, you can't say that it's an illogical response to be annoyed. Or that a work isn't critically flawed because of it.
>>
>>134933404
>The same angels? Doing the same thing? Yes, I would.
No, you wouldn't find it annoying, you would find it boring. And many shows are like this. Eva is just one where the enemies vary between them. But many series are just the same type of enemy over and over again.

>But you're still annoyed. Enough to drop the work.
I said "don't be." INSTEAD of getting annoyed at the work, drop it.

>and following up with your personal soapbox about people not being open to alternate mindsets. I think it is you who is close-minded about what can and can't annoy different people.
Classic tu quoque argument.

>>134933645
>You can't dictate how people watch thing. There is no "healthy way of watching something."
Being annoyed is not healthy. It leads to increased heart disease risk. Don't be annoyed by fictional characters, shift your perspectives on anime watching today!

>you can't say that it's an illogical response to be annoyed.

I didn't say that it was an illogical response. I said you should however want to correct that response to be able to better enjoy shows you watch or more quickly get rid of shows which annoy you.

>Or that a work isn't critically flawed because of it.

You're putting the cart before the horse. The critical flaws (illogical motivation) we discussed lead to the annoyance. A work is not critically flawed because it annoys you.
>>
>>134933769
>the last bit of drivel you spewed
When was the argument anything otherwise?

If we're looking at works objectively, that'd be the issue wouldn't it?

Still, you're telling people how they would feel. How does that work exactly?
>>
>>134933769
>No, you wouldn't find it annoying, you would find it boring.
How can you possibly determine what emotions I would feel?

>I said "don't be." INSTEAD of getting annoyed at the work, drop it.
So I should pre-emptively know when I am going to get annoyed and drop it then? Do I need three crack babies and a pool?

>Classic tu quoque argument.
I'm starting to think that you're just funning me, now.
>>
>>134933927
"Critical flaw" is an objective thing, like something not making any sense in a series that is not parody or comedy. Something annoying you just means it's a negative element to you, which is subjective.

>Still, you're telling people how they would feel. How does that work exactly?

Believe it or not you can change how you feel by avoiding negative stimuli or thinking about things differently. This is how optimists and pessimists exist. They see the same things but react differently due to their thought patterns.

>>134934024
>How can you possibly determine what emotions I would feel?
Because repetitive action is typically classed as boring, not annoying. But hey maybe you're not neurotypical.

>So I should pre-emptively know when I am going to get annoyed and drop it then?
As soon as you see the character exhibit behavior you know will be annoying, close the video player. I guarantee it takes awhile for the chemicals which cause annoyance to seep in and it takes a little while for them to be released. You just need to preempt their release.
>>
>>134934346

Are you an idiot?
>>
>>134934387
/a/'s debate skills, ladies and gents.
>>
Made of pure sex. The kind of girl that did nothing wrong.
>>
>>134923169
melon
>>
>>134934465
You're talking about Homura, right?
>>
>>134934441
It's not a debate, not anymore. It's just a venue to spew your idiocy, and lack of understanding.

Normal day on /a/ I suppose.
>>
>>134934524
Respond to reasoned arguments with venom and insults. A normal day on /a/.
>>
>>134934387
He just called me autistic for not feeling emotions he'd expect, so probably.
>>
>>134934484
but of course anon
>>
>>134934584
Reason arguments is a bit of a stretch though. I mean if reasoned arguments in your world mean, "the incoherent and uneducated ramblings of an unknown, unnamed autistic man." Then yeah.
>>
>>134934669
There you go again
>>
>>134934756
I do go again. Is this turned based? Or are you just gonna sit there like a deer caught in the headlights of a pickup truck and act offended, like it matters on /a/ of all places?

Yeah, here I go again.
>>
>Anime
>Good characters

Madoka just took off because of it's grim dark cute gimmick
>>
>>134935481
Is that the same reason Yuuki Yuuna took off? Or was that the big titted wheelchair lesbian?
>>
>>134923169
>Describe yourselves without mentioning what you look like, what you wear or what your profession or role in the society you have

>inb4 that's 60% of males in his 20's all around the world
>>
>>134923169
Character assassinated character who never loved Homura.
>>
>>134923169
Cutest girl, second best girl, member of my harem. Her father stays at home while her mother is the one who works. She also has a baby brother.
>>
>>134935522
Judging it at face value it has a typical moe design which hooks the otaku market getting guaranteed shekels.
>>
File: 1450484236176.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450484236176.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>134935754
Yeah, madoka is a container for my cum.
>>
File: 1450383386774.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450383386774.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
>>134935787
>>
File: 1439552597587.jpg (66 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
1439552597587.jpg
66 KB, 500x638
>>134935754
>>
>>134935808
Just two. A brown one and one on a snake. And Madoka's got her mouth on either or both.
>>
File: philosophical.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
philosophical.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>134935812
>>
Strong. Self confident. Can hold her own in a fight. Doesn't need a man to save her. Except when she's on her period. Then she needs a man to save her.
>>
>>134925364
She's a clone you nitwit.
>>
generic
>>
>>134923169
Okay let me give it a shot.

Plain, forgotten, takes on trends too late or gets into them too far, easily upset, gets depressed often, self depreciating, somewhat responsible, over shadowed by family, consistent, determined, funny, degected.
>>
>>134935894
Speaking of Asano:
http://animetics.net/2015/12/18/asano-inio-on-madoka-magica/
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.