[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite thing about Eva? Mine is that the characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: evangelion.jpg (14 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
evangelion.jpg
14 KB, 284x178
What is your favorite thing about Eva?

Mine is that the characters go to school like they're normal kids even though they pilot robots to save the world. it is surreal and fantastic.
>>
>>134914750
How about the contrast between science and the angels?

At least that doesn't sound as boring and stupid.
>>
Rei
>>
File: Misato.jpg (61 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Misato.jpg
61 KB, 550x550
>>134914750
There isn't one favorite thing.
1. How it uses almost all it's elements to talk about personal barriers and escapism.
2. The narrative with it's puzzle-like structure. You get the elements of the plot and you put a large chunck of it together yourself. Adding a level of interactivity which isn't an inherent aspect of the medium.
2. The setting and lore itself. Surreal looking entities which have a tied origin to humanity itself. An illuminati-like organization that surrounds these entities and interpets them through their fanatical and occult ideas. Bio-mechanical creatures created which are infused with the souls of dead women etc. It's pretty damn crazy and creative.
4. The whole visual direction. Ranging from the surreal and sometimes plain disturbing designs, the spectacular shot composition. The imagery which sometimes provide a lot more information than just the dialogue and actions of the characters, even serves to contrast it. The animated sequences and fights, when there's animation it's really amazing.
5. The characters. Not only just their well crafted personalities and their relations to each other. How we find about them more and more first through what we see on the surface through their interactions, then through their action and ultimately through the visualized streams of consciousness. It's also interesting how the setting is used to provide those.

Art can speak to the mind, heart and eyes. Which I think Evangelion found a perfect balance of through the story and lore, characters and visual direction respectively.

P.S.
6. Rewatch value. There's just so much to catch out the second time around especially if like me you didn't really know how to grasp more complex narratives and read imagery the first time. There's also so much you can only catch out on the second time, makes you realize how well crafted the show is. Turned an 8/10 into a 10/10 show for me.
7. Misato best girl.
>>
Instrumentality and Third Impact. It's such a well done seen and usually makes me tear up.

>tfw years almost over and it still hasn't happened
>>
File: 1428988127072.png (442 KB, 498x713) Image search: [Google]
1428988127072.png
442 KB, 498x713
>>134915538
Yeah, it seems we missed Second Impact altogether. Welcome to our bad end universe where nothing really remarkable happens.
>>
>>134915482
Good post, friend.
>>
>>134915482
This is a good post. Especially point 7.
>>
>>134914750
I honestly really liked how the robots in this show operate
>Super robots who uses guns and have plug-in cords and have bright color schemes

I also like how they're not really robots and that stick-figure like, "sleek" design
>>
File: but thats wrong.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
but thats wrong.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>134915898
>>
File: Misato 3.jpg (102 KB, 1024x1656) Image search: [Google]
Misato 3.jpg
102 KB, 1024x1656
>>134915709
>>134915898
Thank you, I know.
>>
>>134915956
Damn, I was going to add that here too:>>134915482

I don't like most mecha designs cause they're kind of too box-like and make them look like transformers. Evas look really organic and when they're animated they look amazing.

Are their any other shows with mechas designed like that?
>>
File: Rei Smile.jpg (434 KB, 895x1280) Image search: [Google]
Rei Smile.jpg
434 KB, 895x1280
>>134914750
>What is your favorite thing about Eva?
This.
>>
>>134915482
>two point 2

dropped
>>
>>134914750
Its ballsiness.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.