[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/tant here. Just finished The Tatami Galaxy and thought it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: The Tatami Galaxy.jpg (592 KB, 1617x2037) Image search: [Google]
The Tatami Galaxy.jpg
592 KB, 1617x2037
/mu/tant here.
Just finished The Tatami Galaxy and thought it was phenomenal. What do you guys think of it?
>>
>>134856373
Top tier show, but good luck getting any meaningful discussion about it here before the pretentiousfags show up.
>>
>>134856373
its hipster shit the show tries to be deep but fails
>>
>>134856373
I'm surprised the fast paced dialogue didn't put you off like it does the average viewer
>>
>>134856557
Yeah, this sounds like the logical complaint to have. It requires a lot of attention and is still hard to keep up with. But whatever, the dialog is incredibly and the translations are good.
>>134856537
Shhhh
>>
I'm watching Uchouten Kazoku right now by the same author. It's pretty interesting but not nearly as entertaining as Tatami Galaxy. Not sure who deserves the most credit for this show being as good as it is, the author or the director. Also AnCo is shit.
>>
>>134856775
Are there any other good animes which are similar to it? I've heard Paprika is pretty good.
>AnCo is shit
Some is good, some is bad. I like Strawberry Jam a lot. Overall, pretty overhyped but still fun.
>>
File: happy dey.gif (2 MB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
happy dey.gif
2 MB, 640x427
>>134856775
I can't speak to the author but, Yuasa's stuff seems to be fairly consistent in quality.
At least for Kaiba and his part in Genius Party
>>
>>134856881
Secretly everyone really likes all of Yuasa's shows. However they're pretty diverse as far as the stories go, aside from Mind Game being very similar. I really wish it was on Blu-Ray.
>>
File: 1447750734015.jpg (39 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1447750734015.jpg
39 KB, 510x346
I thought it was a pretty show
I should re-watch it because I honestly don't remember the whole idea behind it.
Like he was trying to fall in love with this girl right and then everything about the tatami or whatever

Yea, it was a real pretty show.
>>
>>134856373
One of my favorite Anime series. Most people here like it but most Tatami Galaxy threads get a lot of shit posting.

>>134856775
>>134856881
Feels, Strawberry Jam, and MWPP are all god tier. Their other stuff is kind of meh. Really looking forward to Painting With though.
>>
>>134856881
Is Paprika similar to Tatami Galaxy, though? It's been so long since I watched both. I don't remember it being similar at all.
>>
A true masterpiece. Unlike NGE.
>>
>>134857555
Maybe not. I haven't gotten around to Paprika yet, but those seems to be "artsy" anime and I got them both recommended to me together.
>>134857526
Replace MPP with Here Comes the Indian and you've got it ;) Painting With seems like it'll be MPP 2.0. Too much Florida and not enough Dada though
>>
>>134857665
>;)
Has /mu/ really gotten this bad?
Why are people still responding to this faggot?
>>
>>134857698
It's post-retro neo-ironic reconstructivism, you nerd
>>
>>134856557
I never understood this complaint honestly, guess I must be a fast reader.

It's my favorite anime, the sixth episode in particular might just be my favorite episode of anything ever.
>>
>>134857746
I'm going to kill myself solely because of this post.
Thanks.
>>
I liked it a lot, the animation was great, and loved the whole idea of "quit wishing this or that happened and just act on what's in front of you."
At least that's what I got out of it.
Also the English Club was hilarious, I loved that episode.
>>
>>134857751
>I never understood this complaint honestly, guess I must be a fast reader.
It annoyed me a little at first but I got used to it really quickly. It sucks that there are people who have dropped this show without giving it a proper chance because of the speed.
>>
5/10 show till the last two episodes, from then it went to 10/10. One of the rare shows that warrant, "finish it before you say anything".
>>
>>134857665
Jesus fuck, are all of you talking like faggots or just a select few? Watching a show because of it having the artsy label slapped on it instead of just watching it because it has an interesting story and message to tell.
>>
>>134857506
If I remember correctly, it's about alienation as a result of striving for the idealized, correct way of (campus) life. The perpetual cycle is one kind of 'bad infinite' which traps you into perpetually desiring the moon by catching its reflection on the water. Almost, always there, but never there.

The 'I' there is one lucky bunch. Usually, people settle by constructing their own tatami mats inside their own mind. He can settle 'there', being-there. I don't agree with the conclusion of this show in that regards. What if the greatest illusion is exactly that, that is to settle with people closest to you, only paying attention to authentic immediacy whatsoever?

Of course, I could be wrong. I watched it like, I don't know when it aired the first time, and re-watched it like a year or two after it aired.
>>
>>134857843
That's odd. I found the first 10 episodes to be almost perfectly executed, and thought the last two were a bit too in your face with the messages of the show, which I thought were extremely obvious.
That said, the last two episodes are still fantastic, just not as fantastic as the first 10.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-17+at+12.13.54).png (1 KB, 202x18) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-17+at+12.13.54).png
1 KB, 202x18
>>134857939
>>
>>134857939
Have you ever gone to college? Back in those days I had the same thoughts, how the everyday I shared with other people were boring and never as fun as the ideal I had in my mind. Even after my uni years, I felt the same. So you can say I related to the character more start to finish. The moral really hit me, and got me thinking, well shit, it was actually quite enjoyable even if it wasn´t that ideal rose-coloured college life I had dreamed of. Also there are only 11 episodes of the show champ.
>>
>>134858092
>>134857939
lel
>>
>>134858092
Gah, shit, I thought it was 12. Sorry.

>>134858121
Yes, I have been in college, and feel much the same way. I still liked the last two episodes, I just though the message of just being okay with your life was pretty clear even without it being explicitly explained.
>>
>>134857939
I feel somewhat similarly towards the last episode, but the penultimate episode along with the sixth were easily the best in my opinion.
>>
>>134858179
Seems it wasn´t clear enough though, at least for you. The message was actually not being "okay" with your life.

Make the most out of the present, even the small things might become something you will cherish later on in life, the annoying, the weird and the normal, because before you know it, they will pass you by.
>>
>>134856373
>Just finished
>>134858121
>>134858092
So what anime did you watch?
>>
>>134858352
When I said "be okay" I just meant accepting life as it is and not worrying so much about being bogged down in "what ifs". I definitely understood the show.
>>
>>134856373
its one of my favorite animes.
great animation, good characters, good comedy but it also have drama. i also felt a lot of empaty with the main character.
but the thing that i really highlight about this anime is how the story its told: its not a linear story that goes from a to b. is a to b over and over, the repetition is what make this story flows.its also fun and unique how you get to know a lot of details about the characters due to the desitions of the main character in the different time-spaces. as i always said: i enjoy any form of art that makes me ask "what is going to happend next?" "what is this about?" and this anime does that.
>>
>>134856373
My favorite series. As a /mu/tant, I'm sure you appreciated the stellar soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlUHfx9aS2k
>>
File: 144803818291.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1083) Image search: [Google]
144803818291.jpg
374 KB, 1920x1083
>>134856373
It's my favorite anime of all time. Have a wallpaper, anon.
>>
>>134856373
Also here, have a Tatami fanart collection
https://imgur.com/a/mVrWq
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.