[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Saber always job her way through the series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 20
File: 2309423094324.jpg (1008 KB, 1688x1196) Image search: [Google]
2309423094324.jpg
1008 KB, 1688x1196
Why does Saber always job her way through the series?
>>
File: 123547865.jpg (102 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
123547865.jpg
102 KB, 800x600
Seiba thread?
>>
File: 1275634367644.jpg (181 KB, 480x695) Image search: [Google]
1275634367644.jpg
181 KB, 480x695
>>
>>
a slut if you ask me.
pure maiden like her shouldn't be fucked by a teenager. that fucking piss me off, droped the vn for this
>>
File: 1282330442723.jpg (139 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1282330442723.jpg
139 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>
File: 11451996796852bc.jpg (87 KB, 562x800) Image search: [Google]
11451996796852bc.jpg
87 KB, 562x800
>>
She spends too much energy having sex with me to fight at full power
>>
>>
File: 242342.jpg (89 KB, 1010x758) Image search: [Google]
242342.jpg
89 KB, 1010x758
>>
File: 1435812902977.png (1 MB, 558x1705) Image search: [Google]
1435812902977.png
1 MB, 558x1705
>>134841820
>pitched "the strongest Servant"
>starts as a protagonist in each route
>isn't a LN fantasy self-insert character

These traits demand that she job for the sake of the story flow and building up antagonists. As for in-universe reasons, her contract with Shirou is "flawed" and thus she's running on a finite reserve of mana and can't go all out in battle.

Note that any time her pact gets stolen and she gains access to free mana something else comes up in the plot to restrict her actions (refusal to obey Caster, Archer's hostage taking, etc.), since an antagonistic Saber going all out against Shirou and friends would similarly end the story prematurely.
>>
>>134841820

Can someone please explain this characters appeal? She seem's to be something akin to the Golden Ratio of manga and anime.
>>
>>134841820
because she PLEASES BLACK BULLS FOR C U C K O L D I N G
>>
She jobbed so self insert fags can pretend their redhead teenage boy is useful.

If she wasn't so nerfed by retarded reasons, she would tell Shirou to stay in the kitchen all the time.
>>
>>134843866
Then why does she still job in F/Z when said red head isn't involved in the story at all nor nerfed?
>>
Saber is a horrible Servant when she has no mana, stat capped by the grail, and does not possess any of her NPs.
She is stuck with a shitty sword she does not posses the Mana to actually use, and her literal best skill is fucking air magic.
>>
>>134843971
She doesn't job at all.

She kills off Caster and Berserk, defeats Iskandar and was defeating Lancer before Kiritsugu went full retard.
>>
>>134841820
I don't get why she is so popular. Her whole point is being so perfect and boring that even her citizens started to hate her. Probably for fat otaku virgins is enough to make a blonde little girl to make the character appealing
>>
>>134844077
*Berserker.

You know. JETS.
>>
>>134844089
Because the other options is boring generic tsundere who has no interesting struggle or backstory and pity me rape victim.

Saber looks like a flawless diamond when contrasted to Rin and Sakura. Even Illya, best girl, agrees.
>>
>>134844089
She wasn't boring. She was just flawless and inhuman.
>>
>>134844077
HAH saberfags in denial.
>Caster
Rider and Lancer helped too and Lancer finished him
>Berserk
He was totally rekting her, she won just because his master died before Berserk could land the finishing blow
>Iskandar
He even said that saber wasn't worth more than his chariot
>Lancer
what makes you think that she was winning? Once again you are a saberfag
>>
>>134844077
Fucking this. It's actually one of the good things to come at out Fate/Zero since we actually get to see her show off more.
>>
>>134844234
>Rider and Lancer helped too and Lancer finished him

Are you a retard? She BTFO Caster with Excalibur. All Lancer did was ungimp her and Rider didn't do much but buy Lancer time to ungimp Saber. That's fucking it.

>He was totally rekting her

No, Saber was rekting him until he revealed who he was and she lost her will to fight him. In the end, she decided to fuck it and go for the kill. One Excaliblast and he's done for. LANCELOT admitted nobody in the Round Table was a real match for Arturia who is like a god in her prime form. Go read Garden of Avalon. He's a fanboy.

>He even said that saber wasn't worth more than his chariot

He got his bum kicked when he was trying to prove himself and best her. He had to save his last phantasm to Gilgamesh out of a promise and Saber left because she wasn't interested to fight him. She ALSO won the race.

>what makes you think that she was winning?

Did you read their fight? She WAS winning.
>>
>>134844261
There are other works that show her off like Fate/Labyrinth although is more comedy, where she is Manaka's Servant.

Anyway the FSN jobbing is basically to make Shirou useful. Arthur was 'nerfed' by having Ayaka as Master yet he jobbed but if Arturia didn't, she'll make Shirou, the self insert, look bad.
>>
>>134844232
Yeah she's a fucking robot that acts always the same way (JUSTICEEEE). A totally predictable and already seen character IS boring.
>>134844150
The fact that rin and sakura sucks doesn't make saber decent anyway. I really prefer girls like Illya, Rider or even Caster, they are not totally white like saber
>>
The point of her is that she's the strongest servant out there and the only reason she doesn't win is because of her master being incompetent. This hypes up Gilgamesh even more.

Imagine Shirou had Berserker or Rider, for him it'd be the same as not having a servant.
>>
>>134844638

Saber is interesting as character enough to me. Not the best, but she's certainly not shitty. I prefer her without the romantic subplot. She's basically a female, knight/king version of Archer and Kiritsugu: an idealistic idiot who wanted everybody to be happy, tossed her humanity for others and got betrayed in the end. I find her interesting, but I also like Illya and Caster (Rider has zero personality to me).
>>
Hnng, why is seiba always so cute and regal?
>>
>>134844690
Berserker after Gilgamesh is the strongest servant of the war, in the first route he totally ovewhelmed Saber. in UBW she managed to match him because of the terrain and with a bit of help from Archer. At the end they defeated him because Nasu is a fucking hack and made him too strong.
Also Rider is not that bad as a servant, she is quite strong if used correctly and with a master that gives her a decent amount of mana
>>
>>134842938
Literally Takeuchi's wet dream
>>
>>134844892
>Berserker after Gilgamesh is the strongest servant of the war, in the first route he totally ovewhelmed Saber

No, Saber is the strongest Servant. They made sure to put in UBW that Saber with a competent master can one shot Berserker. Because Excalibur would take all his life if she wants.

Due to stronger mystery bullshit.
>>
>>134844892
Berserker would kill him m8. Remember what happenned to Kariya when he summonned him, and Shirou's even weaker than him at magic.

And he wouldn't have enough mana for Rider.
>>
File: Fate_Swag.jpg (68 KB, 544x870) Image search: [Google]
Fate_Swag.jpg
68 KB, 544x870
>>134844892
Stats:
Berserker > Saber > Lancer > Gil > the rest

Skill:
Fake Assassin > Lancer > Saber > Herc > the rest

Ability:
Caster > Garchar > The rest

NP, general:
Caliburns scabbard > UBW(the entire skill, not the World Egg) > Gil > The rest

NP, Single target:
Lancer > Kojiro > the rest
>>
>>134845219
>Skill
>Lancer > Saber
kek
>>
>>134845295
Going by how hard Arthuia is carried by that Sheat? Yes, it works like that.
>>
>>134841820
shit masters.
>>
>>134841820
they don't want her to be over powered...
>>
File: 1432422270964.png (255 KB, 637x624) Image search: [Google]
1432422270964.png
255 KB, 637x624
>>134845219
>Caliburns scabbard
>>
>>134845327
>Arthuia is carried by that Sheat
What the fuck are you talking about?
Learn how to write you fucking spic.
>>
File: 9heQFoR.jpg (260 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
9heQFoR.jpg
260 KB, 1919x1079
>>134845327
She doesn't have the sheath at all in Fate/Zero and not for most of F/SN either.
>>
i'd like to see how they make joan of arc. how crazy would they make her? would she be psychic or just nuts? what class would she fall under, they have a tendency to go with odd ideas in that regard?
>>
>>134844932
It's just bullshit, I mean, the whole point of berserker is that if you kill him in a way you can't do it again in that same manner, that's why the only servant that can take him down is gilgamesh. Also what the fuck means that excalibur can take all his lives??? He dies and then regenerates, it's not like he dies so hard that he dies 7 times. Nasu a hack.
>>134845219
People tend to forgot that the STRONGEST servant is supposed to be Gilgamesh, really, have someone read the VN?
They always win by luck, gilgamesh can even summon a stronger version of excalibur and his armor can defend him from it's blow. He had several occasions to kill Saber and the others, too bad that he wasted them all until they had a single good chance.
>>
>>134845327
Lancer couldn't get through Saber's guard without his NP. So much for "better skill".
>>
File: 1399902718249.jpg (251 KB, 900x810) Image search: [Google]
1399902718249.jpg
251 KB, 900x810
>>134845219
>UBW better than Gate of Babylon
>>
>>134845518
>They always win by luck
Overconfidence and arrogance are not "luck" they are fatal character flaws. Gil is the King of Jobbers for this reason. He's overpowered as hell and wins every fight except the most important one in the story, because he just can't be assed to give a fuck and actually try when it matters.
>>
File: Laughing_tiger.jpg (30 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_tiger.jpg
30 KB, 500x322
>>134845491
Image how it would have went with the sheat
1. She kills/cripples Lancer in the first encounter, due it granting her immunity bypassing regeneration
2. She has infinite mana, so any mana managment forcing her into the defensive war goes straight out the window

Then again, Uro did actually do his research. There is a reason to put the scabbard into the pretend master. But if she knew it was there, she could still use it.

>>134845518
>Rock paper scizzor with legendary heroes built of bullshit
>The strongest even exists
>>
>>134844906
and mine
>>
>>134845578
The entire of UBW is far superior to GoB.
Free reinforcement. Free analyze. Free alteration.
The core ability looks like Projection, but isn't that at all, its world egg object.

It basically grants Shirou 7 very strong magecrafts for free. GoB is pretty shit compared to that.
>>
>>134845722
It's not true, GoB already contains all the prototypes of the strongest NPs, UBW no, Shirou was lucky because with his projection he could copy them, otherwise it's not that strong.
>>
>>134845578
UBW for versatility, GoB for raw power.
>>
>>134845825
>GoB contains 1 of every NP, if its man made along its theoretical prototype or blueprint stage
>UBW contains INFINITE copies of everything
>>
>>134845825
According to Nasu, Archer has some degraded Noble Phantasms with similar performance to Excalibur and Ea inside UBW. That's pretty strong if you ask me.
And according to the VN, it can go up to rank A++, just like GoB and Excalibur.
>>
>>134844872
>cute
Yeah

>regal
Never got that impression, she honestly doesn't have any charisma.
>>
>>134845219
>Stats: Berserker > Saber > Lancer > Gil > the rest
This is the only one that's right, because it's not really arguable since the stats are there to see.
>Skill: Fake Assassin > Lancer > Saber > Herc > the rest
Wrong. Fake Assassin > Saber > Lancer = Archer > Herc > the rest.

Saber only beat Fake Assassin due to sheer difference in power, his skill was above hers as a swordsman. She outclassed Lancer in skill so much he he couldn't get through her guard without using his NP. Lancer and Archer fight pretty evenly and Archer meets Lancer's NP with a NP of his own, so I'd say they are roughly equal in ability. Herc would be much higher probably if he wasn't crazed, but even without reason his innate fighting ability is formidable.

>Ability: Caster > Garchar > The rest
The fuck does this mean? Magic skill? Why give it such a vague title? Lancer would undoubtedly be above Archer if so.

>NP, general: Caliburns scabbard > UBW(the entire skill, not the World Egg) > Gil > The rest
It's: Avalon > GoB > God Hand > Unlimited Blade Works > the rest
Gate of Babylon is the most broken non-bullshit NP. Avalon is straight up hax, literally idiot proof NP. GoB and God Hand are both so absurdly broken the only way to nerf them is to nerf the hero (make Gil a twat and Herc insane). UBW is strong, but it's not better than GoB just because it counters it.

NP, Single target: Lancer > Kojiro > the rest
Why even make a separate category for this?
>>
>>134845902
>>134845927
So probably it's just that Gilgamehs doesn't need mana to throw them while Archer does. That's because he needed Rin's mana. Otherwise I can't explain why Gilgamesh is so fucking OP while Archer is a mid tier servant at best
>>
File: Saber90288.jpg (147 KB, 400x907) Image search: [Google]
Saber90288.jpg
147 KB, 400x907
>>
File: Lancer_fate_Gay_Bulge.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Lancer_fate_Gay_Bulge.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>134845988
>She outclassed Lancer in skill so much he he couldn't get through her guard without using his NP.
That isn't much of a feat with higher stats.

Nor is Archer actually that high, since his main ability to survive comes from a Skill, and copycating combat styles combined with reading the enemy combat style.
Just like Saber needs to abuse her instinct to not die to the advancement of the plot.

>>134846024
>Garchar
>Only mid tier servant
kek
There is a reason he spends Stay Night as a cripple, and died midway.
Or why he steals the entire of UBW as a route.
Or how hard he carries Shirou in Heavens Feel.
>>
>>134846024
Archer's copies aren't perfect. Because of that they break constantly and will always fail to measure up in power to the original. Also he can only copy things he's personally seen. But once he has seen them he can reproduce them infinitely using UBW. But this all uses up mana. Far less mana than it should, granted, but still it is a tiring process.

Meanwhile Gil has literally everything. He has weapons Archer has never even heard of, let alone seen, and they are all stronger than any copy Archer could make, and he can summon and use them at almost no expense on his part. And then as a last resort he has his ultimate bullshit: Ea.

Archer is very powerful, but the limitations of his mana and arsenal and his capacity to use them are what holds him back from being OP.
>>
>>134846207
Mass produced shitty NP which barely do their job > 1 good legendary NP
It comes down to this, and nothing more.
Bonus points for being altered to do their job, and then breaking, or breaking them during use to increase their potency.
Or going all in for a 1 time use of a permanent noble phantasm.
>>
>>134845988
Finally this guy gets it. Gob and God hand are crazy strong, in every route gilgamesh has at least 2 or 3 occasion to fuck everyone but everytime he retires because of stupid reasons and God hand with the fact that the user can't be killed twice needs at least someone with 12 rank A NP, that's crazy.
Still I don't get it, Avalon coul Block EA just for a little time, if gilgamesh knew about it probably he could even manage to outsmart Saber by using some defensive NP while Avalon is on and then go all in with EA
>>
>>134845331
pretty much this.
Everyone in the 5th War except the teacher would have been a better master than Shirou
and in Zero she basically didn't even have a master.
>>
>>134846198
>That isn't much of a feat with higher stats.
Lancer and Saber both had B-rank strength, and Lancer had A-rank agility while Saber's agility was merely C-rank. Explain to me again how she outfought Lancer because of "muh stats"?

The only stats Saber had over Lancer were luck, mana, and Noble Phantasm.

And yet he couldn't outfight her, and was forced to resort to his NP.

>Nor is Archer actually that high, since his main ability to survive comes from a Skill, and copycating combat styles
He doesn't copycat fighting styles though, he developed his own fighting style that he uses with Kanshou and Bakuya. And he managed to fight Lancer to a total standstill, who, again, has rank A agility and rank B strength, both WAY higher than Archer's.
>>
>>134844932

Wrong, Berserker himself is confident that even a full power Excalibur cannot take all his lives in the Fate route.
>>
File: FSN_Fate_Clamp.jpg (997 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
FSN_Fate_Clamp.jpg
997 KB, 960x1280
>>134845988
>>134846328
>A ability which only lets you attack is ranked higher than a ability which lets you attack and read the enemy defense
>All these secondaries not knowing that Gil's ability to read shit is not a part of GoB

>>134846376
Read up on what Prana burst is. She could have E rank stats for all she cared, if she could use her Prana burst.
>>
>>134846338
It was said that Saber it's a fighting servant, having someone that gives her mana it's well enough for her, so in Zero she had no problems. She even had Iri to heal her, who else did you expect for Saber?
>>
>>134846428
>Read up on what Prana burst is.
I know what it is. Show me where she used Prana Burst against Lancer. I'll wait.
>>
>>134846428
>Read up on what Prana burst is. She could have E rank stats for all she cared, if she could use her Prana burst.
Man you are back pedaling so hard. First it was
>Lancer is more skilled than Saber
Then it was
>s-she only one cause her stats are better!
Then when THAT got proven wrong you go
>Prana Burst!
And she didn't even use Prana Burst to attack him at all during their first skirmish.
>>
>>134845988
>Wrong. Fake Assassin > Saber > Lancer = Archer > Herc > the rest.
The Nasuverse doesn't work like that. There are no absolute rankings, it's all about matchups.

See:
Lancer, after being unrestrained, beat Archer in a duel of pure fighting skill, but Archer killed Berserker six times, and judging by the descriptions of the wounds and the canonization of Overedge, at least one of them has to be in melee. This means that Archer bested him in terms of technique.
Then we have Saber, that completely cornered Lancer in a battle of skill, forcing him to use his NP, but Berserker then beat the shit out of her in Fate, where the terrain was neutral.
And just not to make things messier, let's ignore Shirou using Archer's skills to beat Saber Alter in a fair duel of pure swordsmanship.

SO, in terms of skill, not raw power, we would have this.

Lancer>Archer
Saber>Lancer
Berserker>Saber
Archer>Berserker

Now, try to rank them using that info. Good luck with that.
>>
>>134846504
Gee anon, its almost like a Servant with a higher mana stat will take a bigger advantage of Prana burst, then somebody with less mana.
>>
>>134846523
I wasn't talking about power levels, I was talking about skill as a martial artist (in this case swordsman/spearman etc). How skilled they are with their respective fighting style. If you're talking about all-out fights then there are many, many other factors at play. But in terms of fighting skill and technique, it's pretty much said outright that Kojirou was better than Saber, who is better than pretty much anyone else.
>>
>>134846523
Why everone forgets that Shirou was helped by Rider against Saber/alter? He basically attacked Saber while she was holding Rider's blast
>>
>>134846563
Except she didn't use Prana Burst when fighting Lancer. Her agility was two ranks below his, her endurance and strength were equal to his. How exactly did higher mana allow her to parry all of his attacks and press him back so badly he had to use his NP?
>>
>>134845988

Saber didn't ever fight Lancer more than once, so he was never able to fight her all out due to Kirei's command spell.

Archer decisively loses to Lancer - while he survives the thrown Gae Bolg, he's hurt so badly that if Lancer bothered to finish him off he wouldn't last a second. It's not like Archer was doing fine against Lancer in the fight either, he was getting his ass kicked so hard his sole strategy for survival was 'leave fake openings so that Lancer kills me slower than he would otherwise'. Lancer lets him go after Archer reveals that he's going to betray Caster to save Rin.
>>
>>134846581
>I wasn't talking about power levels, I was talking about skill as a martial artist
I was talking about technique too. Learn how to read before replying.
>>
>>134846641
And yet the fights you cited had nothing to do with that.
>>
>>134846623
>>134846563
>>134846469
Its almost like you people should read HA.
Prana Burst is used in 1 fight scene in HA.
Its also never stated as "Saber used Prana Burst to do the action". Which is why its such a good skill. Because you do not need to mention it as a extra action, or mention its specific use.
>>
>>134846623

Saber's whole fighting style uses Prana Burst, retard. It's what gives her her base stats. Without it, she's as weak as any teenage girl her size. This is straight up explained in UBW.
>>
File: Fate_1435032204359.png (1 MB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Fate_1435032204359.png
1 MB, 800x1200
>Archer, and to a lesser extent Shirou, both have UBW, which allows them to go toe to toe with Gilgamesh and defeat him by MIRRORING HIS SWORDSPAM
>MIRRORING
>Meaning it's just as powerful

>Gilgamesh can destroy any servant he comes across
>Shirou and to a lesser extent Archer apparently will get wrecked by anyone who isn't Gilgamesh
>Despite having the same attack that allows gilgamesh to trample over every hero

I will never understand the logic here
>>
>>134844077
>She doesn't job at all
She jobs to Caster and Lancer in the first two actual battles of the series.

>She kills off Caster and Berserk, defeats Iskandar and was defeating Lancer before Kiritsugu went full retard.
And in FSN she beats Rider twice and kills her once, beats Archer three times, kills Berserker twice, and kills Gil, Assassin, and Caster once. Doesn't change the fact that she still jobs in both works.
>>
>>134846634
Again, I'm not talking about power levels, I'm talking about fight skill. Lancer is overwhelmed by Saber and in fact was unable to even come close to hitting her through her guard before he used his NP. He was completely outclassed in skill.

And again, noble phantasms aren't what I was comparing. One the NP's came out, Lancer won the match because his superior power won out. Before that though, they were fighting very evenly. So I put Archer's skill on par with Lancer's.
>>
She doesn't need to try hard to be the best
>>
>>134846728

Mirroring just means they're copying all the same weapons and matching them together with the GoB spam. Their power is still lower due to being flawed imitations, but that's irrelevant, because a bigger missile will still be destroyed by a smaller missile if they impact in the sky.
>>
>>134841820

Because she's ugly looking
>>
>>134846728
Nasu smoking pure distilled creator bias.
Nothing more to see there.
>>
>>134846796
>Mirroring just means they're copying all the same weapons and matching them together with the GoB spam.
But they can pull out any weapon they've seen as many times as they want, and they've seen a large part of Gil's arsenal.
>>
>>134846728
>>MIRRORING
>>Meaning it's just as powerful
Both wrong. He doesn't mirror his sword spam, he preempts it. After he sees Gil use his weapons, he copies them and then starts producing them faster than Gil can open the gate. Effectively pinning him down by not letting him attack. That's how UBW "counters" GoB, it's able to out-spam and overcome its weaker overall power and lack of diversity with sheer speed and numbers.
>>
>>134846661
>And yet the fights you cited had nothing to do with that
Explain how. In all of those fights the characters went melee on each other, basically putting their skills as fighters to the test.
>>
>>134846743

What part of 'not allowed to go all out' don't you understand? Lancer straight up couldn't use all his skill, or his speed, or his strongest anything. This is explicitly explained in Archer vs. Lancer round 2 in UBW when Lancer's speed and skill are so much greater than before that it Archer can only keep up well enough to survive against him.

>Before that though, they were fighting very evenly. So I put Archer's skill on par with Lancer's.

Did you even read the VN? Hell, did you even watch the anime adaptation? In the VN it very clearly describes how Archer is being systematically beaten down and it's only his fake openings and experience fighting Lancer previously that allow him to survive, in the anime Lancer is literally kicking Archer around because of the differences between them.
>>
>>134846865
They don't have enough prana to spam weapons outside UBW, especially Shirou. And unlike Gilgamesh, most heroes are skilled enough in melee or use of their weapon they can overcome a degraded counter to them.
>>
>>134846875
UBW is clearly shown to be countering by knocking Gil's swords with identical copies. Supposedly they're a rank weaker, though it doesn't really come up outside of some Meta stats (nothing says a copy can't surpass the original!), and even if they're weaker, he can break them so his attack gains a rank, making up the difference in power.

His spam is almost as powerful as Gil's, and it's faster, and is not limited to one copy per item. It makes Zero sense that he can't use it to trample over everyone like Gil can.

>>134846986
So they're skilled enough to counter a FASTER swordspam but not skilled enough to counter the original slower one?
>>
>>134846986
>And unlike Gilgamesh
>most heroes are skilled enough in melee
>or use of their weapon they can overcome a degraded counter to them.
Reality: Gilgamesh gibs the entire cast of FATE, and nothing is actually stopping Archer from doing the exact same.
Or charging extra missiles in between Gils waves of swordspam to gib him.

Garchar versus Caster is even better, because it demonstrates how blatantly hard he hits once he stops swagging.
>>
>>134846986
>They don't have enough prana to spam weapons outside UBW
They do. Archer swordspams outside UBW when he kills Caster and imprisons Rin, and Shirou also spams a bit in his fight against Gil before using UBW.
>>
>>134846885
Lancer vs Archer at the church was decided by Gae Bolg vs Rho Aias. The fight up til then had been pretty even considering the sheer advantage in stats Lancer had.

Archer can't fight Berserker with mere skill, because his strength is not high enough to do damage with mere physical attacks (it's only D-rank). He had to have used powerful NPs to kill him, since that's the only attack he'd be able to make that would get through God Hand. Not to mention as you'll notice though, I did rate Archer's skill above Berserker Herc, because Herc+madness is not exactly a very savvy fighter, he seems to operate mostly on instinct, so beating him at technique isn't a feat really. The only people worse than him in F/SN are those who don't really boast strong fighting techniques in the first place.

Saber outfought Lancer straight up, despite a net-disadvantage in physical stats, and made him use his NP. She lost to Berserker because of overwhelming difference in raw power. God Hand negates any attacks below A-rank, and Saber's strength is only B-rank, she needs Prana Burst (An A-rank skill) to even hurt him. All his physical stats are higher than hers and unlike Lancer parrying and careful use of skill cannot deflect his attacks, he will simply power through her guard.
>>
>>134847099
And even if they didn't the point is moot, because they CAN use UBW, and in UBW they have no limit to their swordspam.
>>
>>134846728
UBW only works because of how retarded Gilgamesh is. I mean he can attack you with as much projectiles as he wants instantly so against any normal servant you'd just die from not being able to dodge all of them ( and the fact it's impossible to tank ).

>>134846865
Gil's arsenal is infinite
>>
>>134847035
>So they're skilled enough to counter a FASTER swordspam but not skilled enough to counter the original slower one?
They are skilled enough to counter the slower version. Iskander manages to fend off 80 NP's and he has shit tier CQC skills, it took Gil half a day to kill Lancer despite him having Enkidu, Berserker only struggled because he had to protect Ilya, and the second Saber got ready to use Excalibur, Gil shat himself and was forced to take out Ea. The only servant who ever actually gets killed by sword spam is Medea and Hassan, both of which were surprise attacks.
>>
>>134847035
>UBW is clearly shown to be countering by knocking Gil's swords with identical copies
In the VN it explicitly states he's keeping Gil from attacking by preempting his sword spam. Shirou would have been skewered six ways to Sunday if Gil ever managed to actually get his spam going.
>>
>>134847170
>Gil's arsenal is infinite
By definition it isn't. It may as well be because of how numerous it is and he doesn't lose the items he throws, but he doesn't have many of every item and it's not as fast as Shirou's capacity to make an infinite number of copies of every item.

>>134847197
Do you even read what you're posting? He's so fast he's knocking out gil's attacks before he can make them.
>>
Why does Gilgamesh always get jacked off to so hard in every single spin-off series?
>>
Archer and Gilgamesh fags get the fuck out.

Saber rejected both guys, so they should at least get a common ground for being losers.
>>
>>134847264
Nasu is compensating for making him the King of Jobbers in FSN.
>>
>>134846911
>What part of 'not allowed to go all out' don't you understand? Lancer straight up couldn't use all his skill, or his speed, or his strongest anything
Cu's orders were "battle everyone once" "do not kill your oponent" and "survive no matter what", not "only use a fraction of your power".
But anyways, Saber was being nerfed to death by Shirou's shittyness as a master. At least Cu had nice stats and a supply of Prana and could use his NP, Saber couldn't even do that.

>Archer is being systematically beaten down and it's only his fake openings and experience fighting Lancer previously that allow him to survive
Sounds to me like Lancer had higher stats but Archer had higher skills. That's the only possible explanation for him surviving despite having atrocious stats. EoTM (t)'s prediction means nothing if he doesn't have the skills to back it up.
>>
>>134847264
For the same reason Waver does? He's by far the most wanked character in the franchise and has gotten more and more powerful with each entry in the series despite him being a relatively unpopular character until all the Fujoshi fell in love with him when Zero aired.
>>
>>134847256
Shirou can't make copies of every item, just swords. There are exceptions like Rho Aias that he has manually added to UBW, but normally only swords can be copied into it, and only those swords he has seen. The "unlimited" part comes from his ability to copy them infinitely. In reality, the diversity of weapons in UBW is far, far less than in GoB.
>>
>>134847332
He jobs more in F/Z than he does in FSN (two times against Lancelot compared to one time against Sakura).
>>
>>134847197
No, in the VN it skips all the way to Shirou and Gil fighting in melee where Shirou is cornering Gilgamesh because he gets to swing first. There was no swordspam shown inside UBW. In fact, there was not much of anything besides Gil breaking his own swords on Shirou's, pulling out Ea like a dumbass, and then everything ending before Shirou could deal a final blow because Saber has shit aim.
>>
I feel like Fate was supposed to be an RPG but they realized how impossible it would be and decided against it afterwards.
>>
>>134846911
>Lancer straight up couldn't use all his skill, or his speed, or his strongest anything
No, he just wasn't allowed to kill somebody. Nowhere in his orders did it restrict his power. And he would only be weakened if he deliberately disobeyed that order or fought against it. His initial skirmish with Saber was him testing the reach of her sword since he couldn't even tell what kind of weapon it was, let along its length, so he was being almost playful, but he very quickly found out he couldn't mess around with her because of how skilled she was.

>Did you even read the VN?
Yes. Lancer is unable to finish Archer despite having an overwhelming advantage in stats. Archer's skill and his Eye of Mind make him an incredibly difficult opponent to fight unless you have a very strong advantage. Lancer saw the fight wasn't going to end any time soon since he didn't have the skill or power to beat him outright in a duel, so he just used his trump card instead.
>>
>>134846198
does that webm have interlacing? looks super weird, especially when lancer is first charging at saber
>>
>>134847099
Those were regular swords. Good luck killing a servant with those
>>134847064
With a good enough master Archer is ridiculously broken
>>
>>134847430
And that was how Apocrypha was born. And Grand Order now
>>
>>134847599
>Those were regular swords.
Citation fucking needed.
>Good luck killing a servant with those
Did you even read the VN? he killed Caster with them.
Also, Herc can kill servants with a stone axe that isn't a NP, Rider can hurt servants with those shit-tier daggers that are also not NPs, and Assassin messed up Saber and Archer real bad with a normal sword that also isn't a NP.
>>
>>134847599
We don't actually know shit about the swords Archer used to kill Caster. But we do know that his weaker younger self copied and spammed some of Gil's awesome NPs outside UBW.
But UBW takes almost no time to cast for Archer anyways, since he can deploy it with two lines instead of Shirou's eight lines. Even if he couldn't swordspam outside of UBW, is not that big of a deal to say two fucking verses in the middle of a fight. Especially when servants usually stop to tell him shit and question his identity halway through.
>>
File: saber.jpg (108 KB, 716x985) Image search: [Google]
saber.jpg
108 KB, 716x985
>>134843347

This. She always has a handicap of some sort, but it's for the best story-wise.
>>
>>134841820
>King
>Girl
Gee I wonder
>>
>>134847991
Then there's no point in claiming she's so strong on first place it serves no purpouse to the plot other than hyping those who beat her which is fucking weak writing. At least Gil have the Privilege to showoff his power before getting hadicaped by plot.

The only time Saber fought at her best and did something useful was against a giant squid.

In resume, to answer >>134841820 question. She jobs because she just exist to be waifued by the plot and her on-paper strength only serves to add a flair of fake coolness to her image.
>>
>>134847256
Gil can retrieve and reuse his weapons at will. GoB is infinite in the fact that he can keep throwing the same weapon over and over again.
>>
>>134848464
>GoB is infinite in the fact that he can keep throwing the same weapon over and over again.
You mean UBW, right?
>>
>>134843347
Could've sworn that flawed contract shit was a lie Arturia told because she's not dead at the time of her summon.
>>
>>134848489
No, I definitely mean GoB. You do realize that GIl's weapons don't just vanish in to thin air after he uses them right? They just go back into the gate to get thrown again, and again, and again. His 1 real NP can break an infinite number of fakes.
>>
>>134844906
>wet
Fate/Grand Order is Takeuchi's wet dream, it has 6 versions of Arturia (confirmed), plus Nero, Mordred and Okita. And who knows how many more Saber clones will come.
>>
>>134848549
If his NPs break they are gone, at least until he gets summoned again. And he can't fire several copies of the same NP at the exact same time.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.