[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Overrated shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: Giant Robo (3).png (942 KB, 976x720) Image search: [Google]
Giant Robo (3).png
942 KB, 976x720
ITT: Overrated shit
>>
>>134836956
Naruto
Bleach
Dragonball
One piece
>>
But Giant Robo is a perfectly good super hero show that sometimes features robots.
>>
Gurren Lagann, pretty good
>>
>>134836956
еби се в дупките
гей смотан

да пикам на гроба
на баща ти, лайньо
>>
Fate UBW TV
>>
I agree. Giant Robo was shit.
Though I hear that the characters were part of the writer's older works so we were supposed to care about them at the get go.
>>
>>134836956
Jigoku Shoujo.
>>
>>134837119
Not really overrated seeing as though they're some of the most popular and a lot of people like them. But I get what you're getting at. One Piece is the best out of them.
>>
Did you miss /m/ by a couple of boards, or something?
>>
File: nge loominaty.jpg (10 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
nge loominaty.jpg
10 KB, 236x236
>>134836956
NGE is too overrated, no one understands the shows. They just pretend they do to look significantly smarter.
>>
>>134836956
Is there something particularly wrong with GR? I just loved it, I thought the scifi melodrama went perfectly with the hotblooded, exaggerated character designs and fight scenes. I adored the character designs, and don't particularly mind where do they come from to be honest. Also the music is fucking top notch.

It's 70% kung-fu fightan and 30% /m/, and I did expect more /m/, but I still enojyed everything else AND still got my fix of /m/, so yeah, I really liked this OVA.
>>
>>134838519
More than 3 people recommended it to him so it's overrated.
>>
File: little-bitch.jpg (30 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
little-bitch.jpg
30 KB, 704x480
>>134837426
Trying way too hard, son.

>>134837733
Though I agree that NGE is way overrated on /a/, something about your post suggests you are no better than them.
>>
>>134838519
Giant Robo is the perfect super powers series. All the powers are so weird and fun that it would take imagination to think about how one and one would take on each other so power level discussion is practically nonexistent and the tragedy being in the center makes it so that human desire and error still move the plot the most, while having all the fun of watching shit wrecked.
>>
>>134838519
>>134842842
The super powers are stupid and never explained, ending leaves everything open. The only people who enjoy this shit are the ones who enjoy garbage like JJBA and dismiss all its flaws because
>m-muh campy action
>>
>>134844183
Yeah we do need real, plausible explanations for super powers such as teleportation and projectiles by snapping.
>>
>>134844340
Most of characters are pretty bland and forgettable too, no one outside the main cast gets any characterization, it's a rushed pile of shit.
>>
>>134844183
You sound like a fatefag
>muh exposition
>>
>>134844457
>if you don't like garbage A you must like garbage B
sasuga! The only reason people don't shit on Giant Robo as much as they do on other anime is because barely anyone on /a/ has seen it.
>>
>no one posted Monster
>no OPM
>>
>>134837733
>They just pretend they do to look significantly smarter.
Maybe you're just below average, anon. It's not that deep.
>>
File: Akagi.jpg (84 KB, 586x452) Image search: [Google]
Akagi.jpg
84 KB, 586x452
Have to agree with GR being overrated. Before I watched it I'd seen it described as a forgotten masterpiece of anime, one of the greatest of all time. It does have gorgeous visuals and animation, plus the old fashioned style and references are definitely cool. But on the other hand, there's no reason to rate it more highly than any other high-budget OVA or feature film: it's a relatively conventional work, lacks a compelling story, nor is it noteworthy for having influenced future works.

Don't get me wrong, Giant Robo is fabulous and more people should see it - but don't go in expecting a forgotten masterpiece.

Other things that are overrated:
1. The Galaxy Express 999 movie (yes it was popular, doesn't make it great - the TV series is the real gem)
2. The Big O (overrated for similar reasons as Giant Robo)
3. Akagi and Kaiji - (the dialogue and 'hardboiled' characters are pretty good at points, but on the whole these two series are repetitious and formulaic)
>>
>>134846337
Honestly people should watch Legendary Gambler Tetsuya.
>>
File: 53836864_p0_master1200.jpg (644 KB, 997x742) Image search: [Google]
53836864_p0_master1200.jpg
644 KB, 997x742
>>134842842
Yeah, I loved what they did with Murasame's abilities and Issei and Youshi's introduction. The Magnificent Ten had really cool powers as well, wish we had seen more of them.

Fuck that cliffhanger ending.

>>134846337
>It does have gorgeous visuals and animation, plus the old fashioned style and references are definitely cool.
That is it tho, I don't think it's a masterpiece or anything, it's just a really cool and grandiose over the top romp that I adore aesthetically. What you described is exactly just what I think the OVA tries to be, and perfectly describes why fans of older action shows and mecha like it so much. I don't even know where that "forgotten" biz comes from.

And while we're at it, yeah, Big O is almost exactly the same. And I also like it and don't even think how people who don't like it aesthetically or who think it's perfect "rate" it. I don't gain anything from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00RjATZasNo
>>
Eva
tatami galaxy
kaiba
table tennis: the anime
madoka/bakemono/other shit that is bad but popular now

basically everything in 3x3 threads as 90% of the posters there post the handful of same shows trying to look cultured etc
>>
Gurren Lagann, not so good.
Berserk, shitty manga and even shittier anime.
FLCL, boring, unfunny, LOL SO RANDUM XD shit.
Kaiji, atrocious character design and completely contrived plot.
Hellsing, Twilight except shit.
Ghost in the Shell, pretentious shit with walls of text. I'd rather watch Code Geass than this piece of shit.
RahXephon? If I wanted to watch a shitty Eureka Seven clone, I'd watch Evangelion
Neon Genesis Evangelion, makes about as much sense as a pedophile in a retirement home.
Darker than Black? More like Browner than SHIT
Beck, if I wanted to watch shitty bands, I would go see Tool live.
Claymore, looks like a dick, strong beginning and middle but a cheesy ending.
Cowboy Bebop. Plotless style-over-substance bullshit.
The Girl who Leapt through time? I wish she leapt through a meat grinder.
Koi Kaze, if I thought incest was wrong I would stop having sex with my little sister.
Higurashi, shitty horror bullshit, a failed attempt of Chaos Head.
Akagi. If I wanted to see old people sitting around a table I'd visit my grandma more often.
Spice and Wolf? If I wanted to watch a documentary about economy with a fanservice character thrown in, I wouldn't because it'd be SHIT.
Golden Boy? If I wanted to see a genius get horny, I'd videotape myself masturbating.
>>
Aria, a manga about nothing.
Michiko to Hatchin. Shitty halfassed Boondocks ripoff, the jokes aren't even that funny.
Cromartie Highschool, Lucky Star with men.
Shitugan no Shita. Shitty ripoff of To Aru Majutsu no Index.
Hidamari Sketch, if I wanted to watch a bunch of little girls doing nothing, I'd go and watch my local kindergarden.
Kanon? If I wanted to cry, I'd look at how my life is now.
Mononoke, if I wanted to see a crossdressing, homosexual pothead wearing make-up, I'd move to Brazil.
Eureka 7, more like Gurren Lagann 2.
Serial Experiments Lain? more like Serial Experiments LAME shitsux
BLAME! If I wanted buildings and walking, I'd go outside
GTO? More like GTFO. Shitty shounen is shitty.
Full Metal Panic? More like Code Geass with a shitty tsundere.
Bartender? More like BOREtender.
Hajime no Ippo? If I wanted to see fags jerk eachother off in a steamy shower room, I'd go to a bathhouse.
Maria Holic. Traps got old two years ago.
Kino no Tabi? If I wanted to watch a dyke on a motorcycle, I'd go visit San Francisco instead.
Ichigo Mashimaro, fanservice without fanservice.
Baccano. It's like messing with your media player's seekbar.
Strike Witches, If i wanted to watch fanservice without plot, i would watch hentai.
Legend of the Gaylactating Homos
>>
>>134837562

One piece is the most shit of them all
>>
File: 10432.png (15 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
10432.png
15 KB, 300x150
>>
Mushishi? More like MushiSHIT
Mononoke-hime? If I wanted to watch lepers working in sweatshops, I would go visit India.
Outlaw Star, One Piece in space.
Interstella 5555? If I wanted to watch cheesy music videos, I'd turn on MTV.
Yotsuba. Stupid little bitch runs around and acts "lol so kawaii". NOTHING HAPPENS.
5 Centimeters Per Second? More like 5 Wallpapers Per Second
Jojo's Bizarre Gayventure
Soul Eater? More like Shit Eater. Worse than Naruto.
Grave of the Fireflies? If I wanted to watch a whiny cunt and his little sister fuck around I'd go to Chuck E. Cheese.
Code Geass, if I wanted to watch homosexuals pilot robots, I would watch Gundam Wing.
Nanoha is just Bleach or Naruto but with more pedo pandering.
Death Note. No thanks I'd rather watch CNN.
Last Exile? If I wanted to look at clouds all day, I'd become a meteorologist.
Planetes. As empty as space.
Toradora, if I wanted to watch a menstrual bitch raging I'd hide my mom's midol.
Samurai Champloo? More like Cowboy Bebop with swords and shitty music.
Zero no Tsukaima, more like Harry Potter: The Animation
Gintama, Bobobo with worse animation.
One Outs? More like three outs for THIS anime! NEXT!
I'll Psycho Pass on this show.
Shinsekai Yori? More like Shitsogay YAOI.
Gunbuster? If I wanted to watch Anno jerking off to little girl I would watch Nausicaa.
Usagi Drop? More like Usagi DROPPED
Saki Tanoshii? Heh, more like Saki TanoSHIT
Berserk? More like Loliserk. Shit's retarded
Chobits? More like Shitbits!
Kill la Kill? More like End la end it already.
>>
>>134847569
>genius
>>
>>134847634
>I'll Psycho Pass on this show.
heh
>>
File: 1448605910488.jpg (160 KB, 780x718) Image search: [Google]
1448605910488.jpg
160 KB, 780x718
>>
3x3 core in general
>>
>>134837562
>one piece
>best
>ever
don't ever show your face on this board again, good lord how can people have such utterly shit taste these days
>>
Death Note to date is the only anime I've dropped, got bored of edgy Mary Sue Light.
>>
>>134837119
very unique opinion
>>
>>134847634
>Interstella 5555? If I wanted to watch cheesy music videos, I'd turn on MTV.
This really is some old pasta.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.