[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wicked City
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12
File: wicked-city-dvd-case.jpg (602 KB, 683x1000) Image search: [Google]
wicked-city-dvd-case.jpg
602 KB, 683x1000
>There has been peace between the worlds of the mortals and the supernatural for centuries, but the balance is now being threatened. The Radical elements from the Supernatural world are crossing over into the mortal universe for the purpose of destroying the peace forever!

Any fans of "Wicked City," on here? I really wish there was more visual works that explored the world further. I enjoyed this OVA so much I eventually got the books it was based on.
>>
>>134811391
I've never heard anything negative about Wicked City ever, anyone here who has seen probably loves it. It's the "The Thing" of anime, it's great.
>>
it's by the crew that did ninja scroll and vampire hunter d bloodlust, isn't it? of course i love it

these movies are the "Boss Rush" of anime
>>
>>134812129

>Chris Hicks of Deseret News called the film "truly awful", citing the film's "misogynistic streak" as its most offensive aspect

Of course this is cherry picking, but I keep wondering if I'm broken. I get why people find the content offensive, but it don't bother me none.
>>
File: WickedCity.jpg (114 KB, 640x308) Image search: [Google]
WickedCity.jpg
114 KB, 640x308
Anyone read the novels?
>>
I've seen this movie over 20 time fapped to it over 15.
>>
>>134812129
>The ''The Thing'' of anime
Picked up.
>>
>>134814985
yeah it just felt like kawaijiri used every bad encounter as a pretext for rape scenes or sex. I mean even the conclusion is about fucking

"you two must have a child to guarantee that peace is preserved"
>>
>>134817125
It's not Kawijiri's fault, that's how it plays out in the novel by Hideyuki Kikuchi. The book can be sumarized as a fast paced hard boiled tale of sex,violence, and demons. The second book starts out with a woman being raped in her dreams by a demon, and it's her sexual fantasy. Aside from the rape and sex as whole, which I did enjoy, I do dig the world of Wicked City, it's Men in Black before Men in Black(The comics and movies at least).
>>
>>134817258
my bad then
>>
File: tumblr_luo1thLLpI1qmpg90o1_500.gif (470 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_luo1thLLpI1qmpg90o1_500.gif
470 KB, 500x377
>That scene with the big gaping vagina
>>
File: tumblr_luo6aptxmx1qmpg90o1_500.gif (484 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_luo6aptxmx1qmpg90o1_500.gif
484 KB, 500x377
>>134817495
>>
I think I"m going to rewatch this and Biohunter which is also by the same director this weekend. Is the live action Wicked City any good?
>>
File: tumblr_luobvjqZgV1qmpg90o1_500.gif (487 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_luobvjqZgV1qmpg90o1_500.gif
487 KB, 500x377
>>134817578
https://youtu.be/JTQjTpNB4nM

I know gifs are shit, but I can't be bothered to make my own.
>>
File: 14231694758423.jpg (65 KB, 335x475) Image search: [Google]
14231694758423.jpg
65 KB, 335x475
>>134811391
>make wicked city
>loved by fans, hated by critics, didn't make much money
>producer tells you to make something more profitable
>make the exact same movie a few years later but put ninjas in it
>it is universally praised and regarded as a classic
>laugh all the way to the bank
>>
>>134817658
The eight devils of Kimon, made Ninja Scroll more palatable. Also, there was sexual assault, and attempted rape, but no rape. I'm sure that's easier to swallow than what happened in Wicked City.
>>
>>134817258
>its a book.. about rape
>and monster that rape
>>
File: Kikuchi.jpg (49 KB, 598x878) Image search: [Google]
Kikuchi.jpg
49 KB, 598x878
>>134818024
And it's great. It's well put together pulp, although I admit I spotted a rape scene coming from miles away. During the climax of the second story, we are introduced to three black guards, two are male one is a female. As soon as they were brought into the story, I predicted that the men would die, and the woman would get raped...I was right.
>>
Hideyuki Kikuchi thread?

Has anyone here seen Darkside Blues? It's another movie from the nineties but it doesn't seem to be brought up very often. I'm kind of curious about it and the manga adaptation.
>>
File: Kaze_no_Na_Wa_Amnesia_(pamphlet).jpg (403 KB, 1063x1513) Image search: [Google]
Kaze_no_Na_Wa_Amnesia_(pamphlet).jpg
403 KB, 1063x1513
>>134818256
I have it on my HD,but I have yet to actually watch it. Another Kikuchi adaptation I haven't finished is "Demon City Shinjuku." Has anyone watched "A wind named Amnesia"? I found it to be a unique disappointment, great setting, original approach to what caused the apocalypse, poor ending.
>>
File: lkl216r.jpg (142 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
lkl216r.jpg
142 KB, 800x800
How do you all feel about Cyber City Oedo 808? It is made by the same crew.
>>
>>134818439
I thought it was great. I enjoyed how the antagonists were updates of classic movie monsters; poltergeists, Frankenstein's monster, and a Vampire. I heard that there was actually a think in Japan, in which they would recruit thieves to catch thieves. CCO 808 is also pretty to look at, a whole lot of style, but there's not much introspection on what it means to be human.
>>
>>134818439
It was fucking awesome and I wish there was more of it. The dub is also pretty hilarious in all honesty. It's like watching a foul mouthed HBO special, but with cyberpunk.
>>
I love the art style in Kawajiri's work. Back to Kikuchi, I read a manga adaptation of one of th D novels, it was alright.
>>
Were these guys the same ones that made Darkside Blues?
>>
>>134818878
Nope, besides Kikuchi who wrote the original novel, there's no relation.
>>
>>134811391

Fuck yeah wicked city, I love it and biohunter to death.
>>
>>134818439
Still need to watch this.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.