[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some bad anime adaptions of manga? Obligatory everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 64449.jpg (45 KB, 225x319) Image search: [Google]
64449.jpg
45 KB, 225x319
What are some bad anime adaptions of manga?
Obligatory everything by Studio Pierrot post here so you won't have to.
>>
The first season of tokyo ghoul is not a bad adaptation, adapted 66 chap. manga in 12 anime. They changed two arcs of order and some things manga skipped, but that never hurt the plot of the manga, and nearly all adaptations of anime do. The second season is another story, but said he would not follow the manga, before the start of the anime.
>>
>>134809438
A lot of things by Madhouse.
>>
>>134810305
>and some things the manga skipped
>they also changed the order
>is not a bad adaption
seriously? Tokyo Ghoul's anime adaption makes no sense. The anime adaption is garbage. Waste of budget. It's also censored. A r17 anime being censored.
>the anime didn't hurt the manga
What is this non sequitur shit?
>>
>>134809438
They did GTO and it was good so fuck off newfag.
>>
I'm talking about the first season, I said that the second season did not follow the manga. ROOT A understand him perfectly found no inconsistency and Mirai Nikki or Guilty Crown. Some things are not explained but that's not an inconsistency, the manga has a lot to not explain.
The censorship was removed on blu-ray / dvd. Since winning the Conservative Party of Japan in 2009, all passing by television animes that have ecchi or gore should be censored or be fined.
If we talk about adaptations things jump and change order things, then almost every anime that exist are poorly adapted as Death Note (they did not respect the end of the manga), SNK, SAO, Mushi-shi, Ore Monogatari, series monogatari, Parasyte, Berserk, etc. What is important in an adaptation of the manga follow the plot, adaptation signic change to adapt to the environment. The order change does not alter the product.
>>
>>134809438
Chaos;Head was the worst manga adaption I have ever seen in my life.
I would rather have my favorite anime be remade by DEEN than watch that shit again.
>>
>>134810446
I'm talking about the first season, I said that the second season did not follow the manga. ROOT A understand him perfectly found no inconsistency and Mirai Nikki or Guilty Crown. Some things are not explained but that's not an inconsistency, the manga has a lot to not explain.
The censorship was removed on blu-ray / dvd. Since winning the Conservative Party of Japan in 2009, all passing by television animes that have ecchi or gore should be censored or be fined.
If we talk about adaptations things jump and change order things, then almost every anime that exist are poorly adapted as Death Note (they did not respect the end of the manga), SNK, SAO, Mushi-shi, Ore Monogatari, series monogatari, Parasyte, Berserk, etc. What is important in an adaptation of the manga follow the plot, adaptation signic change to adapt to the environment. The order change does not alter the product.
>>
>>134811387
more non sequitur BS
how do you people cope in everyday conversation?
>>
File: berserk.jpg (1 MB, 2933x2000) Image search: [Google]
berserk.jpg
1 MB, 2933x2000
Both adaptations
>>
>>134811387
Why do you want a 1 for 1 adaptation? At that point you may as well read the original source.
Things get tweaked and adjusted, because they can't just be 1:1.

Following the same plot and story events is good, and things really only get bad if the director is being stupid about something.

>poorly adapted
>SNK
>SAO
Nigga, what? They're just poorly written series. SNK ending was to avoid an S2 commitment, and SAO's timeline is convoluted as fuck. Having an anime that jumps around the timeline at random, is a bad idea.
>>
bad adaptations made by madhouse are: Claymore, Btooom, Ichigo 100%, Mahouka, Overlord, No game No life, sakura card captor, Mahou sensou, etc.
>>
>>134811889
SnK may be poorly written but it still received a poor adaptation that was vastly inferior to the manga.
>>
>>134812028
>Mahouka
Dunno about this; the anime was able to keep my attention much better than the Light novel. Couldn't make it through 3 novels of exposition.
>>
>>134812028
>Btooom

What? It was a good adaption, the problem was the source material is just shit.
>>
>>134812254
>It was a good adaption
it was garbage
>>
File: 1448286849418.jpg (126 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448286849418.jpg
126 KB, 1920x1080
>>134812368
Enlighten me then anon, what was cut from the anime for it to be considered a bad adaptation by you because I'm pretty sure it was the same shit when i read it a year ago.
>>
>>134812529
Kekkai sensen is maladaptive, all adaptations of study Bones are bad.
>>
>>134812822
Not what we're discussing m8.
>>
>>134811889
Those are not the only problems that have SNK and SAO, especially SAO omits several parts of the novel.
>>134812031
The original is always better than adaptation.
>>134812136
The anime omits important things about the novel.
>>134812254
Same is maladaptive.
>>
>>134811889
>SNK ending was to avoid an S2 commitment

what?
>>
>>134812028
>sakura card captor
Nigger what, the Sakura card arc was handled a million times better in the anime compared to the manga, specially the final revelations regarding the characters and their purposes. Also there are some people who really dig the timeskip ending, but I thought it was pretty lame (and I mean the timeskip itself, the part up to Sakura's confession to Shaoran was pretty good, so what I'm saying is that the last 4 or pages were completely unnecessary):

>Sakura, I'm going back to Hong Kong
>Noo Shaoran I love you too
>3 years later
>Oi Sakura I'm back lol
>hug
>end

If there were one of two chapters dedicated to the context of his return and a meaningful encounter, plus maybe a bit of some of the side characters post-timeskip, I could've liked it.

The manga's first part is pretty up there with the anime in my opinion, but I'd still say the anime shines more often.
>>
>>134810321
Like HxH.
Goddamn it.
>>
Is Nyaruko's anime a good adaptation? Is F canon?
>>
>>134809438
kekkai sensen
>>
>people think the snk anime wasn't better than the manga. Kek.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.