[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Shoujo Manga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: takane-to-hana-vol-2.jpg (54 KB, 458x458) Image search: [Google]
takane-to-hana-vol-2.jpg
54 KB, 458x458
What does /a/ think of shoujo manga? Any good ones you are reading? Also mods. Why did you delete the last thread? Nothing was wrong there.
>>
File: adekan.jpg (289 KB, 1200x816) Image search: [Google]
adekan.jpg
289 KB, 1200x816
>>134804844
Gotta love shoujo.
>>
Maybe you should stop asking for recommendations.
>>
>>134804986
Not really much of a recommendation but what was a top 5 shoujo manga that they have read that another anon made a thread on and for some reason it was deleted for no good reason by mods.
>>
Recently, only some one-shots for a quick and cute read.

>>134804985
I really need to start reading it, the covers look gorgeous.
>>
File: orange-13.png (32 KB, 432x365) Image search: [Google]
orange-13.png
32 KB, 432x365
Recently I read Orange and I found it really good, but it has tragedy and drama, however has a realistic essence that don't have shojo in general. I loved it T-T
>>
>>134804844
I really want to like shoujo but I just can't.
I tried reading a bunch of popular shoujo, but I ended up disliking them all.
>>
>>134809024
>T-T

Mostly garbage clearly not aimed at me. On the matrix of (young, old) + (male, female) it's on the other corner. But obviously every demographic has its garbage, it's just garbage I can't really tolerate. There are some good ones, but I mostly read old stuff from the 70s like Hagio Moto. Although I read the odd newer series like Taiyou no Ie, despite the fact they are 'award winners' the only thing they seem to get right is execution on a pretty plain or overused concept (Orange for another example).
>>
File: n017.jpg (157 KB, 682x1079) Image search: [Google]
n017.jpg
157 KB, 682x1079
Alot of it could be the lack of being able to stand out. Like having some whacky character or comedy.
>>
I feel like this thread is going to die soon just like the other one.
>>
File: LegendOfBasara.jpg (180 KB, 522x800) Image search: [Google]
LegendOfBasara.jpg
180 KB, 522x800
>>134810633
There was a shoujo thread with more than 300 replies last week but they don't always take off unfortunately.
>>
I once tried to read Vampire Knight but shit was fucking boring. Literally Japanese Twilight.

I enjoyed the anime Akatsuki no Yona, but the source material was not to my liking in terms of pacing.
>>
>>134810832
Vampire Knight is a mess.

A shoujo with vampires that I found pretty interesting was Hagio Moto's Poe no Ichizoku. It shows little stories around a vampire family in different periods. It jumps around in a non-chronological order and I really like that sort of narration. The composition was often really nice too.

Unfortunately not half of it was translated and the translation is dead.
>>
>>134810352
Your heart is dry, Taiyou no Ie is not that bad. They are not garbage at all.
>>
>>134804844
Haven't read a shoujo manga in ages, I used to read a ton of them too. Even the Korean ones.

Mangatraders going down really hurt.

On the plus side it led me to try out Norn9 to quench my thirst for cute girls in love. If otome games are generally like it I'm going to start buying more
>>
I wonder if there is any good looking protagonist that is hot instead of cute in shoujo manga. The female protagonist that is.
>>
I liked reimei no arcana. ending was fuckign stupid
>>
>>134810750
>Basara will never get an anime remake
;_;
>>
>>134804844
Fruits Basket only good one.
>>
File: 653635.png (881 KB, 480x1500) Image search: [Google]
653635.png
881 KB, 480x1500
Kaori Yuki. That is all.
>>
Does black butler count as shoujo manga or a category that females usually love in a rare shounen?
>>
>>134814443
I want to start reading her work. What do you recommend I start with?
>>
>>134815562
I started with Godchild. It's a sequel series to the Cain Saga, but I do not feel as though you feel left out too much by not reading the Cain Saga initially. It's extremely atmospheric.
>>
>>134815787
Cain Saga introduces all the relevant characters and the backstory. You can't just skip it, mate. It's a terrible idea.
>>
>>134815384
Black Butler is technically shounen. Shoujo usually has a female protagonist and romantic themes or so I've seen.

>>134814443
I really need to read Angel Sanctuary to completion.
>>
>>134816012
I skipped it and followed Godchild just fine. I read it after I finished Godchild
>>
>>134815787
>>134816012

So I'll start with Cain Saga then Godchild? Got it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.