[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kino No Tabi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: kino__s_last_quarter_by_plast2.jpg (54 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
kino__s_last_quarter_by_plast2.jpg
54 KB, 600x375
Stop what you're doing and run watch/read that masterpiece !
Easly in my personal top 5.

Those who already seen it what's your opinion ?
>>
File: 1423169876251.jpg (34 KB, 640x436) Image search: [Google]
1423169876251.jpg
34 KB, 640x436
>>134779997
>what's your opinion ?
I liked the show for all the wrong reasons. It was just so ridiculous at times I couldn't help but laugh.
>>
File: 1448245612044.jpg (2 MB, 2384x3416) Image search: [Google]
1448245612044.jpg
2 MB, 2384x3416
>>134779997
Its in my list. Its been recommended in Sora No Woto threads and Haibane Renmei threads, so I'm hoping its like one of those.
>>
>>134780246
I largely prefer Kino over Sora no Woto and Haibane, even if this last is pretty dope.
>>
Got nothing to contribute but will bump.
Haven't watched it yet but I will after I finish Texhnolyze.
>>
>>134779997
It's very soothing. I watch an episode or two after a rough day.

>S2 never
;_;
>>
File: 1851_colt_navy_london.jpg (17 KB, 640x273) Image search: [Google]
1851_colt_navy_london.jpg
17 KB, 640x273
>>134779997
Loved it, made me want a Colt Woodsman,Colt Navy London, and a motorcycle.
>>
Lurk more newfag.
>>
>>134781769
?
>>
Best anime I've seen, no doubt.
>>
>>134781769
Stop trying so hard to fit in and fuck this /b/-via-ED bullshit off.
>>
It was nice but the lack of a real narrative made it quite dull and unsatisfying.
>>
>>134781985
>lack of a real narrative

Every episode had a narrative, though.
>>
>>134782024
But there was no real story to it. No satisfying climaxes or tension. The episodes I enjoyed the most had a bit of it but other episodes felt extremely pointless.
>>
>>134782065
>But there was no real story to it
There demonstrably was. Each episode brought about new characters, with new conflicts and new resolutions.

>No satisfying climaxes or tension
I have no idea how anyone could think this about Kino's Journey. Each and every episode provided perfect closure.
>>
>>134782182
A couple episodes that I can remember is the one with the people suddenly being able to read each other's thoughts so they avoid each other. You learn about it, then Kino leaves and thats the end of the episode.
Then there was that train tracks one. I don't remember how it ended, but I do remember Kino talking to them and just leaving again.
Its not like I didn't understand what was going on, it just felt like they threw out ideas and not really following through with it.
>>
>>134782316
The ideas presented in those episodes deal with pretty nebulous themes. It'd do a disservice to the series if, say, the people avoiding each other suddenly made up in a melodramatic fashion.
>>
>>134782457
I'll admit that it is my subjective reasoning, I just felt like the themes didn't carry the show enough to make it interesting and satisfying.
>>
>>134779997
Everyone in this anime was a god damn sociopath with the exception of maybe the dog.
>>
>>134782065
What you need to keep in mind when you watch the anime (+oav and movie) is that all the episodes tryed to lead you to one conclusion that you can find in "the beautiful world/the tower country".

The main point are the differents instutionals and socials evolutions imagnable and their ineluctable drift.

You need to think of it like an ideological all with a great and real conclusion
>>
>>134783698
And with a trail who goes out the main conclusion.
>>
As much as I'd like a reboot of Kino anime to be made, I find reading the novel lets my mind wander and helps me get a better sense of the countries she visits. Nice and comfy.
Also I think the designs for the Kino anime were awful in comparison to the original art
>>
>>134783806
I can't be more agree about the design of Kino for the anime.

Btw do you have a link for the first LN ?
I found the others but not this one.
>>
Novels are quite fun.
>>
High schooler/babbys firsts philosophy.
Pretentious overrated garbage ruined by a mary sue character.
/a/ only likes it because its a boy with a pussy.
>>
I am a massive retard and I can't figure out what is what and how to watch the complete thing in the correct order at the highest available quality. As a bonus to my idiocy, I don't have an animebytes account, where I assume I would be able to obtain this stuff without jumping through hoops (with the exception of the hoops required for using any private tracker, but that's implied).

https://bakabt.me/torrent/148881/kino-no-tabi-kinos-journey-niizk
https://bakabt.me/torrent/163263/kino-no-tabi-kinos-journey-af
http://nibl.co.uk/bots.php?search=kino%27s+journey
https://kat.cr/kaa-kino-s-journey-1-13-complete-subbed-t2779770.html
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=575
http://myanimelist.net/anime/486/Kino_no_Tabi:_The_Beautiful_World
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1379/Kino_no_Tabi:_Nanika_wo_Suru_Tame_ni_-_Life_Goes_On.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2175/Kino_no_Tabi:_The_Beautiful_World_-_Byouki_no_Kuni_-_For_You
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3466/Kino_no_Tabi:_The_Beautiful_World_-_Tou_no_Kuni
>>
ADV produced this show. That should make weeb heads explode.
>>
>>134784141
What happened is that the first volume of Kino's Journey got licensed (and subsequently dropped!), so it's seemingly nonexistent in fan translations since it got purged. I've had little luck locating it myself. Haven't tried reaching into the deep yet, but it's been years since it came out and I'm expecting everything to turn up dead links.
>>
>>134786097
You got to much links !

Watch the show (13eps) then the movies, any order is good for the two of them.

I personaly finish all of that with the ep00 "the tower country" and that seemed a prety good choice.
>>
>>134786097
you only need the first link
then just watch them in the order the files are
>>
>>134786805
>>134786832
So Niizk is good then? MAL isn't being dicks by having their shit sub ratings say that KAA is better? Shit, I can't even find KAA's versions of the movies.
>>
File: Futurama-Leela.jpg (14 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
Futurama-Leela.jpg
14 KB, 500x368
>>134785915
>>
It was okay. On a scale of "learn for yourself" and "force messages down your throat" it's closer to the latter, though it's hardly the worst offender. I generally dislike shows that clearly try to be "deep."
>>
>>134787146
Have you some advices for a "deep" anime who's closer of "learn for yourself" ?
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x436
What was best episode?
>>
>>134783698
>ova and movie
This is my first time realizing this js a thing
>>
>>134787594
What you just posted is the reason I get autistic enough to post a list like this: >>134786097

I never want to experience what you're describing. Ever.
>>
>>134787564
"Land of book" was my favourite
>>
>>134779997
I thought it sucked dick and was boring. But I am an avid reader, so it's not like my perspective is useful to your average unconscious sheele of /a/
>>
>>134787907
why are you here
>>
>>134788206
Saki threads mostly
>>
The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
>>
All the scenarios just are a set up for a wry punchline

It's a great comedy
>>
>>134780246
>>134780452
I don't know why KnT was recommended in those threads. It's really nothing like Haibane or SnW, as great as it is.
>>
Kino goes to a nudist beach country and eats ice cream.
>>
>>134779997
Episode 2 was brilliant. I had high hopes for Kino after watching it. What followed was dissapointment. Kino no Tabi is not bad,it's not good, it hovers somwhere in the middle, you can't call it average because it's unique but the quality of practicaly every element of the show(including the plot of every episode except episode 2) 5/10 with a couple of 6/10 spikes.
>>
Probably a really dumb question, but what's with the interlaced lines in all these screencaps that I see?
>>
>>134792572
I presume it was mastered for DVD, which is 480i.
>>
>>134792572
It's art.
>>
The novels are better.
>>
>>134787564
Either the land of the book or the two warring countries waging a proxy war using the third one. It reflected what happened to my country 20 years ago.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.