[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched 3.33 for the first time. Why didn't these autists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: the-rebuild-of-evangelion-3-04a.jpg (133 KB, 1920x810) Image search: [Google]
the-rebuild-of-evangelion-3-04a.jpg
133 KB, 1920x810
Just watched 3.33 for the first time. Why didn't these autists just explain to shinji what was going on?
>>
>>134761558
Everybody is retarded: The animation.
>>
>>134761558
This has been everyone's problem with 3.33 since it first came out. No one explains anything and it leads to a confused Shinji making even more mistakes because everyone is too butthurt to tell him "this is bad".

It's been discussed to hell and back.
>>
>>134761889
My problem is actually the 30 minutes of gay piano
>>
>>134762350
My problem is the rebuilds existing in the first place.
>>
Weren't they JUST about to bring him up to speed but were stopped by Rei Q fucking shit up?
>>
File: 23454545454.png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
23454545454.png
1 MB, 1920x816
Why did they turn Maya into a cunt?
>>
>>134762825
Yep. Many people seem to miss out on that also the whole reason things turned to shit was because Kaworu dud explain shit to Shinji.
>>
Why did Asuka wear that silly hat?
>>
>>134761558
see this thread >>134756731

They can't because PLOT. They are required to be pissed at Shinji even though they literally have no reason to.

>>134762825
Nope. They weren't about to bring him up to speed for anything.
>>
>>134763024
The reason things turned to shit was because Shinji kept trying to get the spears even though Kaworu told him he shouldn't do it because they were the wrong ones.
Which was caused by his poor mental state, which was partially brought on by the awful treatment Shinji got by everyone that wasn't Kaworu
>>
>>134761558
Those "autists" as you called them are hardly characters anon. They're mouthpieces for Anno's hatred towards Rei and everyone who likes the character. Essentially:

>YOU SAVED REI? YOU WANT TO SAVE REI? FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU I'LL DESTROY EVERYTHING RATHER THAN SEE THAT HAPPEN
and so 3.0 happened, and so Misato and everyone else acted cold towards Shinji for something that they, 14 years ago, also cheered for.

When they invited Enokido over as a guest writer for 2.0, he pitched this idea:
>Enokido: Right. Rei gets completely absorbed by the Angel. It’s just as though she has died and entered the netherworld. The audience is thinking that Rei is dead. Despite this, Shinji pilots Unit-01 again in order to save Rei. He cries out “Ayanami!” and reaches forward, with an awful noise, through the front of the entry plug. He must establish some means of descending to the underworld.
>Finally, having grabbed (the unclothed) Rei’s hand, he pulls her out with a sudden movement. I feel I demonstrated this method of rescue with all my might. I completely transformed into Shinji. I think everyone was staring at me very coldly (laugh).

Notice the last line. 3.0 is Anno's and the writers fanboy resentment of Rei for being popular, more popular than their favorites.

Shinji had to be attacked and punished, and Rei had to be removed and humiliated by virtually everyone in the series for them to feel better about themselves.

>>134763192
Silly hats are proven to make characters more popular. Anno wants to make Asuka more popular so he can heal the wounds his psyche suffered when Rei wrecked Asuka in popularity polls.
>>
>>134763637
>Notice the last line. 3.0 is Anno's and the writers fanboy resentment of Rei for being popular, more popular than their favorites.
>Shinji had to be attacked and punished, and Rei had to be removed and humiliated by virtually everyone in the series for them to feel better about themselves.
I want to believe no writer in the world would do something like this.
>>
File: 1449603441438.jpg (10 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
1449603441438.jpg
10 KB, 252x244
>>134763773
Watch 3.0 and watch it happen.

Asuka: "So much fuzz for one person? pff"
Asuka: "Just a rei-clone"
Misato: "Rei is no more"
Fuyutsuki: "Rei is a clone of you're MOM LOL also gendo planned this all along baby"
Kaworu: "Rei doesn't even have a soul m8 lets go pull the spears"
Mari: "kek your original was better"
Rei Q: "I'm literally retarded, look at my my name is Rei I'm retarded what is like by the way?"
>>
File: 1448848047328.jpg (43 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1448848047328.jpg
43 KB, 1024x768
>>134763376
Bull-fucking shit. Kaworu is above all the one to blame.

>The reason things turned to shit was because Shinji kept trying to get the spears
Things already went to shit long before that. In case you didn't notice, the world is in turmoil having lost half it's population, and in 3.0 everything is destroyed and turned into a red wasteland.

Pulling the spears did virtually nothing but get rid of Kaworu, which is a good thing. Now let's set the fact that everything has already gone to shit long before Shinji pulls any spears aside for a moment.

Kaworu doesn't bring Shinji up to speed, but rather implicates him in the destruction and much like an abusive psycopath explains that he's his only hope more or less, in pulling the spears. He doesn't tell him what the spears do or what they're capable of either. Nor what they are actually going to do.

He doesn't even help Shinji fight Asuka or to calm the situation. Nor did he explain what happened to Shinji, or what happened to Rei. In fact all he did was play piano and let everything go to hell, allowing Gendo and Fuytsuki to mindfuck Shinji unchecked.

So when the time comes, Shinji is too desperate to listen.

Fourteen fucking years plus god knows how many thousands of years the Rebuilds are implying this faggot angel has been alive, and this is what fucking happens. All the time in the world and literal godlike powers, and allegedly knowing just as much if not even more than Gendo.

Kaworu is easily the worst, because unlike Gendo he isn't clearly trying to fuck him over. No Kaworu wants to "help" by doing literally everything fucking wrong. There's a special place in hell for Kaworu.
>>
File: 1440082235302.png (231 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1440082235302.png
231 KB, 554x439
>>134763637
>Reifags
>>
>>134764177
more like factfags

get with the program
>>
>>134761558
I'm pretty sure or at least hope that something happened between 2.22 and 3.33 that at least slightly redeems their actions.
>>
>>134764366
>oh no we wwuz brainwashed :(
Shoot yourself. They've got nothing to blame but the script.

They are guilty and I DEMAND A HANGING!
>>
In a very communist attempt to fix the world, the amount of remaining brain cells were distributed among the remaining population of the world. As a general rule of thumb this caused many people to seem smarter, but since we focus on characters that were supposedly smart to begin with they have gone south on the intellectual side. This is the only reason I can think of in universe why everyone is firmly grasping the stupid ball with both hands.
>>
how did asukae and mari and the rest even have the resources to go into space when all they have is a small force of boats?
why did they even keep shinji alive? they should have just killed him as quickly as possible if he was the only one that could possibly fuck the world over any more.
>>
>>134764842
Because it doesn't matter as long as they get to put Asuka and Mari on screen being cool in space. The whole point is just to make 'em look cool, nothing else.

Because if they kill Shinji, they can't shit on him and deride him for having tried to save Rei in the last movie.
>>
>Asuka and Mari go the lesbian route in the final move

Seriously, the "curse of eva" had to be the dumbest fucking thing. I feel like this whole rebuilt project is Anno's way of giving the finger to people who like Eva
>>
>>134765758
It is, in a way, but it's more a way to give the finger to anyone who liked Rei and finger people who liked Asuka or Mari in the same way Anno likes the, as "cute moe objects".
>>
>>134763637
>>134763928

I'm glad I never watched the third movie and won't ever. That's just immature and something I'd expect to see in fanfiction. Not official stuff.

I don't really care for eva anymore anyway. Grew out of it.
>>
>>134766007
OMEDETOU!
>>
>>134766046
It is kinda amusing how fucking butthurt Anno is.
>>
>>134766213
I dunno, it just makes me sad and angry at all the lost potential.
>>
So is Enokido a reifag?
>>
>>134761558
To make things more interesting for the audience
>>
File: 1437452404894.jpg (1 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
1437452404894.jpg
1 MB, 4096x2304
>>134761558
How did Anno go from one of the best animated films of all time to 3.33?
>>
>>134766470
No, he's more of a regular guy.
>>
long time no see, Frodo.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.