[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /a/'s opinion on Summer Wars? How does it compare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: summer-wars.jpg (975 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
summer-wars.jpg
975 KB, 1920x1080
What's /a/'s opinion on Summer Wars?
How does it compare to Hosoda's other work?
>>
Girl who leapt through time>Summer Wars>>>all his long running shonen shit>>>Wolf's Children
>>
>>134754344
>Wolf's Children last
Wow you weren't even trying to be objective.
>>
>>134754064
desu a shitty digimon movie senpai
>>
>>134754397
Yeah I hadn't looked through his other works but it really felt like that digimon movie he incidentally directed... only ten times better than that thrash though.
>>
I liked the family scenes, they were nice. I'm really quite bitter about the Oz scenes. All those imaginative visuals and the best you can think up is to turn it into a battle shounen. Kicking and punching in a virtual world is the way to stop the cyber terrorist...

The Koi Koi part had an air of absurdity at least. The very last scene was atrocious and was a great way to leave with the taste of shit in my mouth.
>>
>>134754461
you mean the kiss scene? yeah, I guess it was kind of in spirit of the movie.
All of the family scenes were excellent though.
How would you have handled battling an AI on a cybernetic overworld?
>>
It's okay
>>
>>134754064
It's good but overrrated.
>>
>>134754064
I liked it, but don't remember much besides the trap.
>>
>>134754064
Wolf's Children > The girl who leapt through time > Summer Wars

I'm awaiting for The Boy and the Beast.
>>
>>134754064
As another anon put it, it's the best 5/10 movie I've seen
>>
>>134754564
Bring up the backup servers with new keypairs, block behind a firewall or psychically disconnect from the network the infected servers, do forensics over the data once they are isolated from the rest or shut down. The usual stuff.
>>
is good
but not good enough
>>
File: taiyesyesyes.jpg (9 KB, 261x146) Image search: [Google]
taiyesyesyes.jpg
9 KB, 261x146
>>134754064

I loved it.

I've enjoyed the Hasoda films he's done that i've seen thus far.
>>
Is Hosoda a furry?
>>
>>134755374
You can't make a good movie with that autism.
>>
>>134754064
He did it better the first time
>>
>>134754374

Not him, but it was shit, and Summer Wars is shit too
>>
>>134754064
Nonsensical garbage.
>>
>>134757399
Well, Hosoda could have learned a trick or two from the GitS franchise on how to depict cyber warfare.
>>
>>134756743
yes
>>
>>134754064
It's a fun movie. Nothing amazing but worth watching.

Girl who lept through time and Wolf Children were shit imo.
>>
Summer Wars has cutest shota.
>>
>>134754064
Thought it was alright, nothing amazingly special but good for the family scenes.

Sequel when
>>
It is a fun and entertaining film. The themes are a bit oversimplified, so I sould recommend saving this one for watching with family, or casualfag friend.
>>
The boy and the beast > The girls who leapt throught time > Summer Wars > Wolf Children
>>
>>134760245
>bakemono no ko

subs when
is the dvd out yet?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.