[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is logh actually one of the best anime of all time? Or is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 13225.jpg (49 KB, 225x320) Image search: [Google]
13225.jpg
49 KB, 225x320
Is logh actually one of the best anime of all time? Or is it only rated so highly because it's so long that the only people to finish is would have had to like it?
>>
>>134695779
Good but a tad overrated imo

The story itself was good but the animation was really not great and could be quite dull to watch at time.
>>
It's good, but it's become a meme at this point. Also one of best anime of all time is a stretch to say the least
>>
>>134695779
It's probably the best written anime in history in my opinion. Problem with that is that everything else is slow from Presentation and pace.

It is one of my all time favorites. And the way that none of the episodes are filler bait or drag as much as Monster is a surprise. Also unlike Monster it ends in a satisfactory way. And in my opinion it is probably one of the all time best space operas ever. Considering the contestants are Star Wars, Star Trek, and Babylon 5.

And Galactic Heroes manages to match those and do somethings better as well.

Best anime ever is kinda subjective so that doesn't matter. Also using MAL as a way to rank is retarded. I will say it is one of the anime that deserves to be that high.

The weaknesses in the writing is that religion and nobles are not as grey as the real meat of the story which is Aristocracy vs. Democracy.
>>
If you didn't realize, people on MAL rate new seasons of shows even before they air or after the first episode.
>>
>>134695856
>>134695878
>>134696163
If the story and characters are good, the animation can be completely shit. I know mal ratings are often retarded, but there is usually some truth to them.

I'm just watching ep5 now, and so far so good.
>>
>>134695856
Not to mention the faggot narrator spoiling every plot development.
>>
>>134696859
That is 100% true. It is the only anime series in the top charts of MAL that has awful animation. Albeit the aesthetics are great looking.

>>134696957
Eh. They needed to some how put the narrator from the books into the anime some how.
>>
>>134695779
Not bad but it's incredibly overrated. There a lot of insignificant and slow episodes and a lot the antagonists in the early episodes are pretty stupid making the battles uninteresting.
>>
File: 1442544119972.jpg (774 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
1442544119972.jpg
774 KB, 960x1440
It certainly is amazing but by no means perfect. Many glaring flaws such as hilariously brain-dead villains/enemy commanders which sort of kill the mood but god damn if there ever was a show with so many memorable moments
>>
Everyone knows K-On is the best anime of all time.
>>
>>134695779
I loved it, but it isn't for everyone. It lacks any real filler episodes, has a lot of characters that get fairly good development, and its plot is robust enough to pique interest.

The main complaint I have of it is that the Terraists are extremely one-dimensional, making them a jarring element in contrast to the rest of the show.
>>
It's high school politics with awful animation. It's literally just a meme.
>>
>>134695779
It's really great and is definitely one of the smartest anime with some of the best characters in the medium. The fanboys overhype it a bit, but it's still great.
>>
I dunno, I kept myself awake for ~35 episodes. Its mildly entertaining and I might rewatch it somebody, but nothing really struck me as great or creative. Typical medieval drama only in space. Big emphasis is made on space battle and tactical planning, which boils down to watching looping animation of laser tag and red/blue blobs on hologram
>>
>>134697289
>high school politics
It's a cartoon, of course it's not going to be anything incredibly insightful. People expect way too much from this show.
>>
>>134696957
Remember, the original OVA was for people who had bought and read the book series. These weren't spoilers for them.
>>
>>134695779
>Is logh actually one of the best anime of all time?
Yes, it's unironically the best anime of all time. I stopped watching anime after watching this show knowing with confidence that I've seen the best this medium has to offer.
>>
My only real complaints are that Iserlohn, for being invincible, was captured far too easily (and stupidly) over and over. The dumbest part in the whole series was how Yang was able to sabotage Islerlohn's computers and NOBODY BOTHERED TO RUN A VIRUS CHECK! MCAFFE WAS INVENTED 2,000 YEARS BEFORE LOTGH TAKES PLACE!

>>134697259

There was nothing wrong with the Terrarists. I see people complain about them all the time, but they were a drugged up, fanatical cult. ISIS is no less fanatical and isn't even drugged up.

Their presence did lessen the dramatic power later in the story, by keeping Julian from hating the Empire.
>>
>>134697800

This is ironic, because LOTGH the anime is a very poor anime. It's basically a radio drama with pictures. As a radio drama, it's excellent, but the pictures are not really necessary.

You should play Muv-Luv Alternative and see the best visual novels have to offer. Every VN I've played since the Muv-Luv trilogy has been weaksauce by comparison. It, and Unlimited, also ask questions and have thematic ideas in the same vein as LOTGH.
>>
>>134697955
The only thing that's really wrong with Terraists is missed opportunity. With how poignant the rest of the show is in regards to human politics and history, they could have easily spent some time on what makes humans commit acts of terror. instead, they made their leaders generic ambitious bad guys and took away the responsibility of the actions of the followers by making them drugged up.

They just seemed so flat in comparison to the rest of the show.
>>
File: Brah lets go.gif (1 MB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
Brah lets go.gif
1 MB, 500x330
Yall are kidders this shits as bad as MD Geist
>>
>>134695779
>it's so long that the only people to finish is would have had to like it?

pretty much the explanation for every good series

the more people watch it = the more /a/ hates it
>>
>>134698193
>They just seemed so flat in comparison to the rest of the show.

That ignores how practically every aristocrat in the Goldebaum Dynasty was

1. Hedonistic as hell
2. Egotistical
3. Incompetent

Simple, hateable villains were a staple before the visit to earth. Trunihit and is military police also come to mind.
>>
>>134695779
It's bad. If something like this aired now everyone would hate it.
>>
>>134698571
Their reason was more grounded in actual history though. Monarchy's becoming too comfortable with their power, abusing systems to give privileges to personal friends, viewing the military as their personal plaything and titles as badges of honor for their brave sons and nephews (who rarely if ever see actual combat). The begin to think they are invincible and this idea is passed on to their offspring through indoctrination.

This all has historical precedent that they touch on. Terrorism does too, but they don't explore it like they did long standing monarchies.

By the by, Trunhit was a good character.
>>
File: 1383877012514.jpg (37 KB, 400x447) Image search: [Google]
1383877012514.jpg
37 KB, 400x447
>>134698841
>that slow realization that Trunhit was trying to reach the same goal as Yang and Julian
>put his people before him even though they despised him
>hated by all to the moment of his death and history will remember him as nothing more than a villain
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.