[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your top 3 One Piece arcs and your least favorite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (409 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
409 KB, 2560x1440
What are your top 3 One Piece arcs and your least favorite?

Mine:
1. Thriller Bark
2. Punk Hazard
3. Seabody
LF: Skypia
>>
>>134695695
1. Enies Lobby
2. Marineford
3. Alabasta
LF. Fishman

Yeah, I know a lot of people around here don't like Enies Lobby and Marine Ford. I can't help it.
>>
>>134695902
Enies Lobby is dope
>>
>>134695695
1. Enies Lobby
2. Alabasta
3. Punk Hazard

Least favourite Fishman Island
>>
1.Water 7
2.Alabasta
3.Skypiea

Least
1.Marineford
2.Fishman
3.Dressrosa
>>
1. Water 7/Enies Lobby
2. Saboady
3. Dressrosa
LF. Orange town

>>134695695
> I know a lot of people around here don't like Enies Lobby
Who the fuck doesnt like Enies Lobby?
>>
File: Chapter 809.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Chapter 809.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>134695695
1. Enies Lobby
2. Impel Down
3. Alabasta
LF: Baratie
>>
1. Water 7
2. East Blue
3. Whiskey Peak
LF: Davyback
>>
File: gau.jpg (212 KB, 800x903) Image search: [Google]
gau.jpg
212 KB, 800x903
1. Alabasta
2. Marineford
3. Arlong Park
>>
>>134696568
>2. East Blue
That's not an arc
>>
>>134696598
Not OP, but I like to think of East Blue as one big thing. It's the purest form of the series as a whole, entirely based around silly fighting and open adventure.
>>
>>134695695
1. Ennies Lobby
2.Alabasta
3.Arlong park

LF
Long ring long land

Haven't gone too far and currently in
Thriller Bark right now and so far a good arc.
>>
1. Enies Lobby/Water 7
2. Sapaody Archipelago
3. Marineford
LF: Fishman Island
>>
>>134697333
>open adventure.
Not really. Most of the East Blue arcs were going to established town after town (or restaurant) with not much adventuring. There wasn't even much of a "getting to know the environment and culture" thing like you have in other established Kingdom arcs like Alabasta, Dressrosa, Drum Island, FI etc. either. I guess you could consider East Blue as one Saga, even though it's not all that connected, but if OP is talking about arcs, each town should be considered its own arc, especially since he considers Whiskey Peak a separate arc too.
>>
>>134698312
Fair enough. I always looked at it as each arc adding to the region that is East Blue. Considering how so many people throughout the world consider it to be the calmest and most peaceful area of the map, it's quite interesting to see such events occurring throughout the islands. These villains aren't worth shit on the Grand Line, but they still have a massive impact on the areas they pillage and plunder.

Again, I feel that looking at them all as one loosely connected start for the overall story really gets the ball rolling. They give the characters and the reader a general taste of what's to come and, looking back, show just how far they've come as a crew.
>>
>>134698853
>Again, I feel that looking at them all as one loosely connected start for the overall story really gets the ball rolling
Yeah, I guess that's why I consider it a Saga too even though their not as connected as the Alabasta saga or the Pirate Alliance saga. But arc wise, I just think they should each be considered their own since they each do have a beginning, middle, and end conclusion to each town in East Blue too.
>>
Watching one piece on toonami right now, I forgot how good the animation use to be, when did it all go to shit?
>>
>>134695695
1) Arlong Park
2) Sabaody Archipelago
3) Alabasta
LF: Dressrosa (there's more "boring" arcs out there but nothing has com close to the combined hype and then sharp dip of disappointment that comes with this one)
>>
>>134695695
1. Water 7
2. Jaya
3. Drum Kingdom
LF: Fishman Island

I've noticed that I tend to prefer the tighter, sillier character-focused arcs to the action heavy ones.
I'm in that minority that found the Davy Back Fight enjoyable but found Marineford fucking boring.
>>
>>134699559
Apparently the production quality got stuck in 2007.
>>
>>134700228
> Drum

Nice.

In general One Piece is a bit average at fights. The other members of the old Big 3 were better at combat. Best bits of OP are all emotional. Anons always hold up Rob Lucci as the best, but it's a pretty vanilla punchfest with periodic powerups and 'I can't believe he's so fast!'. Best action arc is Impel Down.
>>
>>134700442
When I think of fights in One Piece that stand out to me it's stuff like Oars and Enel where the whole crew is working together to take the opponent down far beyond any of their levels.

What makes the Straw Hats fun is the way they're able to bounce off of each other so its great when we can see that happen during a climax instead of everyone just cheering Luffy on for the whole thing, even if he's always destined to get the last shot.
>>
>>134700442
Really disagree on this one. Water 7 building into Enies Lobby was fun in it's own right.

Lucci was a different kind of antagonist in the long run vs. anyone before or after in this franchise. Unlike everyone else, he wasn't planning to personally take over some village or country, and he certainly wasn't in it for his own clear-cut benefit. He was just some guy on the enemy team who stood between Luffy and his friend. The arc was more about him and his crew than anything else. In the end, Oda tried something different and went for a raw punch-out. Love it or hate it, it still stands out, even after so many arcs after it tried the same thing to varying degrees.

I really liked how spaced out it was between the two arcs. It's also why I love everything from the end of Thriller Bark on through Marineford. Those arcs are heavily connected, even when other shit is happening. It helps with world building and also adds a sense of urgency and progression. It's fun, and it's also an excuse to get the big names directly involved in the immediate story.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong. Drum kicks ass. I just feel that a good number of people around here are writing off these "action" or "serious" arcs simply because they're not as silly as others.
>>
>>134695695
1. Enies Lobby
2. Alabastra
3. Sabaody

LF:
1. Syrup Village
2. Little Garden
3. Davy Back Fight
>>
File: 12.jpg (205 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
205 KB, 612x612
>not one person mentioned Dressrosa in their favorites yet
>2 put it into their least favorites list
lmao, and Dressrosafags really try to tell people that their arc was good.
>>
1. Ernies Lobby
2. Arlong Park
3. Water 7
LF: Davy Back/Syrup
>>
>>134701199
>thinking 17 faggots on /a/ is a good sample of the majority of people that read OP
I didn't put it in my top three but it's my 4th favorite.
also
>>134696430
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.