[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Still watching an anime or reading a manga you consider trash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1442103606787.jpg (19 KB, 287x281) Image search: [Google]
1442103606787.jpg
19 KB, 287x281
>Still watching an anime or reading a manga you consider trash because you're too autistic to drop it

Why is the majority of /a/ fucking retarded?
>>
>>134682391
Who does this?
>>
>>134682519
me
>>
I don't do this. I've dropped a ton of manga if I don't get hooked on the first few chapters and I've dropped the occasional anime if it is absolute trash or too long for me to want to finish it
>>
Nisekoi and Bleach in a nutshell.
>>
>>134682391
i legit don't get this
for almost every "new episode of show X!" thread there's some guy that posts about how shitty each episode was and how bad the show is as a whole
like if you hate it so much man
just stop wasting your time with it
>>
Dropped Bleach this summer. Was travelling for 2 months, didn't read anything during that time and had no interest to continue after that. Fairy Tail too while I'm at it. Gonna assume they are still shit
>>
I never do this. If anything I drop too many shows. Hell I'll stop watching a show even if I only have one episode left if I'm mad/bored/whatever enough.
>>
Yeah nah. I don't have that problem. If something isn't interesting me anymore, I drop it.

I don't know how some of you people still read Bleach or Nisekoi unless you're actual masochists
>>
File: 1449908738937.jpg (196 KB, 572x691) Image search: [Google]
1449908738937.jpg
196 KB, 572x691
>>134682391
Because they're autists that want to fill up their MALs.
Even worse when they keep bringing up the same things in every thread when other people enjoy whatever.
>>
>>134682888
I read because I enjoy it.
I'm not putting unrealistic expectations like 'story' or 'plot' on it when I know its a manga and that from the start they've been highly erratic and thats probably why they survive. They are always trying to cram everything in one chapter yet always leave a feeling of 'well I can't see this ever ending' and that works in japan.
Series that have a clear character arc and planning are obvious from the start and everyone agrees it's good because its an actual story.
Then whats so different between Dorohedoro which fucking wanders like a monkey bathed and high on acid or berserk which took an eight year boat ride?
nothing
You're just glad to see a manga finished because the story is done. Anon is a fickle creature that will abandon a series because it isn't progressing satisfyingly enough for them or going the way they wanted.
It's pure lunacy.
>>
>>134683195
>Anon is a fickle creature that will abandon a series because it isn't progressing satisfyingly enough for them or going the way they wanted.
Oh yeah, because I should keep reading D. Gray Man right? That's just going in a bad direction for the past 3 or 4 years but it'll buck up eventually right?

Fuck you. It's not like I think "the second this disappoints me, I will drop it", I'll hold on to it for an episode or in manga's case a few more chapters, but if its going in directions that are clearly bad and not what brought me to the series, what's the point in still reading? Unless you want to fill up your MAL like >>134683097 sad
>>
>>134683296
just because you change your mind doesn't mean the reason changed
if anything, that sense to stick with a series is unnatural, what do you believe it will magically satisfy you somehow?
Tell me honestly how many series you changed your mind on
>>
>>134683436
That's not the point of this thread. If you're reading something because as you said, you still enjoy it, then you've got no problem. OP asked why do you continue to read something you don't enjoy, which for me, I do not.

I mean, you're actually saying I should have kept reading Reborn! midway through the Future arc where I dropped it? I would have still been wasting my time.
>>
>not finishing everything you start
bet you fags are the ones that change your major every semester
>>
>>134683757
>finishing what you started
Fine
>complaining to the same people who like what you don't like and getting mad
Not fine
>>
>>134683535
>you're actually saying I should have kept reading Reborn! midway through the Future arc where I dropped it?
You were the one who insisted on sticking with the manga. Future arc or no, you knew where you were going, hopefully.
>>
I still occasionaly enjoy kubos asspulls
>>
>>134684496
So you're actually trying to say "if you start a manga or anime, you should just keep watching it even if you don't like it"

Even if you have no intentions to go into threads about the thing you dislike just to bitch about it, you should just stick with it anyway? That's just stupid
>>
>>134682391
>dropperfag tries to justify his dropping of anime and manga
what other reason could there be for someone to care to make this thread
>>
>>134685401
>Faggot who doesn't know how to get off a shitty ride tries to defend himself
>>
>>134682391
Watching and reading trash helps give you perspective on other series and be able to more easily recognize good quality. Plus some people are completionists.

That said, I've dropped a lot of anime. I'm less likely to drop manga because I can finish it quicker.
>>
>>134682391
Just because it's trash doesn't mean it's unenjoyable.

See: Code Geass, Valvrave, Guilty Crown
>>
I like knowing what people are talking about when they talk about a series. I try not to drop anything on principle.
>>
>>134683296
>Oh yeah, because I should keep reading D. Gray Man right? That's just going in a bad direction for the past 3 or 4 years but it'll buck up eventually right?
I know this isn't the discussion you're having, but either your sense of time has gone haywire or you're really quick to drop something, because D. Gray Man's had like five chapters in the last four years.
>>
>>134686027
You like to talk about waifu shit all the time so you put up with trash?

Hilarious.
>>
>>134686323
How are you reading things I haven't written?
>>
Sometimes I stick with trash if it looks like if it has potential.
>>
>>134686027
I often choose series to watch if /a/ likes them, but if I don't enjoy it then I'll still drop it. Generally watching a few episodes is enough to know the characters decently well and as spoilers don't matter if you've dropped it, then you can pick up the main plot points in the threads anyway
>>
I'm in a low phase right now. I drop a lot of shit basically on a whim.
However, I only have two episodes left for most shows this season. Might as well just finish it.
>>
>>134682391
>people purposely expose themselves to things they don't like so they can complain about them
yes anon, I'm sure it only happens on /a/
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.