[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Azumanga Daioh leave you satisfied? I enjoyed the conclusion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: chiyo_dad_original.jpg (131 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
chiyo_dad_original.jpg
131 KB, 640x480
Did Azumanga Daioh leave you satisfied? I enjoyed the conclusion more than any other anime or manga.
>>
Satisfied? The ending of Azumanga is the pinnacle of human culture
>>
File: Osaka chinrub.gif (167 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Osaka chinrub.gif
167 KB, 320x240
The only negative thing I felt after watching Azumanga Daioh was the knowledge that nothing could ever equal it
>>
I'm only about 11 episodes in right now but its pretty damn good.
>>
File: Sakaki_Hmm.jpg (103 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Sakaki_Hmm.jpg
103 KB, 720x480
Azumanga made me very sad when it ended. I hated seeing it go.
>>
I felt some weird bittersweet feeling, because that was it, there was no more.

It's been 10 years and I still vividly remember that feeling. Never felt it since
>>
It left an empty feeling in my stomach for nearly a week when it ended, knowing that it had finished. Makes me feel nostalgic thinking about Azumanga Daioh.
>>
>/a/ while azumanga was airing
stupid shitty slice of life just like that stupid yotsuba manga
>/a/ 3 years later
well yeah I liked it
>/a/ 8 years later
A cornerstone of anime culture, truly it never can be equalled.
>/a/ 15 years later
azu-what? There's no boys in this at ALL?
>>
File: 1441120331150.jpg (81 KB, 312x488) Image search: [Google]
1441120331150.jpg
81 KB, 312x488
I'm on episode 16. The feeling of dread of it ending is slowly starting to creep on me.
This is going to make me as depressed as K-On!. I just know it.
But the fact that it ended will make the impact of it last a whole lot longer so I'm not going to complain.
>>
>>134682899
>>/a/ while azumanga was airing
>stupid shitty slice of life just like that stupid yotsuba manga
>>/a/ 3 years later
>well yeah I liked it

You don't know shit.
>>
File: 1387503503167.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1387503503167.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
It reminded me to truly appreciate the little pointless and mundane things in casually living your life. You'll only experience them once. Azumanga honestly had a profound effect on me. I never loved life as much as I did after watching it. I remember promptly hugging everyone I loved. You never know how short your time with them will be.

Smiles per life is a finite value, friends. Cherish each and every one.
>>
Is the anime worth watching if I already read the manga?
>>
File: 1182810046621.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1182810046621.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>if Azumanga was made today, Kimura would wear a pair of panties on his head and constantly try to sneak up on girls to take upskirt photos, Kaori would grope Sakaki's breasts once an episode and the scene with drunk Nyamo telling the girls about her love life would end with all of them passed out on the floor naked
>>
>>134683484
yes.
>>
>>134682899
1. 4chan didn't exist when AD first came out
2. 4chan was created in the first place by an anime fangroup named after AD
>>
File: Chiyo.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Chiyo.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>134683503
As much as I enjoy modern SOL/Comedy shows like Yuru Yuri, they hardly top Azumanga. There was a purity to it that nothing really has anymore.

You can find it in Iyashikei shows like Tamayura, but they aren't at all as funny.

I think what stood out to me the most with Azumanga was how it managed to tug at the heart. I'm not normally into girls like Sakaki, but her subtle character development was extremely satisfying and made her my favourite part of the show.
>>
>tfw /azu/ is down so you can't discuss Kagura's protein poops
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.