[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>needing 1st gear to make a turn Why is Mika such a shitty driver?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: mpv-shot0009.png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0009.png
789 KB, 1280x720
>needing 1st gear to make a turn

Why is Mika such a shitty driver?
>>
that's the proper approach. first gear slow in then fast out to second. how is that shitty?
>>
Slow down, switch down to lower gear. Brake.
>>
>>134673890
The only time you should be in first gear is when you've just started the car, everything else on a asphalt road can be done in 2nd.
>>
>>134674037
can be done=! done best. also you don't even know the gear ratio. for all you know 1st and 2nd are close.
>>
>>134674104
It's obviously better to stay in a higher gear for obvious reasons, at least until your car starts lurching.
But a simple 90 degree turn does not require you to slow down to 5km/h
>>
>>134673890
>>134674037
>>134674104
I'll say that in my personal experience, unless I'm stopped completely, shifting into 1st gear is a no-go.
>>
>>134674285
Pretty much, I drive a 1.6L petrol from 2000 so I haven't seen the need to drop down to 1st gear until I stop.
Diesel's I've seen start stalling sooner, so maybe they need 1st for really tight or precise turns.
>>
>>134673890
>1st>2nd
>not 1st>3rd
Do you even fun Onii-chan?
>>
For all you casuals out there, there are some cars that can even start in 4th gear, so no need to even touch that awful 1st gear again.
>>
Turns are supposed to be made in 2nd whether you are racing or driving normally
>>
>>134674861
Or 1st if you want to dust someone's windshield in or just wanna burn down your rubber.

>Rearwheel drive required
>>
Gear required is dependent on your ground speed. You shouldn't shift down if your wheels are still moving fast enough. Additionally, you should avoid braking and decelerating unless you know the turn is sharper than your safe radius at that speed.
>>
Going into first gear for a turn is fucking retarded unless you have someone in front of you who is going at a snails pace.
If you can't take a turn on second gear then you are a horrendous driver.

It isn't even better to go first gear because if you are above 10 km/h you will get an uncomfortable jerking movement from the car as it adjusts to the high speed on the low gear.
>>
Or just be hardcore and turn in neutral.
Be sure to get a wide swing to the opposite side first for a bigger angle
>>
w-what is this show?
>>
>>134680491
Owari no Gayer than a bag-o-dicks
>>
>>134674373
Wut. Diesels are supposed to stall later than petrol. Most diesels can even be started in 2nd gear on flat ground.
>>
>>134680693
I've driven two diesels in my life and they're both small city hatchbacks, on the other hand I've driven a bunch of different petrols, when in 2nd gear I see most petrols move on under 10km/h and accelerating (albeit slowly) up from 4-5km/h, while both diesels started chugging as soon as it dropped below 11 km/h.
>>
>>134680693

My diesel wants to stall under 10 km/h in 2nd
>>
>>134674421
What, so I can accelerate more slowly? Confirmed for never having driven manual and barely competent enough to remember to breathe.
>>
>>134682493
>lower gear
>slower to accelerate than a higher gear

I think Onii-chan has brain damage.
>>
File: 1449278463496.png (382 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1449278463496.png
382 KB, 512x512
I don't think I've ever even heard of anyone turning in first gear. What the hell? Even if you're going like 1km/h, second gear is good enough. First gear is only when you've literally stopped the car. How slow do you even have to go to drive in first gear, doesn't the engine start crying for you to switch to second gear as soon as you reach like 10km/h?
>>
Stick seems too complicated.
>>
>>134684546
I've never driven an automatic but it just sounds weird as hell. It's like one of those electronic bumper cars they have for kids at fairs. What do you even do, just turn the wheels and have the gas and stop pedals? How is that even driving?
>>
>>134685894
It's easy is why, I never had anyone to teach me stick and have little desire to anyway.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.