[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /a/? Can you keep up with Magata Shiki?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12
Well /a/?
Can you keep up with Magata Shiki?
>>
This entire scene was quite retarded.
>>
>>134671631
The entire series is retarded. I only watch it for the OP.
>>
>started watching this anime yesterday because of /a/
>it's actually good and not a SoL shit with waifus
>have to wait for the episodes to come out to know the ending
Did Magata escape hiding under the wedding dress and running to the elevator during the blackout?
>>
>>134671724
10 out of 11 eps are already out though.
>>
>>134671724
Do you really want spoilers?
She escaped before the blackout.
>>
>>134671807
Fake spoilers are dumb.
>>
>>134671807
yes spoil me
I watched the 10 episodes but I didn't see how she escapes, maybe I missed it? Or it's a mystery during that 1minute missing footage?
>>134671710
I watched a lot of anime I didn't really think were grreat because of the ED or OP being good.
>>
>>134671724
That's what I thought too, but no. She used computer magics. I got quite mad at it, though. If you're going to use unpresented computer shenannigans, you may as well make all that footage useless.
>>134671912
Yes, that's exactly what happened. You couldn't trust the footage.
>>
This show has been kinda shit, so drawn out.
>>
>>134671957
I was mad that it was nearly impossible for us to figure it out. Would have been perfect the way we thought it was
>>
File: 1447696698400.png (334 KB, 515x446) Image search: [Google]
1447696698400.png
334 KB, 515x446
>>134671710
>I only watch it for the OP.
Why not just download the OP if that's the only thing you like and drop the show?
>>
>>134671957
yep. save for conan there is no mystery anime that doesn't have either sci fi or supernatural elements. its a tough life
>>
>>134672072
Just take Log Horizon for example. The show is meh but the ED at the end always fit with the last scene making you want to watch one more. And then when you watch it and it gets boring you can't wait for the ED to kick in.
>>
>>134671912
Once everyone was looking at the corpse rolling on the P1 and did the emergency reset she just left the room and took the elevator.

>>134672052
What matters is that it was possible to figure it out, the elevator suddenly being on the roof and the lab's clock being one minute early. All the clues were there.
>>
>>134672077
This one doesn't have sci-fi or supernatural either, what are you talking about?
>>
>>134672137
But when did they say that the clock on the computer was early? I never noticed that until they say it at the end?
>>
>>134672137
yeah as far as the mystery goes it works well. Just had some random computer stuff and silly genius characters to make it seem smarter then it was.
>>
>>134671384
He looks like faggot.
>>
>>134672188
It doesn't effect the mystery, but they still have those weird mind bath things.
>>
>>134671384
>tfw no mad genius scientist waifu coming to kill me
>>
>>134671957
Well, I didn't figured it at first, but it wasn't as far fetched. The way they explain it (the exploit being clearly visible in the source code) is quite dumb, but considering Magata Shiki had made to the entire compiling chain of the facility, the Red Magic compiler introducing certain routines in the binaries since the inception of the OS isn't impossible. More a rootkit than a Trojan Horse.
>>
>>134672195
The reset was supposed to happen at 11:00 not 10:59.
>>
>>134672188
The suspension chambers are unnecessary and add a kind of sci-fi/supernatural element to the story.
>>
>>134672303
Those are just isolation tanks, the only special thing is that they have speakers integrated and are liked to the lab's network. So people can speak to you when you're in one.

All the fancy scenery we saw were just in their minds, not some kind of super advanced VR.
>>
>>134672356
Oh neat
>>
>>134672346
But that's not the problem. Yes, it's possible. But if you're gonna use Shiki's mad skills in computers to allow her to scape from the room, you may as well make her erase all the registry of the door ever being open and rewriting the footage. It's almost as if they used a hidden door in the room and only gave you "evidence" of it by telling you that the person in the room liked architecture, and the detective being unable to find any sign of such a door. It's cheap and the reader/watcher ends up feeling he's wasted a lot of time thinking about something meaningless.
>>
>>134672467
Saikawa even comments on it.
>>
>>134672345
Yeah I found that kind of stupid.
>welp I have to come kill you now because I'm a crazy fuck
>>
>>134672443
ah neat. guess it isn't too bad then, even if kinda unnecessary like another anon said.
>>
>>134672558
Not strictly speaking necessary, the live action drama replaces them with VR glasses, but thanks to them we had what I think are two of the best scenes of the show and they tie in very well with the theme of letting your mind be free from the constraints of your body.
>>
>>134672535
Well, they gave you another hint, she had incredibly computer skills *and* was responsible for the security system that would stop her from escaping.

It's like they had jailer and architect inside a prison he had designed himself, something should be fishing when he escapes from his cell without opening the door.
>>
File: Subete handshake.jpg (142 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
Subete handshake.jpg
142 KB, 1280x1440
>>134672345
Saikawa is living the dream.
>>
>>134672707
Yes, but usually, you have a "hint" that the detective catches up at some point... usually before he goes all "I solved it". Something like "there's a bit of the code that I don't know what it's doing" or "Shiki released this system 7 years ago and hasn't updated it ever since". Something that hinted about something being off. The way we're presented the footage, and the lack of hints of them being manipulated, is almost as if they were telling us "you can trust this. This is a hint, not the trick". Hell, they didn't even explain that the footage was saved in minute's chunks until the end either, so the hint of the clock being off by a minute (that was presented really roundabout way too, but whatever) didn't mean anything until it was already solved.
>>
File: sub CV-_sfjUwAEt6sl.png (310 KB, 598x337) Image search: [Google]
sub CV-_sfjUwAEt6sl.png
310 KB, 598x337
Fucking episode 11 has been aired at some film festival already.
Why do we have to wait for it?
>>
>>134672922
That's true, they should have explained the inner workings of the surveillance system before, but they still gave the viewer a certain advantage by making Saikawa fail at his first try and showing that the video was saved at one minute intervals before revealing the system clock was one minute earlier than it should.

Also, on a related point, Magata Shiki posing as her sister doesn't make sense unless she actually has a sister to supplant. The Director's wife hadn't been fooled otherwise.
>>
>>134672922
>"Shiki released this system 7 years ago and hasn't updated it ever since"
Isn't that implied by the fact that she has Red Magic ver.6 on her computer while the lab is still running ver.4?

I think the show gave plenty of indirect hints about it.
Not direct or blatant like "there's a strange bit of code", the important thing is the the presence of Magata's trick has been foreshadowed more than enough even if the specifics of it were not.
>>
>>134673174
I hope final episode explains this shit
>>
File: Subete Miki.jpg (55 KB, 465x565) Image search: [Google]
Subete Miki.jpg
55 KB, 465x565
>>134673174
>Magata Shiki posing as her sister doesn't make sense unless she actually has a sister to supplant. The Director's wife hadn't been fooled otherwise.

Miki is supposed to have been living in America with "relatives" all her life.
When she arrives in ep 3 and meets with the Director's wife it's pretty clear that they've never met before.

I don't know if there's a Miki that actually exists somewhere in America or if it was just a fabrication by Magata and the Director, but I don't think it matters either way.
>>
File: shirousave.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
shirousave.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>134671384
>YOU KEEP UP WITH ME
>>
>>134673563
I think it matters. Having a distant sister who you have barely meet is quite convenient, yet it is credible that nobody would doubt you if you say she'll be coming after all these years, and then she happens to look a lot like you. Inventing a sister that nobody had heard about before Magata Shiki's parents died is something that would make her parents' acquaintances suspicious, and definitely something that the Director's wife wouldn't buy considering how close she and the Director seemed to be with her parents.
>>
>>134673174
Yeah, I also thought the sister part was strange. One would have thought that someone had seen her before and recognized her. And maybe I remember wrong, but when someone ask "So Shiki had a sister? I didn't know", there's not a "Me neither", but a "yeah, not many people know".
>>134673197
Yes and no. For all we know, she may have liked to have the most advanced system on her personal computer, while leaving the lab with an outdated version, and the only reason why v5 wasn't on the lab was because she had just finished v6. The off thing about it is not that there are different versions, but that the last update tot the lab's was so long ago.
Also, "there's a strange bit of code" is exactly what we're told when he talks with the otaku girl and finds the counter. It's just that, by then, it's too late, because it's already been solved.
>>134673563
I guess it would make sense for her to be a fabrication. I mean, the director told everyone she was going to pick her out in the chopper, did he not? But it would be weird for his wife to no t know any real thing about her family. Anyway, as you say, it doesn't really matter either way.
>>
Why aren't there more murder mystery anime? It's a genre with potential.
>>
>>134674236
There's a few but most of them will be episodic.
Like Kindaichi or Sakurako this season.
>>
File: 6fCGr1v.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
6fCGr1v.webm
1 MB, 640x360
That was some good looking water though.
>>
Damn, /a/ just doesn't like anything.
I think this anime has nice plot and writing.
>>
>>134674427
Jellyfish are evil, I'm telling you.
>>
>>134674763
I don't think the writing and the plot are that good.
The firsts episodes were also shit.
I'm loving this show though, I don't even know why, maybe the pacing, the atmosphere or the characters.
>>
>>134674929
Are that suppused to be strange looking glasses?
They look too bad to be jellyfishes
>>
>>134671384
>Can you keep up with Magata Shiki?
Probably no, she as mary sue even makes gary stu MC look like a baby
>>
>>134675098
They're definitely jellyfishes. Some of them are in the lab.

Also Marimba best red herring.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.