[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mangatraders Archive (Complete)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13
File: Isana - Santa Support Help Desk.png (174 KB, 533x444) Image search: [Google]
Isana - Santa Support Help Desk.png
174 KB, 533x444
Here's the last torrent for the MT Archive. (O-Z)

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=765143

If you're wondering where A-N is, it's already up on nyaa. Just search mangatraders and you'll find it. Merry Christmas, I guess. Please seed.
>>
Absolutely fucking based.
>>
File: Urara - Explain Further.png (257 KB, 400x316) Image search: [Google]
Urara - Explain Further.png
257 KB, 400x316
>filechecking throttles speed on all torrents.
Learn something new every day. It'll take a few minutes to get running, I guess.
>>
>>134643666
Thanks Blue. Now I can continue reading Berserk. Although I'll be stuck on the boat until kami is fixed
>>
I'd throw virgin little sisters at you if I had any.
>>
File: happiness.png (593 KB, 772x672) Image search: [Google]
happiness.png
593 KB, 772x672
Downloading. Thanks a ton, Blue.
>>
File: 1426042372623.png (211 KB, 511x600) Image search: [Google]
1426042372623.png
211 KB, 511x600
>>134643666
Blue-nii!
>>
Thread shouldn't die so soon.
>>
The o-z torrent isn't downloading. I guess the seed is working on the other two first?
>>
File: Isana - Donut.png (827 KB, 865x897) Image search: [Google]
Isana - Donut.png
827 KB, 865x897
>>134647489
Wait like... 30 minutes.
The torrent is in the middle of file checking and because of that ALL of my seeding is being throttled right now. The other two at least have some peers for you to download from though.

Once it finishes the file check, it'll be good to go and it'll continue seeding to everyone.
>>
File: Newgamehug.png (1 MB, 889x999) Image search: [Google]
Newgamehug.png
1 MB, 889x999
Thanks for the hard work, Blue!
>>
Thanks Blue. I'll be seeding as much as I can.

Keep your chin up.
>>
>>134647596

Torrents of this size really shouldn't be seeded by a single seedbox anyway. They will never finish.
>>
>>134648461
>never
I suppose it depends on how much up speed he's getting on the seedbox. After that it's up to leechers to not be shits and actually seed for a long time.
>>
File: FUYA - 夜廻 (53916751) .png (300 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
FUYA - 夜廻 (53916751) .png
300 KB, 600x848
>>134648461
It has to start somewhere. Someone has already finished the first one. People just have to do their part.
>>
File checking has finished. Uploading is beginning. It is literally all up to you guys now. I'm pretty much done here outside of maybe paying for additional months on this box.
>>
>>134648822
I was gone for about a year after MangaTraders went down and the archiving process started. What happened? Why did it take so long for the torrents to go up?
>>
>>134649046
Vaporware, laziness and empty promises? As far as I know, Blue submitted the content to both Madokami and here and thus the only way we have ever had access to files funnily enough. That's pretty ridiculous.
>>
File: Isana - Smile 12.png (85 KB, 272x367) Image search: [Google]
Isana - Smile 12.png
85 KB, 272x367
>>134649046
>>134649097
pretty much this.
Although, I wasn't the one who submitted the archive to Madokami. Someone else who had the full archive did it. I figured that since the full archive was in the hands of all the people who were doing stuff, I could just slide out and not have to do anything else. But alas.
>>
>>134649097
>>134649172
What's madokami and what were they going to do with it? I'd think a simple rip of MT would have been enough?
>>
>>134649204
It's one thing having a rip, but it's another distributing it. A problem that we seem to encounter more often than we should be. Which is why the original MT being up so long is fucking impressive (for all the retardedness and obnoxiously slow download speeds). Keeping something up to date but also out of sight and easy to share is pretty hard.
>>
>>134649274
This, basically. Word of mouth inevitably spreads things as time goes on, it goes from a few people in the know, to general communities, to everyone else and common use. Somewhere along the line, it becomes big and obvious enough that IP holders can't ignore it, and it only takes on DMCA to announce to the world that fun is over and the process has to start over again. Once you're on the corporate map, you basically have to jump ship and start again, knowing that each cycle will only last as long as it takes for social media to take notice and start spreading your resource around.
>>
>>134649204
From what I remember, Madokami was erected as a temporary solution to collect updates of manga as they came out while a proper replacement for MT was worked on.That way you could combine the archive + madokami's collection and get everything in the end. At some point, I guess they just decided to upload the archive to MK and use that as a main solution.

And no, just ripping it isn't enough because we still need proper distribution systems to keep them functioning.
>>
Huh. Well thanks for the explanation.
>>
File: 1448546226592.png (321 KB, 726x588) Image search: [Google]
1448546226592.png
321 KB, 726x588
>>134643666
what an absolute madman
>>
boop
>>
I will eventually write a specialized distributed network protocol, presumably to be piped over IP (consider why that ain't necessary: meet in person and just use IP for checksum confirmation and Metadata management). I would proceed by writing a driver for a virtual network interface that acts like a tunnel, initially paired to a single network interface card and, later, shared over multiple interfaces like multi - route IP (alternative solution to meeting in person). The point wouldn't be anonymity, but plausible deniability. (however, if course anonymity could be added as encryption and obfuscation).

I do not understand why all the existing distributed are so slow, though. Since this is not a project I can work on right now, does anyone have any resources for an aspiring network engineer? Specifically, I'm going to have this as a proof of "zomg this is actually useful" - concept application for a mesh optical network.

Using Linux atm. I hate Windows and Mac, so practically you would either run this if in a virtual machine or on you phone because of drivers, then use the bare - bones network to access a big distributed repository (filesystem).

I'm too lazy to type more....
>>
How much longer will Madokami actually be up? What happens after/if/when Madokami is dead for good? I'd sad there's no modern #lurk
>>
>>134653322
I didn't realize we had crystal balls.
>>
File: theory-programing.jpg (62 KB, 874x451) Image search: [Google]
theory-programing.jpg
62 KB, 874x451
>>134653210
OH, right, I should explain a sample hierarchy, just for brainstorming. Parenthesized stuff is not critical.

1. Optical layer.
2. (MITM-prevention specific to wired optical networks.)
3. A fast hardware for automatically routing stuff. (The big mesh is internetwork municipalities. Each muni divides itself into mini - meshes, and each mesh is wired in a ring. This is just for making deployment cheap.) Imagine, for the routing portion, marking packets by wavelength.

Then:

4. druvers. Insert optional software encryption here. Anonymity options here is bad because it means DOS attacks become trivially easy and impossible to prevent.

Then:

5. Distributed Super Madokami adopts a scheme that no longer needs to worry about most of the stuff a programmer usually worries about. Practically, each manga chapter is a very short python script that installs it's associated data.

The first third is virtualize. The second third is just drivers. The last third has two halves: an explicitly-divided distributed filesystem, and then a pair of a safe script interpreter and a script so simple anyone can read it, understand it, and softly split - off their own distributed fake Web.

#5 is like 30%done ,working backwards . #4 would use Xia, but I welcome recs as I am not a computer engineer. #3 is possible but not yet decided on for final theory. #2 is easy and practically done, just not demonstrated. #1 obviously exists and is theoretically well-defined. I just don't have the money to build it all, but at least the theory is not complicated.

For you, the reader, you can ignore everything except #5, which is what I really want to hear ideas on. At the repository Metadata file is like 80 lines of python, to give you an idea, and is meant to install and debug just with execution and a few environment variables.

This is probably very stupid of me to explain freely. Well, it's not like I explained enough for anyone to actually build anything.
>>
>>134653633
Well phone typing messed up some of that post....
>>
>>134653210
>>134653633
Jesus anon, I can't decide if you're fifteen, autistic, or both.
>>
No A-G?
>>
>>134656472
It's there. Don't know why search doesn't trigger it.
>>
>>134657706
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=764691
>>
What a time to wake up.
>>
File: Isana - Bothered.png (67 KB, 189x266) Image search: [Google]
Isana - Bothered.png
67 KB, 189x266
>>134653633
I don't really understand anything about #5
>>
>>134643666
What a fantastic Christmas present.
>>
On another note, is desustorage dead?
>>
>>134643666
Thank yoooooou!
>>
>>134665098
They're moving servers.
>>
>>134643666
Bless you, Blue! This is probably the best birthday present I'll get today.
>>
>>134643666
Thank you Blue.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.