[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so OP is the most popular and financially successful manga/anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: One-Piece-Usopp-Luffy-Nami[1].jpg (159 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
One-Piece-Usopp-Luffy-Nami[1].jpg
159 KB, 600x331
Ok, so OP is the most popular and financially successful manga/anime there ever was, right?

Hence, any studio would probably love to make it, right?

And Oda owns it, right?

Then why is a shit studio making the anime? Why doesn't Oda just say "Yeah fuck you scrubs. I'm gonna go to Madhouse."?
>>
He's a hack and turned it into a cash cow long ago
>>
>>134627323
It's a fucking kids manga, who cares
>>
he doesn't give shit about the anime he already said it
>>
>>134627406

It just boggles my mind that the most popular manga don't get the best animation treatment. Sailor Moon Crystal looks like shit. But it's Sailor Fucking Moon! The entire planet loves Sailor Moon. Yet, the remake looks like shit.
>>
>>134627323
Toei's had the rights forever and they probably give Oda a fair cut of those jew profits.
>>
>>134627323
Probably he just didn't care and let them handle it, he's already too busy with his manga since he always takes time off
>>
>>134627323
Because no one's willing to fund it at Madhouse.
>>
Because Madhouse can fund a 700+ anime series and not make it look like a child drew it because of budget constraints. Saying that Toei probably employs children as animators to keep costs as low as possible.
>>
>>134627323
I like how people think "well if we give this 700+ episode series to x studio and force them to run it every week, surely it will look better"

Also, seriously, Madhouse? You're still under the impression that Madhouse is like a specific staff and not literally a bunch of different animators depending on the series? You think every episode's gonna look like OPM or something? Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>134627505
Because they're two totally different markets, even if they're based on a similar product.
>>
>>134627578
>make it look like a child drew it
but wanpiss's art looks like the doodlings of an autistic 12 year old, so if anything toei is staying true to the artistic integrity between bringing oda's manga to animation
>>
>>134627578

But couldn't Madhouse easily finance it if they got all the income OP is generating? If they can make a profit by animating 14 episodes that look amazing, then why can't they just do the same thing over and over and over until they end up with 700+ episodes (you don't even need that many if you cut out the filler).
>>
>>134627505
>It just boggles my mind that the most popular manga don't get the best animation treatment.
Because it's literally airs at children's programming hours and kids don't give a shit about animation or sakuga or whatever since they watch it anyway. Did you at 5-10 years old?
>>
>>134627710
Does the anime generate a profit? It is to help promote the manga, first and compost.
>>
>>134627710
In order for what you're describing to happen, One Piece would need to take constant breaks which if you think is going to happen with One Piece, you're out of your mind
>>
>>134627710
I'm too lazy to explain and also would probably fuck up some details, but most productions have a different business model than what I think you're imagining. There are probably some articles about it if you google.
>>
>>134627733
>Did you at 5-10 years old?

Of course I didn't describe it like that but I always enjoyed animated movies that looked amazing alot more than... sorry I don't want to talk about it. There are things that look so shit that it literally mentally hurts me to think about it or acknowledge its existence in writing so I'll use another example... than He-Man.
>>
File: le doflimgo man.png (189 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
le doflimgo man.png
189 KB, 500x280
One piece will draw a large audience on name alone, if they spent money on the animation etc more people would indeed watch it but would it be worth the cost when they already make bank off a show they don't put any money into?

Toei is smart for following the Chinese business strategy of making a product as cheap as you can while still selling it
>>
File: Poor Nami.jpg (226 KB, 2640x813) Image search: [Google]
Poor Nami.jpg
226 KB, 2640x813
What annoys me is that I was perfectly fine with how the first episodes of OP looked, but then it got increasignly worse. Call me a nostalgiafag if you want, but the old art was just better. Same goes for the boob sizes of the anime versions of the female characters.
>>
>>134628043
everyone agrees that it was a good anime until marineford
>>
>>134627323
>Then why is a shit studio making the anime?
Because they don't need it to be quality to sell.
>Why doesn't Oda just say "Yeah fuck you scrubs. I'm gonna go to Madhouse."?
What would Madhouse do better aside from the visuals? They're extremely greedy on animation and their directors are fuck awful.
>>
>>134628090
>marineford
nah it went to shit by thriller bark
>>
File: 1352913596270.jpg (77 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1352913596270.jpg
77 KB, 600x450
>>134628090

>until marineford

I thought it was Enies Lobby.
>>
>>134628043
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqlwhoDH5ac

remember when it was good
>>
>>134628128
>What would Madhouse do better aside from the visuals?

Well, the visuals are the issue here. I was just watching some madhouse and thought to myself "I really would like to watch a shonen with that kind of animation just for fun sometimes." But even the most successful shonen look like garbage. I guess the thinking is that kids don't have high standards but some shonen like Dragon Ball Super or OP isn't primarily watched by kids anymore.
>>
>>134628207
You saying Impel Down was bad?
>>
>>134628202
>>134628207
thriller bark and impel down are still good
>>
>>134628208
If we're doing flashbacks, Law's flashback episodes recently were probably the best the anime has been in a long time.
>>
>>134628236
>I really would like to watch a shonen with that kind of animation just for fun sometimes
Not sure what this means, HxH 2011 is pretty much completely unanimated 90% of the time aside from lipsync and effect and even cheap cashgrabs like OP and Naruto have really good animated moments from time to time.
>>
>>134628236
>Well, the visuals are the issue here. I was just watching some madhouse and thought to myself "I really would like to watch a shonen with that kind of animation just for fun sometimes."
There is no ongoing shounen that can have the animation you're looking for especially for one as long as One Piece. I know you're thinking they could make every anime look like One Punch Man or whatever but it would be more like getting Magical Warfare

>but some shonen like Dragon Ball Super or OP isn't primarily watched by kids anymore.
But that is completely not true. Both of those come on Sunday mornings, in a children's block, literally right after Pretty Cure
>>
>>134628264
some of their decisions baffles me
look what they did with the "special better version of merry's death"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ6Go-hYcfA
>tfw ugly cgi merry
he didn't deserve it
>>
>>134628242
>>134628253

Didn't they start the excessive episode padding before that? Also heard that the animation started tanking around EL.
>>
>>134628423
nami is so much cuter with short hair
>>
>>134627802
Not him, but this is an incredibly kind post for an /a/ post. I was expecting it to be very rude and shitposty, but you kept your cool. I hope you feel good about yourself, anon.
>>
It is cheaply made and airs in a kid's time slot. There's no reason to improve it, it generates money.
>>
>>134627681
this is my favorite meme
>>
Wait a minute, is OP so naive to think that if another studio did 700+ episodes of an anime, that it will look all the way through?

Huh?
>>
>>134628706
So you havent actually seen it, yet you talk about when it turned to shit?
Seems like /a/ to me, talking about stuff they know nothing about.
>>
>>134628242
>>134628253
Impel Down fucking sucked in the anime.
>>
>>134629567
There was so much padding in ID though. Same with Marine Ford. The only things they got right were the emotional parts but other than that, the arc was almost Dressrosa levels of bad with the padding.
>>
>>134627505
>The entire planet loves Sailor Moon. Yet, the remake looks like shit.

They liked the first anime of sailor moon. They then realized that the actual adaptation of sailor moon was trash.
>>
>>134627505
People like Sailor Moon the anime.

Sailor Moon the manga, not so much. I don't think anybody was ever asking for an adaptation of the manga
>>
>>134627323
>Madhouse
>Good
>After how they butchered HxH

I love this meme
>>
>>134629384
He seems to be under the impression that Madhouse would have some kind of insane level animation for an ongoing long-running shounen that they would for their regular 12 episode series
>>
>>134630765
>butchered hxh
this is more of a meme
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.