[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really starting to wonder what goes on behind animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: dragon_ball_super_logo[1].jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dragon_ball_super_logo[1].jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
I'm really starting to wonder what goes on behind animation studios. Toei needs to get their shit together.
>Gohan can turn into super saiyan when in Buu arc his hair stayed black when he tried to transform
>Gotenks defuses in a minute instead of 30 minutes. Doesn't even go SS3
>Ginyu is alive despite the fact he was in a frog's body for 10-12 years.
>Dodoria/Zarbon level minions give Piccolo a hard time.
>Frieza regenerated to his base form. With armour on,
>Bulma recognises Frieza

It's pretty fucking ironic that Toei throws fucking flashbacks yet they can't even make a decent attempt to avoid retconning shit.
>>
>Bulma recognises Frieza

except she didn't
>>
>>134625240
This is even worse than Db GT.....
I thought it was impossible but they did it
>>
>>134625400
I just sat through GT

no, DBS isn't worse, not by a long shot.

It's certainly trying to rehash past concepts like GT right now, though. I'll say that much.
>>
>>134625240
Toei is shit, but it's because you are even worse, as almost none of your complains are true
>>
>>134625240
DB ended in the Buu saga. Everything that comes after is trash. This show is dead, let it rest in peace.
>>
Series Director — Kimitoshi Chioka
Planning — Masato Seino, Kazuya Watanabe, & Kōzō Morishita
Story & Character Draft — Akira Toriyama
Character Design — Tadayoshi Yamamuro
Art Design — Shinzō Yuki
Music — Norihito Sumitomo
>>
>>134626806
Nope, as title says, DB ended after Goku married Chichi. But I agree that everything that comes after is trash
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2048x2048
>>
File: 300x300-2.jpg (29 KB, 300x402) Image search: [Google]
300x300-2.jpg
29 KB, 300x402
I hope Maron will come back for this.
>>
>>134628610
Beerus wouldn't look special either when the classic dragon ball world had animal people walking around all the time.
>>
>>134628732
Dragonball must exist in a really, really large Gold Crown Town.
>>
>>134627543

>Android Invasion saga
>some of the best manga ever written
>trash

Get out you fucking hipster. Don't try and shit on the latter half of Dragon Ball's story just because it's popular.
>>
>>134630679
Some of the best manga ever written???
Thanks for the laught, that made my day
>>
>>134628610
This

I can't believe the type of fuck ups that have actually slipped under the executives noses.
>>
>>134630679
>the state of Gohanfags
>>
A bunch of old guys in business suits who long since stopped caring about animation cutting as many corners as possible (outside of voice acting) while still pulling in huge numbers of devoted fans
>>
>>134625240
>>Gohan can turn into super saiyan when in Buu arc his hair stayed black when he tried to transform

Are you retarded? Spirit/Mystic is completely different than super saiyan
>>
>>134628610
this means that dragonball wasn't canon than, right?

so whats not canon now

>dragonball
>dbz
>GT
>>
>>134632510
Are YOU retarded?

Old Kai explicitly stated that he unlocked ALL of Gohan's potential so he no longer needs to transform.
>>
>>134633267
except thats exactly what i've already said so what are you even crying about you mongoloid?
>>
>>134625240
>blaming plot issues on the animation studio
>>
>>134633267
Mystic is the ability for Gohan to always use his maximum amount of power and potential. So if his Super Saiyan state increases him 50 fold, his Mystic would do the same.

He still needs to transform into Mystic, as stated in the manga; it's similar to Super Saiyan but a little different.

He can still go Super Saiyan, as they are two different forms with different ways of being activated.
>>
>>134633267
>Old Kai explicitly stated that he unlocked ALL of Gohan's potential so he no longer needs to transform.

Right when the Old Kai was explaining his thing everyone was laughing about how unlock potential is a joke in Dragonball. He also was wrong about Super Saiyan being just for show and the wrong way to do things, considering how Whis sees a lot of potential in the form.

Anyway, Gohan hasn't trained in years, so his power has dropped. He can transform into a SSJ to power up, but then his body can't take that power.

>>134634002
>He still needs to transform into Mystic

He only needed to do that the first time. Afterwards, he's never shown "transforming" again.

Battle of Gods is the only time where he "transformed" into Ultimate and his hair style changed, but that was just because the animators had originally drawn him as a SSJ there. Even in Super's version of the BoGs arc his hair doesn't change while powering up.
>>
>>134628641
this picture fucks me up
>>
>>134634635
>Afterwards, he's never shown "transforming" again.

Because he never fights again after Gotenks Buu.

His hair also has nothing to do with it because he had his signature 1 banged look even before Mystic.
>>
The real reason is that Mystic Gohan does not look as cool/recognizable as a Super Saiyan does
>>
does anyone have a download link for resurrection of f english dub?
>>
>>134625240
>>Bulma recognises Frieza
Jaco showed her a drawing.
>>
Dragon Ball Kai and Dragon Ball Super didn't happened.
>>
>>134638743
It got dubbed?

Check if there's an official release from Funi first, if that's not out, forget about it.
>>
>>134628641
>>
DB Multiverse is the real sequel. DB Super is as bad as the Asterix only drawn and written by Uderzo.
>>
>>134639368
the english dub dvd came out last month or something like that
>>
>>134631980
Arale brought them back through a time machine. Check the lore nigga.
>>
>>134628641

but she's non canon though.
>>
>>134628610
some fag used the dragonballs to wish back the dinosaurs, duh
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.