[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything worse that can happen to a manga than it becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 65409l[1].jpg (103 KB, 315x450) Image search: [Google]
65409l[1].jpg
103 KB, 315x450
Is there anything worse that can happen to a manga than it becoming popular and getting an anime when it's nowhere near finished?

I just found out about Seven Deadly Sins Season 2 being announced. It's set for 2016 apparently.
But the manga is barely enough ahead for half a season at this point, not to mention how much they butchered the ending of the first season.
They're most likely going to have to make shit up halfway through and end it with some horrible bullshit.
>Just like Soul Eater
>Just like Claymore
>Just like Akame Ga Kill
>Just like TONS of other series.

The only series that ever really worked with this shit were Inuyasha, by simply ending it's series till the manga finished, and FMA, by getting a whole series reboot.
Is there any hope for adapted animes to get decent endings with all this outpacing shit?
>>
maybe it will be 13 episodes.
>>
File: 1433433704584.gif (150 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1433433704584.gif
150 KB, 500x333
>>134610849
>animes
>>
File: Slowpoke.png (547 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
Slowpoke.png
547 KB, 500x488
>>134610849
>I just found out about Seven Deadly Sins Season 2 being announced.
>>
>>134611058
I knew it was happening, I just didn't expect them to be pushing it for 2016.

At least with Attack on Titan they had the decency to wait a long time so the manga could get a good lead before going into the next season.
Now that I think of it, Attack on Titan may do alright since it took such a long break. They'll likely have the next season go till the fight with the smiling titan at most.
>>
It's like Magi again.
>>
>>134611145
SnK anime alone made 10 times more money than the NNT anime, the manga probably makes many times more than that in merchandise and whatnot.
Of course it gets special treatment.
>>
Gee, one would almost think that the anime isn't the main attraction here!
>>
>>134610849
Who gives a shit unless you're an ADHD riddled child who won't just read the manga? Adaptions are rarely an improvement regardless of whether or not it's a finished story.
>>
OP is a faggot who thinks battle shounen are the norm and doesn't know how to type on /a/. Fuck off.
>>
>>134610849
You are right. The problem though is the medium itself: anime are often just meant to advertise the source material, so unless the producers decide to push for a faithful adaptation they couldn't care less about diverting from the original plot halfway through. If you think about it, a shitty rushed up ending will probably be more effective than a proper one at drawing people into reading the manga, so that they can see how the story actually goes on.
Unfortunately quality does not always have the top priority.
>>
>>134610849
No
>>
>>134610849
It's just a glorified commercial. Why even get emotionally invested in a mediocre series like Nanatsu no Taizai anyway?
>>
>>134615836
because he's retarded
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.